Skip to main content

Whats on your Christmas list?

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Thought i would start the thread early.

Whats on your christmas list this year?

My list is rather simple but i dont ask for much, atleast this year i could think of stuff unlike last year.

My Christmas list:

- Electric Guitar & Amplifier Pack
- Half-Life Platinum Pack
- Half-Life 2 Collectors Edition (Provided it is released)
- Some clothes and some other great little gifts

Simple but all good [:)].

Now lets see if i was naughty or nice.

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 11/10/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

A bit early isn?t it?
What kind of guitar are you after? Just starting out? My tip: don?t get anything too pointy [:P] ? Seriously, sound and playability is sooooo much more important then looks. Going for a new or second-hand axe? What size amp are you going for, just a combo (amp + speaker)? Peavey make some great little combo's [:)]

Hmm, Xmas wish list. I seemed to stop getting cool prezies as soon as I hit 20, but by then I could afford to buy my own treats.

My wish list (which I?ll end up getting most of sometime next year anyway):
Graphics tablet
WiFi DSL modem/router
2nd monitor
Grand Turismo 4
Fee?s for next years Art course paid in full [:P]
Car paid off..
Sarah Michelle Gellar [:D]

Not that I want much.

Submitted by Major Clod on Mon, 11/10/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

To finally finish painting and rebuilding my Celica, I'm sick of driving around in this old bomb of a Corolla.

Also wouldn't mind a PS2 with the new GTA game, but I'll settle with Halo 2 and Half-life 2 for now.

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 12/10/04 - 1:32 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by palantir

What kind of guitar are you after? Just starting out? My tip: don?t get anything too pointy [:P] ? Seriously, sound and playability is sooooo much more important then looks. Going for a new or second-hand axe? What size amp are you going for, just a combo (amp + speaker)? Peavey make some great little combo's [:)]

Yeah im just starting out [:p].

Im currently probably going for an Ibanez Starter Pack, they are around $400 new and are apparently pretty good for the price [:)].

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 12/10/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

quote:Im currently probably going for an Ibanez Starter Pack, they are around $400 new and are apparently pretty good for the price
Yeah, they do seem pretty good. My first guitar was an Ibanez. They make some beautiful instruments. I dream of getting a Satriani model one day? mmmmm

Something worth considering though is a little digital effects unit instead of a practice amp, like the Pandora. They cost about $250 for the cheaper ones, but you get a multitude of effects, a tuner, a metronome (handy if you want to learn to solo!) and best of all: a phrase trainer ? record a few seconds of music, and play it back over and over and slow it down and everything. Great learning tools, plus you can plug them into your computer for a simple recording studio! Worth looking into anyway [:)] And don?t rule out second hand guitars either ? just make sure someone who knows about guitars checks it out before you buy.

Sorry about the advice, I know you didn?t ask for it [^] It's just cool to see people getting into it.
[8D]

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 12/10/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

A YF-19 die cast fully transformable Veritech Fighter Please!!!!

a mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 would be nice too!

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 12/10/04 - 7:29 PM Permalink

two front teeth...[;)]

no, really what I am getting is a new PC case and some accessories, eg. UV light, UV reactive cables etc.

also hopefully some Dragonlance books...[:D]

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 12/10/04 - 10:37 PM Permalink

A friend of mine got a nice Ibanez RG470XL I think that was the model number... Damn nice sound and all, but they're soo damn hard to find.

Me personally have a cheap ass bass and a cheap ass amp...

Hrm, is it just me or are a lot of computer people also musos?

Submitted by souri on Wed, 13/10/04 - 1:31 AM Permalink

I have the Half Life 2 ati voucher, so I'm all set for that. Battle for Middle Earth looks awesome, and there's tonnes of games I'd like to try.. that Star Wars Battlefield game, Tribes: Veangeance, Sims 2 etc.. alas, I am a poor Souri T_T

Oh, a new CPU, better gfx card, more ram would also be nice too.. [:D]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 13/10/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Memory twig, Return of the King Extended Edition then my set will be complete.

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 13/10/04 - 3:20 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Im probably going to wait 6 months and chuck in a new graphics card and perhaps an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, at the moment though, i would say my 9600XT Extreme is letting me down and not performing to what i want. But hopefully in 6 months i can pickup a cheap 9800 XT or FX6800 [:)] for around $300.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 14/10/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

on my christmas list?? boy its a bit early isnt it??
only thing ive really thought about it getting a game (probably fable) cause AGDC tickets are eating up that money
oh yeah and i allready have the HL2 voucher ;)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 15/10/04 - 12:40 AM Permalink

Yeah, Christmas is a bit early, and getting earlier every year - or is that because we're getting older every year?..

