Skip to main content

Some Concepts

Submitted by conundrum on

I posted this on the front page but i thought i'd put it here too.
Its just some stuff completed for the Environment and character of the week threads over at conceptart.

The first topic is "Winter Battlefield", which i got 1 vote for (out of 102 so far)

and the second is "WW2 North African Italian Infantry", which is yet to vote

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/1768_AL.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/1768_BL.jpg[/img]

Both were done in photoshop

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 11/12/05 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Nice!
I like the texture feel from the first one, good stuff. Maybe you could have done more to make it a battlefield though.
Soldier is looking good as well. Like the face, and nice lighting too though his left arm holding the gun looks a bit too small.

Submitted by bumskee on Mon, 12/12/05 - 9:45 PM Permalink

conundrum,

Nice entries, though I think the winter battlefield could use some more action, it's little boring, but nice mood. Quite like the ChOW entry, didn't know you were an aussie, hehe. But ChOW is so damn competitive. good on you for participating.

:) min

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 12/12/05 - 11:56 PM Permalink

thanks for the comment,

i didn't realise you were an aussie either, i was very close to voting for you in the ChOW this week, but i ended up going for FridayEve's[:)]

Submitted by bumskee on Tue, 13/12/05 - 11:12 PM Permalink

:) hehe my ChOW was a little rushed as usual. BUT this weeks looks very interesting, will you be particiapting in it? I have a feeling this weeks will be the most competitive round. Hopefully get to see your stuff there this week, cheers

Submitted by denz on Tue, 20/12/05 - 1:37 AM Permalink

nice goin connundrum.

That floating city thing is pretty mad.

Like the hell one to, bit freaky.

Submitted by bumskee on Tue, 20/12/05 - 5:02 AM Permalink

Really enjoyed your EOW conundrum, hope to see more soon, cheers

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 20/12/05 - 6:50 AM Permalink

heh, I though your description for your enviro was good :) And good job getting something done for that. With such a topic as "hell" I thought I would get something going but alas it was not the case.
The floating ciy and dude underneath are really nice.

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 24/12/05 - 4:43 AM Permalink

great style there, very painterly and well acheived.
maby add some details in the forgrounds of the landscapes to sure up the atmosphere overall.

-alti

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 25/12/05 - 1:37 AM Permalink

REally like the dusty street painting, youve managed to simplify the right values in it, acheiving alot with so few strokes. Good work :)

Posted by conundrum on

I posted this on the front page but i thought i'd put it here too.
Its just some stuff completed for the Environment and character of the week threads over at conceptart.

The first topic is "Winter Battlefield", which i got 1 vote for (out of 102 so far)

and the second is "WW2 North African Italian Infantry", which is yet to vote

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/1768_AL.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/1768_BL.jpg[/img]

Both were done in photoshop

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 11/12/05 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Nice!
I like the texture feel from the first one, good stuff. Maybe you could have done more to make it a battlefield though.
Soldier is looking good as well. Like the face, and nice lighting too though his left arm holding the gun looks a bit too small.

Submitted by bumskee on Mon, 12/12/05 - 9:45 PM Permalink

conundrum,

Nice entries, though I think the winter battlefield could use some more action, it's little boring, but nice mood. Quite like the ChOW entry, didn't know you were an aussie, hehe. But ChOW is so damn competitive. good on you for participating.

:) min

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 12/12/05 - 11:56 PM Permalink

thanks for the comment,

i didn't realise you were an aussie either, i was very close to voting for you in the ChOW this week, but i ended up going for FridayEve's[:)]

Submitted by bumskee on Tue, 13/12/05 - 11:12 PM Permalink

:) hehe my ChOW was a little rushed as usual. BUT this weeks looks very interesting, will you be particiapting in it? I have a feeling this weeks will be the most competitive round. Hopefully get to see your stuff there this week, cheers

Submitted by denz on Tue, 20/12/05 - 1:37 AM Permalink

nice goin connundrum.

That floating city thing is pretty mad.

Like the hell one to, bit freaky.

Submitted by bumskee on Tue, 20/12/05 - 5:02 AM Permalink

Really enjoyed your EOW conundrum, hope to see more soon, cheers

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 20/12/05 - 6:50 AM Permalink

heh, I though your description for your enviro was good :) And good job getting something done for that. With such a topic as "hell" I thought I would get something going but alas it was not the case.
The floating ciy and dude underneath are really nice.

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 24/12/05 - 4:43 AM Permalink

great style there, very painterly and well acheived.
maby add some details in the forgrounds of the landscapes to sure up the atmosphere overall.

-alti

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 25/12/05 - 1:37 AM Permalink

REally like the dusty street painting, youve managed to simplify the right values in it, acheiving alot with so few strokes. Good work :)