Skip to main content

Terminator 3

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Looks like 2003 will be the year for some good movies.. Terminator 3 is definately one I'm looking forward to.. http://www.terminator3.com/main.html had some interesting facts on the movie and pictures too, but now you have to log in.. I did manage to save some of the pics... here's a few of the Terminator 1-8, or 105 model... some of the pictures from the movie look pretty good, and they're definately making an effort with this one..

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/t32.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/t33.jpg[/img][img]http://www.sumea…]

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Wed, 13/11/02 - 11:38 PM Permalink

Is it set before the bits of the future you see in the last 2 movies?
Cause that terminator looks poor.

Bloody hell its a giant harmonica!

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 14/11/02 - 12:43 AM Permalink

Thats not a pic of the actual terminator that gets sent back in time, the new terminator is a female, I think she can take control of other machines

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 14/11/02 - 2:49 PM Permalink

quote:Is it set before the bits of the future you see in the last 2 movies?

I'm guessing it is set at present time when that Terminator 105 (or 1-8 as seen in aome of the pictures) is created. Obviously it looks poor as it's an early model, compared to Arnie's T-800, or Robert Patrick's T-1000..
And now that you mentioned it, it does look similar to Number 5 from Short Circuit [:)]

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Thu, 14/11/02 - 10:26 PM Permalink

SIck sick sick ... sick sick....... ..... . sick!!! Mega sick. Whens it coming out????? ... .. .SICK!

100% chance of PAIN, in the GLAVEN

Submitted by Brain on Fri, 15/11/02 - 12:39 AM Permalink

Oh sure, you might say it looks poor, but you wouldn't be complaining if you had one in your bedroom. @;-D

Chris Bowden
http://brain.gamekey.com/

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:35 PM Permalink

I might complain. Still, i've been waiting for this movie for a while. Any leaks on the actors that are going to be in it.!>??

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:42 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Obsolete_386

I might complain. Still, i've been waiting for this movie for a while. Any leaks on the actors that are going to be in it.!>??

Arnie, of course. Edward Furlong however is not reprising his role of John Connor. At one stage, Vin Diesel was supposed to be in there. Im not sure if that's still the case. Arnie, Vin and the Chick = 3 Terminators = T3.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Vin Diesal isn't in the movie, and Edward Furlong (the young John Connor from Terminator 2) isn't it in either - he's had a bad drug addiction/in rehab at the time, so that role is taken by Nick Stahl (do a google search on that actor).. Claire Danes is in it also, as John Connors girlfriend (you might know her from Romeo + Juliet).. The movie is expected to be released on July 2, 2003..
Edward Furlong seems to be doing much better now though. His name's been linked to "The Crow 4"..

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Tue, 26/11/02 - 7:24 AM Permalink

What about sarah?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 26/11/02 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Sarah (Linda Hamilton) is in the movie, but only in flashbacks. They haven't filmed new parts for her... just reusing old footage from Terminator 2 or 1 I think..

Submitted by lava monkey on Fri, 20/12/02 - 11:22 AM Permalink

to get some good news on it, even the basics of the script and some shots from the set that there not ment to have u should check out
www.scifiplanet.net

from what i remember its set before the war, john o conner is a hacker, sarah isn't in it, and the new terminator is a electronic matrix.
The script looked kinda shit.. but james cameron can make anything look good.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 21/12/02 - 2:14 AM Permalink

Unfortunately James Cameron isn't involved at all with this one. [:)]

Submitted by DG Music on Sun, 22/12/02 - 6:47 AM Permalink

I certainly hope this movie lives up to the previous two movies. the trailer was impressive in some parts and dirt poor in others.

Hopefully the CG in it will be better in the final movie, still at least 6 months to go so that's very possible. Another thing was Arnie didn't sound like he does in the previous movies, mebbe cuz he's a new model? i dunno. as for the "she'll be back" they coulda thought of something a TAD more original.

what i did like though was Kristinna Loken as T-X, she's got the same look as Robert Patrick in T2. Arnie shows he's still good for action movies by being used as a wrecking ball for half the trailer and the future battle scene looked wicked aswell, hope we get to see quite a bit of post apocayptic earth.

All round the trailer did what it was meant for though, i now wanna see T3!!!

Submitted by souri on Mon, 23/12/02 - 10:27 AM Permalink

I thought the 'She'll be back' bit was so funny.. and not in a good way [:)] Sounds too corny.. Terminator 2 is well known for some real dodgy one-liners, so I hope T3 doesn't go too overboard with that.. I've visited some sites that captured screen still shots from the trailer, and there are a few elements similar to T2... terminator in a helicopter, getting chased on a motorbike.. I hope the story won't be a carbon copy of T2...

