Skip to main content

Matrix Online Game

Submitted by Kane on
Forum

I was just flicking through the channels on Austar, and managed to catch the last few minutes of an interview with Hugo Weaving, Keanu Reeves, Jada Pinkett-Smith and a producer from the Matrix, Joel Silver I think it was...

the producer was asked if there was going to be any more Matrix films and the like, to which he replied no...but comics and others stuff would provide more stories from the Matrix universe...he also said that W brothers might be releasing an online Matrix game as early as next summer, or sometime around then...

has anybody else heard of this game? what are your thoughts on it?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/11/03 - 12:28 AM Permalink

I'm pretty sure that the other guy in the interview (the producer), would have been Joel Silver. He seems to be the translator for the brother, as you never seem to see them. Has anyone here actually seen them?

Yeah I heard of it a few months back in an issue of EDGE. I will try to find the issue and scan in the half page article (inc pics). They didn't actually have much info except for that it was about the Matrix, and it was online.

If it is done properly, then it would be great (like any game though :p), but I will remain dubious until I see a bit more. A lot of online games have been disapointing for me personally.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 11/11/03 - 12:47 AM Permalink

by 'online' do they mean MMO or just internet multiplayer?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:03 AM Permalink

MMO from what I can understand. I don't know whether you can pick to be an Agent or a Freedom Fighter and go from there or what. As I said, the article is very sparse with the details.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:05 AM Permalink

A trailer for it turned up here about a month or 2 ago, its MMO and looks ok, lots of cool wire-fu moves and bullet time.

Nice green lens filters, mmmmm...

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 11/11/03 - 2:15 AM Permalink

i have never played a MMO game, but being the Matrix and all I'm sure it will be a game worth playing for any Matrix fan

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:19 AM Permalink

As long as they do a better job on it than ETM. *shudders*

Submitted by tachyon on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:17 PM Permalink

I read somewhere, that the Matrix MMO is gonna somehow incorporate bullet-time. It would be interesting to see how they pull that off (or that i constantly mis-read things).

Submitted by Djenx on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Bullet time in a mmo could be done, but I would probably affect every one with in a certain area, which would be a pain if you?re just trying to walk by. I'm more interested to see how they could actual create an economy with in the matrix, considering that anything they need they can get from the loader program

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 02/12/03 - 4:16 AM Permalink

Anyone actaully seen what those Waskch.... brothers look like?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 02/12/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

i think they are really a figment of Joel Silver's imagination. Would explain why he is always blowing that much hot air up their arses that it isn't funny.

I have to admit that I would love to see them with my own eyes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 02/12/03 - 9:26 PM Permalink

ETM was shocking wasnt it, i was sucked in to buying it :'(

matrix online sounds like a lot of fun to me, apparently you can trade abilities with other players, maybee this is kinda your economy substitute

and they could do bullettime just how itd work in the real world (well if bullet time were true :P ), the person who's in bullet time appears to move very very very fast, why slow down the whole area and besides, if your batteling someone and you use bullet time and it effects them, what advantage did you just gain?

btw if youve seen the third movie (im trying not to give anything away but for those of you who would feel safer not hearing.. well dont read :P ) .......(youve been warned) there isnt going to be any agents

Submitted by tachyon on Wed, 03/12/03 - 5:17 AM Permalink

quote:and they could do bullettime just how itd work in the real world (well if bullet time were true :P ), the person who's in bullet time appears to move very very very fast

so if i'm in bullet time, i would see everything in slow motion, but i am actually moving really fast to everyone else?
that would mean the game would physically have to slow down time for me...[8]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 03/12/03 - 8:54 AM Permalink

apparently they make the end of bullet time really fast, so you like "catch up"

Posted by Kane on
Forum

I was just flicking through the channels on Austar, and managed to catch the last few minutes of an interview with Hugo Weaving, Keanu Reeves, Jada Pinkett-Smith and a producer from the Matrix, Joel Silver I think it was...

the producer was asked if there was going to be any more Matrix films and the like, to which he replied no...but comics and others stuff would provide more stories from the Matrix universe...he also said that W brothers might be releasing an online Matrix game as early as next summer, or sometime around then...

has anybody else heard of this game? what are your thoughts on it?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/11/03 - 12:28 AM Permalink

I'm pretty sure that the other guy in the interview (the producer), would have been Joel Silver. He seems to be the translator for the brother, as you never seem to see them. Has anyone here actually seen them?

Yeah I heard of it a few months back in an issue of EDGE. I will try to find the issue and scan in the half page article (inc pics). They didn't actually have much info except for that it was about the Matrix, and it was online.

If it is done properly, then it would be great (like any game though :p), but I will remain dubious until I see a bit more. A lot of online games have been disapointing for me personally.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 11/11/03 - 12:47 AM Permalink

by 'online' do they mean MMO or just internet multiplayer?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:03 AM Permalink

MMO from what I can understand. I don't know whether you can pick to be an Agent or a Freedom Fighter and go from there or what. As I said, the article is very sparse with the details.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:05 AM Permalink

A trailer for it turned up here about a month or 2 ago, its MMO and looks ok, lots of cool wire-fu moves and bullet time.

Nice green lens filters, mmmmm...

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 11/11/03 - 2:15 AM Permalink

i have never played a MMO game, but being the Matrix and all I'm sure it will be a game worth playing for any Matrix fan

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:19 AM Permalink

As long as they do a better job on it than ETM. *shudders*

Submitted by tachyon on Tue, 11/11/03 - 1:17 PM Permalink

I read somewhere, that the Matrix MMO is gonna somehow incorporate bullet-time. It would be interesting to see how they pull that off (or that i constantly mis-read things).

Submitted by Djenx on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Bullet time in a mmo could be done, but I would probably affect every one with in a certain area, which would be a pain if you?re just trying to walk by. I'm more interested to see how they could actual create an economy with in the matrix, considering that anything they need they can get from the loader program

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 02/12/03 - 4:16 AM Permalink

Anyone actaully seen what those Waskch.... brothers look like?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 02/12/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

i think they are really a figment of Joel Silver's imagination. Would explain why he is always blowing that much hot air up their arses that it isn't funny.

I have to admit that I would love to see them with my own eyes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 02/12/03 - 9:26 PM Permalink

ETM was shocking wasnt it, i was sucked in to buying it :'(

matrix online sounds like a lot of fun to me, apparently you can trade abilities with other players, maybee this is kinda your economy substitute

and they could do bullettime just how itd work in the real world (well if bullet time were true :P ), the person who's in bullet time appears to move very very very fast, why slow down the whole area and besides, if your batteling someone and you use bullet time and it effects them, what advantage did you just gain?

btw if youve seen the third movie (im trying not to give anything away but for those of you who would feel safer not hearing.. well dont read :P ) .......(youve been warned) there isnt going to be any agents

Submitted by tachyon on Wed, 03/12/03 - 5:17 AM Permalink

quote:and they could do bullettime just how itd work in the real world (well if bullet time were true :P ), the person who's in bullet time appears to move very very very fast

so if i'm in bullet time, i would see everything in slow motion, but i am actually moving really fast to everyone else?
that would mean the game would physically have to slow down time for me...[8]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 03/12/03 - 8:54 AM Permalink

apparently they make the end of bullet time really fast, so you like "catch up"