Skip to main content

Nintendo DS or PSP?

Submitted by Octane on
Forum

Which one has you the most excited?
(Theres no polls here is there?, which is probly a good thing)

For me it would probly be the PSP, but i like the idea of the DS touch screen

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sat, 12/02/05 - 7:30 AM Permalink

The DS is much more exciting than the PSP, not only does it have the extensive library of the old GB games but more is to come into their new DS range. The two screens sounds to be really awesome and the touchsreen + wireless netowrking just makes it sound better in gameplay than the PSP in my oppinion.
Though the PSP may look better, I probably wouldn't really use it as a portable device because of its estimated short battery life. I hope the loading screens don't takes ages! :)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/02/05 - 12:59 PM Permalink

I've seen some really innovative games on the Nintendo DS with the stylus pen, but damn, the screen on the PSP looks awesome. I probably won't be buying either handheld (broke), but I wouldn't mind having a PSP [:D]. If I had one, I'd put some of my favourite movies on it so I could watch it in bed and go to sleep. [:D] As far as games go, I'm sure there'll be much more fun games on the DS, and just the same old games on the PSP.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 12/02/05 - 9:41 PM Permalink

Tough call. The DS looks great and very innovative with the stylus. However personally I?m not a fan of the style of games the big N tends to make.

The PSP, while not particularly innovative, seems very well designed. I got to hold an import recently (not play it though) and it really does look awesome. The screen is massive, and shape of the unit fits perfectly into my man sized hands, and it has a general feeling of being very well designed. I?ve read that they are very tough, and that the battery life and loading times aren?t real problems. I also love the multimedia functions ? it could easily become the new ipod as the must have mobile multimedia thingy ? as well as games, you can play music and movies and view image files (so you can show people your photo?s or paintings and renders). Plus I think Sony has a pretty good list of developers making games for their hardware, so I think there is a good chance they will kill the competition in terms of game range. The games on release don?t look anything special (but that?s the same with the DS I think), but there are plenty of cool titles to come, including Grand Turismo portable and a Metal Gear solid game.

Of course, I am a bit of a Sony fan boy I suppose?

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 13/02/05 - 6:08 AM Permalink

i want a DS, the touch screen does it for me. as far as i'm concerned the PSP is just the standard tech upgrade, the DS actually7 does something new with the medium, and will result in new games. in fact it will force them. the PSP will suffer from a lot of PS1 and 2 ports as it will be cheep and profitable for developers to port old games over (though it will surely get a lot of original titles as well). the DS however, with two screens and a touch-sensative interface will force developers to make new games, or any games that are ported over will have to be redesigned to differening extents to accomodate.

i like the two screens, though this isnt too much of an advantage as the PSP screen is just short of twice the size of one DS screen, so it's pretty much the same realestate.

a lot of people will find playing movies on the PSP is pretty cool i guess. not me though, even if the DS could do it it wouldn't interest me all that much. small screen and all, reduces the effect. so movie playing isnt a deciding factor in my choice. also you cant watch any movies on the PSP - you have to buy them on the special PSP disks. so if you want one for home and one for the road you'll need to shell out for two copies, which is going to put some people of that feature i think. prehaps not all that much, but i think it will effect some people. i certainly wouldnt want to re-purchase all my favorite movies just so i can watch them on a different system.

guess a bit of my nintendo fan boyism from when i was a kid is comming though in my choice as well, but if the DS was no more than an tech upgrade to the GBA, then i would probably consider the PSP more due to it's extra features (even though i may not use them all that often).

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 13/02/05 - 11:43 AM Permalink

Livewire - true about the Sony ports. [^]

quote:you have to buy movies on the special PSP disks. so if you want one for home and one for the road you'll need to shell out for two copies

No need to buy a second copy of all your DVD?s, you can simply download them from your PC via the PSP?s USB port (or WiFi?) onto the memory stick and watch 16:9 movies in stereo on the go. I imagine the mpeg feature wouldn?t get used to often, but it would be cool for the odd occasion when your mobile and don?t feel like playing games or listening to music or browsing your image library?

-Or instead of movies, you could store your latest animations to show your friends!