Posted by souri on
Forum

Looks like 2003 will be the year for some good movies.. Terminator 3 is definately one I'm looking forward to.. http://www.terminator3.com/main.html had some interesting facts on the movie and pictures too, but now you have to log in.. I did manage to save some of the pics... here's a few of the Terminator 1-8, or 105 model... some of the pictures from the movie look pretty good, and they're definately making an effort with this one..

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/t32.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/t33.jpg[/img][img]http://www.sumea…]

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Wed, 13/11/02 - 11:38 PM Permalink

Is it set before the bits of the future you see in the last 2 movies?

Bloody hell its a giant harmonica!

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 14/11/02 - 12:43 AM Permalink

Thats not a pic of the actual terminator that gets sent back in time, the new terminator is a female, I think she can take control of other machines

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 14/11/02 - 2:49 PM Permalink

quote:Is it set before the bits of the future you see in the last 2 movies?

I'm guessing it is set at present time when that Terminator 105 (or 1-8 as seen in aome of the pictures) is created. Obviously it looks poor as it's an early model, compared to Arnie's T-800, or Robert Patrick's T-1000..
And now that you mentioned it, it does look similar to Number 5 from Short Circuit [:)]

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Thu, 14/11/02 - 10:26 PM Permalink

SIck sick sick ... sick sick....... ..... . sick!!! Mega sick. Whens it coming out????? ... .. .SICK!

Submitted by Brain on Fri, 15/11/02 - 12:39 AM Permalink

Oh sure, you might say it looks poor, but you wouldn't be complaining if you had one in your bedroom. @;-D

Chris Bowden
http://brain.gamekey.com/

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:35 PM Permalink

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:42 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Obsolete_386

Arnie, of course. Edward Furlong however is not reprising his role of John Connor. At one stage, Vin Diesel was supposed to be in there. Im not sure if that's still the case. Arnie, Vin and the Chick = 3 Terminators = T3.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 19/11/02 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Vin Diesal isn't in the movie, and Edward Furlong (the young John Connor from Terminator 2) isn't it in either - he's had a bad drug addiction/in rehab at the time, so that role is taken by Nick Stahl (do a google search on that actor).. Claire Danes is in it also, as John Connors girlfriend (you might know her from Romeo + Juliet).. The movie is expected to be released on July 2, 2003..
Edward Furlong seems to be doing much better now though. His name's been linked to "The Crow 4"..

Submitted by Obsolete 386 on Tue, 26/11/02 - 7:24 AM Permalink

What about sarah?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 26/11/02 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Sarah (Linda Hamilton) is in the movie, but only in flashbacks. They haven't filmed new parts for her... just reusing old footage from Terminator 2 or 1 I think..

Submitted by lava monkey on Fri, 20/12/02 - 11:22 AM Permalink

to get some good news on it, even the basics of the script and some shots from the set that there not ment to have u should check out
www.scifiplanet.net

from what i remember its set before the war, john o conner is a hacker, sarah isn't in it, and the new terminator is a electronic matrix.
The script looked kinda shit.. but james cameron can make anything look good.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 21/12/02 - 2:14 AM Permalink

Unfortunately James Cameron isn't involved at all with this one. [:)]

Submitted by DG Music on Sun, 22/12/02 - 6:47 AM Permalink

I certainly hope this movie lives up to the previous two movies. the trailer was impressive in some parts and dirt poor in others.

Hopefully the CG in it will be better in the final movie, still at least 6 months to go so that's very possible. Another thing was Arnie didn't sound like he does in the previous movies, mebbe cuz he's a new model? i dunno. as for the "she'll be back" they coulda thought of something a TAD more original.

what i did like though was Kristinna Loken as T-X, she's got the same look as Robert Patrick in T2. Arnie shows he's still good for action movies by being used as a wrecking ball for half the trailer and the future battle scene looked wicked aswell, hope we get to see quite a bit of post apocayptic earth.

All round the trailer did what it was meant for though, i now wanna see T3!!!

Submitted by souri on Mon, 23/12/02 - 10:27 AM Permalink

I thought the 'She'll be back' bit was so funny.. and not in a good way [:)] Sounds too corny.. Terminator 2 is well known for some real dodgy one-liners, so I hope T3 doesn't go too overboard with that.. I've visited some sites that captured screen still shots from the trailer, and there are a few elements similar to T2... terminator in a helicopter, getting chased on a motorbike.. I hope the story won't be a carbon copy of T2...