Skip to main content

Opensite & IAMAPP

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

Recently my PC has experianced a fair bit of slowing down, everything takes a lot longer to load. When i go to the task manager under performance the CPU is almost always on 100%. Under Processes, their are to app, opensite.exe and IAMAPP which alternate between each other at a CPU usage of 100%/ Plz help

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 15/06/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

opensite.exe, could be some sort of spyware / adware, grab Lavasoft's Ad-Aware program, update it to the latest info, and scan away...

www.lavasoftusa.com I believe, don't go to any other site to get it because it might be a spyware version etc.

you could also kill that process if you wanted to, although if its a well crafted spyware then you'd have a hard time to get rid of it.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 15/06/04 - 3:14 AM Permalink

beware, add adware can scan things that may not actually be adware, so dont just go deleting away

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 15/06/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Also, when your computer is loading up, press Ctrl, Alt, Del when your desktop is loading up, you most likely see dogy programs loading, in which, msconfig in the run, unlike the programs that you don't want to start up, like quick time player, and so forth. Also, ad ware is lett, I got it, fround around 250 spyware crap.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 15/06/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

No probs, i found the problem. It was Noton Internet Security was causing severe lag (IAMAPP is a norton process) and the opensite was adware which i just deleted, now it's all good. Thnx for help anywayz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 15/06/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

oh another thing, if your finding little weird things like that running, sometimes its an idea to whack the name into google, if its spyware or something chances are youll find out

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 15/06/04 - 5:55 PM Permalink

Yeah tha's what i did, good old google is always helpful.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

Recently my PC has experianced a fair bit of slowing down, everything takes a lot longer to load. When i go to the task manager under performance the CPU is almost always on 100%. Under Processes, their are to app, opensite.exe and IAMAPP which alternate between each other at a CPU usage of 100%/ Plz help

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 15/06/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

opensite.exe, could be some sort of spyware / adware, grab Lavasoft's Ad-Aware program, update it to the latest info, and scan away...

www.lavasoftusa.com I believe, don't go to any other site to get it because it might be a spyware version etc.

you could also kill that process if you wanted to, although if its a well crafted spyware then you'd have a hard time to get rid of it.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 15/06/04 - 3:14 AM Permalink

beware, add adware can scan things that may not actually be adware, so dont just go deleting away

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 15/06/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Also, when your computer is loading up, press Ctrl, Alt, Del when your desktop is loading up, you most likely see dogy programs loading, in which, msconfig in the run, unlike the programs that you don't want to start up, like quick time player, and so forth. Also, ad ware is lett, I got it, fround around 250 spyware crap.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 15/06/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

No probs, i found the problem. It was Noton Internet Security was causing severe lag (IAMAPP is a norton process) and the opensite was adware which i just deleted, now it's all good. Thnx for help anywayz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 15/06/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

oh another thing, if your finding little weird things like that running, sometimes its an idea to whack the name into google, if its spyware or something chances are youll find out

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 15/06/04 - 5:55 PM Permalink

Yeah tha's what i did, good old google is always helpful.