I think I?ve just talked myself into getting a PSP [:P]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 13/02/05 - 9:40 PM Permalink

Do people know the release and pricing details for both of these gadgets, for those of us who havent been keeping themselves up to date?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 13/02/05 - 11:45 PM Permalink

I think the DS is out on the 24th at about $199 with games being about the same price range as GBA titles, but Ive had mine for a few weeks already wheeee. As for the PSP I know nothing (late March-esk? I think)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Delmo on Mon, 14/02/05 - 12:53 AM Permalink

I havn't played the DS yet, but I've played the PSP and it's awesome. The PSP is Definitely more exciting for me.

Submitted by AVataRR on Tue, 15/02/05 - 7:27 AM Permalink

PSP's fundamental flaw is that it uses an optical drive; hence moving parts. I don't have any solid data at hand but I'll assume it's going to be a huge drain on that little battery. I have a feeling a PSP will spend more time at home than a DS. Which is a bit of a shame, since the point of having handhelds is so you can bring them along when you go out of the house.

Furthermore, the PSP looks like it's just going to be another GameBoy clone. DS has two screens, a touch screen, a stylus, a microphone, AHHHHH! It'll be nice to have something new to play.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 15/02/05 - 7:30 AM Permalink

I really think they aren't so comparable... I'll be getting both systems. But I guess the DS excited me enough to import one :)

Games like "Feel the Magic" and "Wario Ware Touched!" are totaly unique to the DS, and will only be on the DS. I couldn't imagine not having them. In that regard the DS is very exciting; the PSP is going to end up with alot of ports and/or sequals that are going to be very similar to their ps2(/xbox) counterparts (If I have an xbox and ps2, why would I want to play these games on a small screen?). That doesn't mean they're going to bad games, but they aren't going to be anywhere near as special and unique as some of the DS games.

The PSP, however, has the ability to play music and videos on a nicely sized screen...

Submitted by souri on Tue, 15/02/05 - 12:06 PM Permalink

I bet Redwyre bought an NGage. [:D]

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 15/02/05 - 12:22 PM Permalink

A master was explaining the nature of Tao of to one of his novices. "The Tao is embodied in all handhelds - regardless of how insignificant," said the master. "It is especially strong in the Gameboy".
"Is the Tao in a DS?" asked the novice.
"It is," came the reply.
"Is the Tao in a PSP?" continued the novice.
"It is even in a PSP," said the master.
"And is the Tao in the NGage?"
The master coughed and shifted his position slightly. "The lesson is over for today," he said.

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 17/02/05 - 2:03 AM Permalink

The ability to just close the DS and have it sleep is a killer feature IMO. I catch two busses to work, so while waiting for a bus I can open it up and play, and when I see the bus just shut it and put it in my bag. And my DS has already taken a bit of a beating, I don't think the PSP's screen would have survived without a case...

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 17/02/05 - 7:05 AM Permalink

I'd love to get a DS, purely for Wario Touched. I'm still yet to play WarioWare on GBA, but I was insanely addicted to the Flash version Nintendo had up for a promo competition (ended up getting a t-shirt @:-)

So if I get a DS, I'll be buying both games with it.

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 17/02/05 - 9:40 AM Permalink

I'm for the DS.. friend of mine has had one for a couple of months now (import) and I have played Mario 64.. which is way cool... you can control Mario either with the D- pad or using your thumb on the touch screen.. The Mini games that come with Mario are even cooler.. one has you drawing mini trampolines with the stylus between two buildings as Marios throw themselves off the top.. you have to angle your strokes and bounce the little dudes into doors on either side.. Another involves rolling a snowball down a hill using the stylus.. These games are seriously addictive.. Another cool feature of the DS is that multiplayer can occur with only one game.. the DS will transmit the game to the other connected DS's and bam.. youre all playin.. The DS I think is going to open up a whole new door of gaming.. Yay for Nintendo!

Submitted by 0xBaaDf00d on Tue, 01/03/05 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Yes, and i played wario, and that second bought myself the DS, Good damn. The Game Play Potential, os just going to be astounding. I think this stylus interface, will make or break games. On the DS. You wait and see.

Wario Ware touched rocks. And Mario64ds is cool too.. :D

0xBaaDf00d

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 01/03/05 - 10:33 AM Permalink

Warioware == awesomely insane.
I'm wondering if I should get Mario64DS....

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 02/03/05 - 4:28 AM Permalink

I got SM64DS with the machine, the minigames on it are probably cooler than the game itself (even though the game is pretty cool). Yoshi Touch & Go looks really interesting as well.

