Skip to main content

Invitation for artists

Submitted by BinhNguyen on
Forum

Hi everyone,

This is an invitation for artists to join a strong development team. The game details are as follows.

(Souri, would you be able to tell me where else I may post this message to gain a little more exposure, please?)

ABOUT THE SETTING

Edge of Madness is set in the here and now. It is about the experiences of ordinary men and women who have had their eyes opened to the darkness in this world. Connected by the Network they are provided with information and what funds that can be spared. Your role is to lead small teams of these individuals in hiding and in battle, learn what you can and stay alive.

The atmosphere is one of fear and desperation that borders on film noir. They are alone in facing the sinister truths that hide behind a facade of normality with few resources and fewer allies. What they do have is a growing understanding of the forces they face.

ABOUT THE GAME PLAY

Edge of Madness is a turn based tactical strategy held together by a dynamic global strategic campaign. The focus is on combat at a personal level and resource management at an organisational level. The world is 3d with realistic projectile and environmental damage.

ABOUT THE TEAM

The current team is made up of a core team of members and a number of contributors. The team members are dedicated honours year students with strong programming skills. All have had experience completing game projects and industrial projects.

ABOUT THE PROJECT

This project is intended to be a highly polished demo showcase our skills. The project completion date is 29th May 2006. It has been in design for two weeks. The project has a robust game engine, a focused design and a committed, experience team.

This is a short term project - approximately 12 weeks. A full game will be ready at the completion of this period of time. The quality of the game will be subject to contributions and team efficiency. The end product will fairly acknowledge all input and will be seen by many professional members of the game industry as well as other professionals.

WHY YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED

# This project is an opportunity for you to display your work in real time in a game environment.
# This project has a rapid turn around time so you can see the results of your work right away.
# You will have the opportunity to gain exposure from the final game produced.
# You get to contribute high quality artwork for a complete game project.
# Being a turn based game people will have the time and opportunity to view your work as opposed to a real time game where there is little time to stop and appreciate the details.

WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Graphic and sound artists
* Ability to work with a schedule
* Mature attitude and a willingness to work as a team
* Ability to tailor work to achieve a consistent art direction

TO EXPRESS INTEREST
* Please go to the following forum, and create a new thread to introduce yourselves and if possible display some of your work. http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/eharradine/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
* Or email me at tb_nguyen(at)hotmail(dot)com

DEADLINE
* Ideally in two weeks time, Tuesday 28th March 2006. We are moving at a very quick schedule.

NOTES
* Any work you produce will remain your property and you have the right to distribute the game freely. We simply ask that we have the right to distribute the game freely as well.

-Binh

Submitted by BinhNguyen on Wed, 15/03/06 - 10:59 PM Permalink

Thanks Souri,

I have submitted to the news page.

-Binh

Submitted by BinhNguyen on Fri, 24/03/06 - 4:42 AM Permalink

Hi Souri,

Thanks for placing this message on the main page. A number of talented artists have contacted me and we are in the process of collaborating together.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/03/06 - 5:05 AM Permalink

Hey, good stuff [:)]

Submitted by bonnettjoshua on Mon, 24/04/06 - 11:06 PM Permalink

Hi Binh,
I'm a sound designer/ composer living in Canberra. I'd love to know if you need any music or sound. I'm happy to talk about what you might me thinking of audiowise. Nothing's impossible.
Cheers Josh

Forum

Hi everyone,

This is an invitation for artists to join a strong development team. The game details are as follows.

(Souri, would you be able to tell me where else I may post this message to gain a little more exposure, please?)

ABOUT THE SETTING

Edge of Madness is set in the here and now. It is about the experiences of ordinary men and women who have had their eyes opened to the darkness in this world. Connected by the Network they are provided with information and what funds that can be spared. Your role is to lead small teams of these individuals in hiding and in battle, learn what you can and stay alive.

The atmosphere is one of fear and desperation that borders on film noir. They are alone in facing the sinister truths that hide behind a facade of normality with few resources and fewer allies. What they do have is a growing understanding of the forces they face.

ABOUT THE GAME PLAY

Edge of Madness is a turn based tactical strategy held together by a dynamic global strategic campaign. The focus is on combat at a personal level and resource management at an organisational level. The world is 3d with realistic projectile and environmental damage.

ABOUT THE TEAM

The current team is made up of a core team of members and a number of contributors. The team members are dedicated honours year students with strong programming skills. All have had experience completing game projects and industrial projects.

ABOUT THE PROJECT

This project is intended to be a highly polished demo showcase our skills. The project completion date is 29th May 2006. It has been in design for two weeks. The project has a robust game engine, a focused design and a committed, experience team.

This is a short term project - approximately 12 weeks. A full game will be ready at the completion of this period of time. The quality of the game will be subject to contributions and team efficiency. The end product will fairly acknowledge all input and will be seen by many professional members of the game industry as well as other professionals.

WHY YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED

# This project is an opportunity for you to display your work in real time in a game environment.
# This project has a rapid turn around time so you can see the results of your work right away.
# You will have the opportunity to gain exposure from the final game produced.
# You get to contribute high quality artwork for a complete game project.
# Being a turn based game people will have the time and opportunity to view your work as opposed to a real time game where there is little time to stop and appreciate the details.

WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Graphic and sound artists
* Ability to work with a schedule
* Mature attitude and a willingness to work as a team
* Ability to tailor work to achieve a consistent art direction

TO EXPRESS INTEREST
* Please go to the following forum, and create a new thread to introduce yourselves and if possible display some of your work. http://homepage.cs.latrobe.edu.au/eharradine/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
* Or email me at tb_nguyen(at)hotmail(dot)com

DEADLINE
* Ideally in two weeks time, Tuesday 28th March 2006. We are moving at a very quick schedule.

NOTES
* Any work you produce will remain your property and you have the right to distribute the game freely. We simply ask that we have the right to distribute the game freely as well.

-Binh

Submitted by BinhNguyen on Wed, 15/03/06 - 10:59 PM Permalink

Thanks Souri,

I have submitted to the news page.

-Binh

Submitted by BinhNguyen on Fri, 24/03/06 - 4:42 AM Permalink

Hi Souri,

Thanks for placing this message on the main page. A number of talented artists have contacted me and we are in the process of collaborating together.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/03/06 - 5:05 AM Permalink

Hey, good stuff [:)]

Submitted by bonnettjoshua on Mon, 24/04/06 - 11:06 PM Permalink

Hi Binh,
I'm a sound designer/ composer living in Canberra. I'd love to know if you need any music or sound. I'm happy to talk about what you might me thinking of audiowise. Nothing's impossible.
Cheers Josh