Hopefully I'll have enough cash to get into the AGDC this year...

Submitted by gullwings13 on Fri, 15/10/04 - 3:18 AM Permalink

Is the AGDC worth going to?

I am currently not ready to actually get a job in the industry but I love games.

Would it be worth my while going?

I want HalfLife2 collectors edition
new laptop would be nice too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 15/10/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

personally im going for a more community aspect. Meeting up with people again and so on. Plus there are some talks that will be of advantage to me, if not just plain interesting.
However i fall into one of the cheapest ticket categorys, if you have to shell out the big bucks and arent sure if its going to be all that benificial to you, then id do a bit more carefull thinking.
uhhhhh i was sorta just answering that question but i realist that sorta pulls the conversation away from the topic so ill try to be a bit more festive *clears throat*

rudolph the red nose raindeer... had a very shiny nose...

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 15/10/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

like a lightbulb!

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 17/10/04 - 5:07 AM Permalink

quote:Wizenedoldman said:
Return of the King Extended Edition then my set will be complete.
Have you seen the preview? It looks pretty awesome!
You can download it here (about 4 meg): [url]http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordoftherings/Re… [/url]
Mouth of Sauron, House of healing, Saruman's death, Aragorn looking into the palantiri, witch king confrontation...... oh yeah *drools*

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sun, 17/10/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

Hehe, thanks Palantir but I prefer to wait and soak it all up on the coach when I bring that baby home. My god that sounds so dirty...

Looking forward to more Saruman though, missed him in the cinema release, and Brad Dourif's always a pleasure to watch as Grimer, hope he's in it too.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 17/10/04 - 8:51 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Wizenedoldman

Hehe, thanks Palantir but I prefer to wait and soak it all up on the coach when I bring that baby home. My god that sounds so dirty...

lol!

quote:Originally posted by tbag

like a lightbulb!

Thats the spirit! everybody now!

Submitted by arcane on Mon, 18/10/04 - 6:29 AM Permalink

Christmas list? Well, only if I've saved up enough money by then [:)]

Hoping to buy a digital SLR (Canon EOS 20D). Damn expensive things [:)]

Submitted by MrPenguin on Tue, 19/10/04 - 10:36 AM Permalink

Dont really get presents for chrissy anymore :( Spose if I had to pick, Id say some cold un-feeling cash to put towards my video-editing--effects-rendering-games-destroying rig I need.

Or alterantively someon could just save me the trouble and buy me the whole thing :D. It would fit easily into the Porsche GT3RS that I would also get, which would sit nicely next to my house that I would no longer have to pay rent for.

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Thought i would start the thread early.

Whats on your christmas list this year?

My list is rather simple but i dont ask for much, atleast this year i could think of stuff unlike last year.

My Christmas list:

- Electric Guitar & Amplifier Pack
- Half-Life Platinum Pack
- Half-Life 2 Collectors Edition (Provided it is released)
- Some clothes and some other great little gifts

Simple but all good [:)].

Now lets see if i was naughty or nice.

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 11/10/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

A bit early isn?t it?

Hmm, Xmas wish list. I seemed to stop getting cool prezies as soon as I hit 20, but by then I could afford to buy my own treats.

My wish list (which I?ll end up getting most of sometime next year anyway):
Graphics tablet
WiFi DSL modem/router
2nd monitor
Grand Turismo 4
Fee?s for next years Art course paid in full [:P]
Car paid off..
Sarah Michelle Gellar [:D]

Not that I want much.

Submitted by Major Clod on Mon, 11/10/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

To finally finish painting and rebuilding my Celica, I'm sick of driving around in this old bomb of a Corolla.

Also wouldn't mind a PS2 with the new GTA game, but I'll settle with Halo 2 and Half-life 2 for now.

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 12/10/04 - 1:32 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by palantir

Yeah im just starting out [:p].

Im currently probably going for an Ibanez Starter Pack, they are around $400 new and are apparently pretty good for the price [:)].

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 12/10/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

quote:Im currently probably going for an Ibanez Starter Pack, they are around $400 new and are apparently pretty good for the price
Yeah, they do seem pretty good. My first guitar was an Ibanez. They make some beautiful instruments. I dream of getting a Satriani model one day? mmmmm

Something worth considering though is a little digital effects unit instead of a practice amp, like the Pandora. They cost about $250 for the cheaper ones, but you get a multitude of effects, a tuner, a metronome (handy if you want to learn to solo!) and best of all: a phrase trainer ? record a few seconds of music, and play it back over and over and slow it down and everything. Great learning tools, plus you can plug them into your computer for a simple recording studio! Worth looking into anyway [:)] And don?t rule out second hand guitars either ? just make sure someone who knows about guitars checks it out before you buy.