The second I find a homebrew devkit for the thing, I've got a few ideas I want to try out.

Submitted by Major Clod on Fri, 04/03/05 - 2:44 AM Permalink

A mate just bought his DS to work, played Mario64DS and Metroid Prime, man that touch screen is fun to use! Playing with the stylus is fun, but playing with my thumb on the touch screen was even better. Can't wait to see some great games come out for this baby!

Submitted by Tall Nick on Tue, 15/03/05 - 8:42 AM Permalink

Ah the age old question Sony or Nintendo?
I can see that there are allot of DS fans here, all in favor because of the 'potent ional' for the DS.
A few points have come out of the current posts, a big one being that because of a touch screen "new and better games will emerge".
Not many publishers like taking the risk of investing money into a game that has never been done before, this is why (for the western market at least) why the same games keep coming out with new graphics and a new button the makes character X blink.
This is why games like Quake, unreal and doom haven't had major groundbreaking changes between each release.
You don't have to look far to see that people can't wait to see the next unreal, all because it features newer graphics.

I was excited about the DS with its touch screen, that was until it came out. Where are the games?
In previous replies there are comments that all PSP will offer is the same games with better visuals, well I?d hate to break it to you but all games out for DS are the same games with less visuals (e.g., check out the screens of ridge racer on the DS and PSP).
I hear some people saying "wait that?s not true, what about the mini games?" true the mini games are exclusive to DS, but I get no more enjoyment playing Wario ware on the DS than I did on the GBA.

On the other hand looking at the launch list for the PSP, the games are just as appealing (if not more) and equally as innovative as the titles on launch for the DS. When asked about the lack of graphics on the DS Nintendo commented "The DS isn't about creating better graphics, it's about giving developers the tools to be creative"
A problem with this is that graphics inspires innovation, Nintendo are taking two steps forward and one step back. Do you think that great games like Grand theft auto, and Battlefield would exist if companies added an extra button to each upgrade instead of better graphics?

The question of which is better one or the other cannot be answered as its all personal preference. I think the attitude of Nintendo has caused it demise over the years, the lack of publicity, the strict guidelines upon developing a game for them, and this is how it?s done - this is how it will always be done frame of mind.
Then again I'm not a kid anymore and maybe THATS why the DS doesn't appeal to me?

I'll still be getting both, Hey I can afford it why deny myself a few hours of fun, and I?m just worried that after the release of the PSP my DS will become a paper weight.

Submitted by Zaph on Tue, 15/03/05 - 7:40 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Tall_Nick

One of the interesting things that has happened around our office (where there are more than one of each of the DS and PSP)

The general reaction of people seems to be:

PSP: "Wow - come and look at this, looks incredible"
DS: "Wow - come and play this, can I have a turn ?"

Which makes me think (at this stage) that the DS has the advantage!

and yes, I'll probably end up with both :-)

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 17/03/05 - 3:01 AM Permalink

I'm sorry Nintendo, but Sony has converted me. I mean, how can I possibly pass up on the PSP when it's a fasion icon?

[url]http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php[/url]

"- To kick off next week's North American launch of PSP, what Sony describes as "an extraordinary collection of fashion's biggest talents and rising stars" gathered for a special fashion show called 'Pret a PSP'. Designers included Marc Jacobs, Diane von Furstenberg, Jennifer Lopez, and Baby Phat By Kimora Lee Simmons, as "top designers created custom-designed accessories inspired by PSP and its innovative design including a pure gold case encrusted with seven carats of yellow and black diamonds by Baby Phat by Kimora Lee Simmons." In addition, the LA fashion show apparently saw Jason Bateman, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and Nicky Hilton picking up their PSPs before they hit shelves on March 24, in another example of game creators courting Hollywood to gain cachet for a product launch."

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/LiveWire/2005316018_psp.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 17/03/05 - 8:32 AM Permalink

What?? Celebs are playing PSP.....then it MUST be good, I better go get one!!!112

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 18/03/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

sonys reach into the entertainment industry knows no bounds, also no point...
score for the celebs though, theyre getting paid to buy a product they can (im assuming) keep, now if only i could get paid to do my shopping :P

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 22/04/05 - 9:02 AM Permalink

Knowing what kind of games will be on the psp, i'd be better off just using my pc.
A DS on the other hand will have some interesting new kinds of games i think...
my choice in this matter should be obvious

Posted by Octane on
Forum

Which one has you the most excited?
(Theres no polls here is there?, which is probly a good thing)

For me it would probly be the PSP, but i like the idea of the DS touch screen

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sat, 12/02/05 - 7:30 AM Permalink

The DS is much more exciting than the PSP, not only does it have the extensive library of the old GB games but more is to come into their new DS range. The two screens sounds to be really awesome and the touchsreen + wireless netowrking just makes it sound better in gameplay than the PSP in my oppinion.
Though the PSP may look better, I probably wouldn't really use it as a portable device because of its estimated short battery life. I hope the loading screens don't takes ages! :)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/02/05 - 12:59 PM Permalink

I've seen some really innovative games on the Nintendo DS with the stylus pen, but damn, the screen on the PSP looks awesome. I probably won't be buying either handheld (broke), but I wouldn't mind having a PSP [:D]. If I had one, I'd put some of my favourite movies on it so I could watch it in bed and go to sleep. [:D] As far as games go, I'm sure there'll be much more fun games on the DS, and just the same old games on the PSP.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 12/02/05 - 9:41 PM Permalink

Tough call. The DS looks great and very innovative with the stylus. However personally I?m not a fan of the style of games the big N tends to make.

The PSP, while not particularly innovative, seems very well designed. I got to hold an import recently (not play it though) and it really does look awesome. The screen is massive, and shape of the unit fits perfectly into my man sized hands, and it has a general feeling of being very well designed. I?ve read that they are very tough, and that the battery life and loading times aren?t real problems. I also love the multimedia functions ? it could easily become the new ipod as the must have mobile multimedia thingy ? as well as games, you can play music and movies and view image files (so you can show people your photo?s or paintings and renders). Plus I think Sony has a pretty good list of developers making games for their hardware, so I think there is a good chance they will kill the competition in terms of game range. The games on release don?t look anything special (but that?s the same with the DS I think), but there are plenty of cool titles to come, including Grand Turismo portable and a Metal Gear solid game.

Of course, I am a bit of a Sony fan boy I suppose?

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 13/02/05 - 6:08 AM Permalink

i want a DS, the touch screen does it for me. as far as i'm concerned the PSP is just the standard tech upgrade, the DS actually7 does something new with the medium, and will result in new games. in fact it will force them. the PSP will suffer from a lot of PS1 and 2 ports as it will be cheep and profitable for developers to port old games over (though it will surely get a lot of original titles as well). the DS however, with two screens and a touch-sensative interface will force developers to make new games, or any games that are ported over will have to be redesigned to differening extents to accomodate.

i like the two screens, though this isnt too much of an advantage as the PSP screen is just short of twice the size of one DS screen, so it's pretty much the same realestate.

a lot of people will find playing movies on the PSP is pretty cool i guess. not me though, even if the DS could do it it wouldn't interest me all that much. small screen and all, reduces the effect. so movie playing isnt a deciding factor in my choice. also you cant watch any movies on the PSP - you have to buy them on the special PSP disks. so if you want one for home and one for the road you'll need to shell out for two copies, which is going to put some people of that feature i think. prehaps not all that much, but i think it will effect some people. i certainly wouldnt want to re-purchase all my favorite movies just so i can watch them on a different system.

guess a bit of my nintendo fan boyism from when i was a kid is comming though in my choice as well, but if the DS was no more than an tech upgrade to the GBA, then i would probably consider the PSP more due to it's extra features (even though i may not use them all that often).

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 13/02/05 - 11:43 AM Permalink

Livewire - true about the Sony ports. [^]

quote:you have to buy movies on the special PSP disks. so if you want one for home and one for the road you'll need to shell out for two copies

No need to buy a second copy of all your DVD?s, you can simply download them from your PC via the PSP?s USB port (or WiFi?) onto the memory stick and watch 16:9 movies in stereo on the go. I imagine the mpeg feature wouldn?t get used to often, but it would be cool for the odd occasion when your mobile and don?t feel like playing games or listening to music or browsing your image library?

-Or instead of movies, you could store your latest animations to show your friends!