Sorry about the advice, I know you didn?t ask for it [^] It's just cool to see people getting into it.
[8D]

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 12/10/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

A YF-19 die cast fully transformable Veritech Fighter Please!!!!

a mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 would be nice too!

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 12/10/04 - 7:29 PM Permalink

two front teeth...[;)]

no, really what I am getting is a new PC case and some accessories, eg. UV light, UV reactive cables etc.

also hopefully some Dragonlance books...[:D]

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 12/10/04 - 10:37 PM Permalink

A friend of mine got a nice Ibanez RG470XL I think that was the model number... Damn nice sound and all, but they're soo damn hard to find.

Me personally have a cheap ass bass and a cheap ass amp...

Hrm, is it just me or are a lot of computer people also musos?

Submitted by souri on Wed, 13/10/04 - 1:31 AM Permalink

I have the Half Life 2 ati voucher, so I'm all set for that. Battle for Middle Earth looks awesome, and there's tonnes of games I'd like to try.. that Star Wars Battlefield game, Tribes: Veangeance, Sims 2 etc.. alas, I am a poor Souri T_T

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 13/10/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Memory twig, Return of the King Extended Edition then my set will be complete.

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 13/10/04 - 3:20 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Im probably going to wait 6 months and chuck in a new graphics card and perhaps an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, at the moment though, i would say my 9600XT Extreme is letting me down and not performing to what i want. But hopefully in 6 months i can pickup a cheap 9800 XT or FX6800 [:)] for around $300.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 14/10/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

on my christmas list?? boy its a bit early isnt it??
only thing ive really thought about it getting a game (probably fable) cause AGDC tickets are eating up that money
oh yeah and i allready have the HL2 voucher ;)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 15/10/04 - 12:40 AM Permalink

Yeah, Christmas is a bit early, and getting earlier every year - or is that because we're getting older every year?..

Hopefully I'll have enough cash to get into the AGDC this year...

Submitted by gullwings13 on Fri, 15/10/04 - 3:18 AM Permalink

Is the AGDC worth going to?

I am currently not ready to actually get a job in the industry but I love games.

Would it be worth my while going?

I want HalfLife2 collectors edition
new laptop would be nice too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 15/10/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

personally im going for a more community aspect. Meeting up with people again and so on. Plus there are some talks that will be of advantage to me, if not just plain interesting.
However i fall into one of the cheapest ticket categorys, if you have to shell out the big bucks and arent sure if its going to be all that benificial to you, then id do a bit more carefull thinking.
uhhhhh i was sorta just answering that question but i realist that sorta pulls the conversation away from the topic so ill try to be a bit more festive *clears throat*

rudolph the red nose raindeer... had a very shiny nose...

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 15/10/04 - 6:49 AM Permalink

like a lightbulb!

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 17/10/04 - 5:07 AM Permalink

quote:Wizenedoldman said:
Return of the King Extended Edition then my set will be complete.
Have you seen the preview? It looks pretty awesome!
You can download it here (about 4 meg): [url]http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordoftherings/Re… [/url]
Mouth of Sauron, House of healing, Saruman's death, Aragorn looking into the palantiri, witch king confrontation...... oh yeah *drools*

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sun, 17/10/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

Looking forward to more Saruman though, missed him in the cinema release, and Brad Dourif's always a pleasure to watch as Grimer, hope he's in it too.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 17/10/04 - 8:51 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Wizenedoldman

lol!

quote:Originally posted by tbag

like a lightbulb!

Thats the spirit! everybody now!

Submitted by arcane on Mon, 18/10/04 - 6:29 AM Permalink

Christmas list? Well, only if I've saved up enough money by then [:)]

Hoping to buy a digital SLR (Canon EOS 20D). Damn expensive things [:)]

Submitted by MrPenguin on Tue, 19/10/04 - 10:36 AM Permalink

Dont really get presents for chrissy anymore :( Spose if I had to pick, Id say some cold un-feeling cash to put towards my video-editing--effects-rendering-games-destroying rig I need.

Or alterantively someon could just save me the trouble and buy me the whole thing :D. It would fit easily into the Porsche GT3RS that I would also get, which would sit nicely next to my house that I would no longer have to pay rent for.