I think I?ve just talked myself into getting a PSP [:P]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 13/02/05 - 9:40 PM Permalink

Do people know the release and pricing details for both of these gadgets, for those of us who havent been keeping themselves up to date?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 13/02/05 - 11:45 PM Permalink

I think the DS is out on the 24th at about $199 with games being about the same price range as GBA titles, but Ive had mine for a few weeks already wheeee. As for the PSP I know nothing (late March-esk? I think)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Delmo on Mon, 14/02/05 - 12:53 AM Permalink

I havn't played the DS yet, but I've played the PSP and it's awesome. The PSP is Definitely more exciting for me.

Submitted by AVataRR on Tue, 15/02/05 - 7:27 AM Permalink

PSP's fundamental flaw is that it uses an optical drive; hence moving parts. I don't have any solid data at hand but I'll assume it's going to be a huge drain on that little battery. I have a feeling a PSP will spend more time at home than a DS. Which is a bit of a shame, since the point of having handhelds is so you can bring them along when you go out of the house.

Furthermore, the PSP looks like it's just going to be another GameBoy clone. DS has two screens, a touch screen, a stylus, a microphone, AHHHHH! It'll be nice to have something new to play.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 15/02/05 - 7:30 AM Permalink

I really think they aren't so comparable... I'll be getting both systems. But I guess the DS excited me enough to import one :)

Games like "Feel the Magic" and "Wario Ware Touched!" are totaly unique to the DS, and will only be on the DS. I couldn't imagine not having them. In that regard the DS is very exciting; the PSP is going to end up with alot of ports and/or sequals that are going to be very similar to their ps2(/xbox) counterparts (If I have an xbox and ps2, why would I want to play these games on a small screen?). That doesn't mean they're going to bad games, but they aren't going to be anywhere near as special and unique as some of the DS games.

The PSP, however, has the ability to play music and videos on a nicely sized screen...

Submitted by souri on Tue, 15/02/05 - 12:06 PM Permalink

I bet Redwyre bought an NGage. [:D]

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 15/02/05 - 12:22 PM Permalink

A master was explaining the nature of Tao of to one of his novices. "The Tao is embodied in all handhelds - regardless of how insignificant," said the master. "It is especially strong in the Gameboy".
"Is the Tao in a DS?" asked the novice.
"It is," came the reply.
"Is the Tao in a PSP?" continued the novice.
"It is even in a PSP," said the master.
"And is the Tao in the NGage?"
The master coughed and shifted his position slightly. "The lesson is over for today," he said.

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 17/02/05 - 2:03 AM Permalink

The ability to just close the DS and have it sleep is a killer feature IMO. I catch two busses to work, so while waiting for a bus I can open it up and play, and when I see the bus just shut it and put it in my bag. And my DS has already taken a bit of a beating, I don't think the PSP's screen would have survived without a case...

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 17/02/05 - 7:05 AM Permalink

I'd love to get a DS, purely for Wario Touched. I'm still yet to play WarioWare on GBA, but I was insanely addicted to the Flash version Nintendo had up for a promo competition (ended up getting a t-shirt @:-)

So if I get a DS, I'll be buying both games with it.

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 17/02/05 - 9:40 AM Permalink

I'm for the DS.. friend of mine has had one for a couple of months now (import) and I have played Mario 64.. which is way cool... you can control Mario either with the D- pad or using your thumb on the touch screen.. The Mini games that come with Mario are even cooler.. one has you drawing mini trampolines with the stylus between two buildings as Marios throw themselves off the top.. you have to angle your strokes and bounce the little dudes into doors on either side.. Another involves rolling a snowball down a hill using the stylus.. These games are seriously addictive.. Another cool feature of the DS is that multiplayer can occur with only one game.. the DS will transmit the game to the other connected DS's and bam.. youre all playin.. The DS I think is going to open up a whole new door of gaming.. Yay for Nintendo!

Submitted by 0xBaaDf00d on Tue, 01/03/05 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Yes, and i played wario, and that second bought myself the DS, Good damn. The Game Play Potential, os just going to be astounding. I think this stylus interface, will make or break games. On the DS. You wait and see.

Wario Ware touched rocks. And Mario64ds is cool too.. :D

0xBaaDf00d

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 01/03/05 - 10:33 AM Permalink

Warioware == awesomely insane.
I'm wondering if I should get Mario64DS....

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 02/03/05 - 4:28 AM Permalink

I got SM64DS with the machine, the minigames on it are probably cooler than the game itself (even though the game is pretty cool). Yoshi Touch & Go looks really interesting as well.

The second I find a homebrew devkit for the thing, I've got a few ideas I want to try out.

Submitted by Major Clod on Fri, 04/03/05 - 2:44 AM Permalink

A mate just bought his DS to work, played Mario64DS and Metroid Prime, man that touch screen is fun to use! Playing with the stylus is fun, but playing with my thumb on the touch screen was even better. Can't wait to see some great games come out for this baby!

Submitted by Tall Nick on Tue, 15/03/05 - 8:42 AM Permalink

I can see that there are allot of DS fans here, all in favor because of the 'potent ional' for the DS.
A few points have come out of the current posts, a big one being that because of a touch screen "new and better games will emerge".
Not many publishers like taking the risk of investing money into a game that has never been done before, this is why (for the western market at least) why the same games keep coming out with new graphics and a new button the makes character X blink.
This is why games like Quake, unreal and doom haven't had major groundbreaking changes between each release.
You don't have to look far to see that people can't wait to see the next unreal, all because it features newer graphics.

I was excited about the DS with its touch screen, that was until it came out. Where are the games?
In previous replies there are comments that all PSP will offer is the same games with better visuals, well I?d hate to break it to you but all games out for DS are the same games with less visuals (e.g., check out the screens of ridge racer on the DS and PSP).
I hear some people saying "wait that?s not true, what about the mini games?" true the mini games are exclusive to DS, but I get no more enjoyment playing Wario ware on the DS than I did on the GBA.

On the other hand looking at the launch list for the PSP, the games are just as appealing (if not more) and equally as innovative as the titles on launch for the DS. When asked about the lack of graphics on the DS Nintendo commented "The DS isn't about creating better graphics, it's about giving developers the tools to be creative"
A problem with this is that graphics inspires innovation, Nintendo are taking two steps forward and one step back. Do you think that great games like Grand theft auto, and Battlefield would exist if companies added an extra button to each upgrade instead of better graphics?

The question of which is better one or the other cannot be answered as its all personal preference. I think the attitude of Nintendo has caused it demise over the years, the lack of publicity, the strict guidelines upon developing a game for them, and this is how it?s done - this is how it will always be done frame of mind.
Then again I'm not a kid anymore and maybe THATS why the DS doesn't appeal to me?

I'll still be getting both, Hey I can afford it why deny myself a few hours of fun, and I?m just worried that after the release of the PSP my DS will become a paper weight.

Submitted by Zaph on Tue, 15/03/05 - 7:40 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Tall_Nick

One of the interesting things that has happened around our office (where there are more than one of each of the DS and PSP)

The general reaction of people seems to be:

PSP: "Wow - come and look at this, looks incredible"
DS: "Wow - come and play this, can I have a turn ?"

Which makes me think (at this stage) that the DS has the advantage!

and yes, I'll probably end up with both :-)

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 17/03/05 - 3:01 AM Permalink

I'm sorry Nintendo, but Sony has converted me. I mean, how can I possibly pass up on the PSP when it's a fasion icon?

[url]http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php[/url]

"- To kick off next week's North American launch of PSP, what Sony describes as "an extraordinary collection of fashion's biggest talents and rising stars" gathered for a special fashion show called 'Pret a PSP'. Designers included Marc Jacobs, Diane von Furstenberg, Jennifer Lopez, and Baby Phat By Kimora Lee Simmons, as "top designers created custom-designed accessories inspired by PSP and its innovative design including a pure gold case encrusted with seven carats of yellow and black diamonds by Baby Phat by Kimora Lee Simmons." In addition, the LA fashion show apparently saw Jason Bateman, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and Nicky Hilton picking up their PSPs before they hit shelves on March 24, in another example of game creators courting Hollywood to gain cachet for a product launch."

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/LiveWire/2005316018_psp.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 17/03/05 - 8:32 AM Permalink

What?? Celebs are playing PSP.....then it MUST be good, I better go get one!!!112

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 18/03/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

sonys reach into the entertainment industry knows no bounds, also no point...
score for the celebs though, theyre getting paid to buy a product they can (im assuming) keep, now if only i could get paid to do my shopping :P

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 22/04/05 - 9:02 AM Permalink

Knowing what kind of games will be on the psp, i'd be better off just using my pc.
A DS on the other hand will have some interesting new kinds of games i think...
my choice in this matter should be obvious