Skip to main content

Over Clocking

Submitted by codyalday on
Forum

I am wondering if any of you Guys and Gals know how to Over Clock an Intel Celeron 566. I have 64MB RAM and Windows ME, anything will be appriacated. Thankaz In Advanced.

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 11/08/04 - 11:11 AM Permalink

Your motherboard will need to be able to adjust clock multipliers and FSB. Best bet is to query google, there should be plenty of tutorials out there. Don't expect massive increases though, maybe 100Mhz at best? Not sure how those celeron hold up. The old 300A Celerons were the first good overclocking chip, you could get those things up to around 450Mhz.

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Wed, 11/08/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

The Celeron 566A overclocks well, I ran one at 850 for quite a while without any problems other than a bigger CPU fan required. The details of exaclty how to do it will depend on your motherboard and I can't really help you there.

Submitted by WiffleCube on Thu, 12/08/04 - 10:04 AM Permalink

I often wonder if 'overclocking' was cynically developed as a way of shifting replacement graphics cards; you invalidate your warrantee by doing it. The amount of graphics cards I've burnt out...

Submitted by souri on Thu, 12/08/04 - 5:14 PM Permalink

An overclocked Celeron 300A was what I had for a couple of years... I got pretty good mileage out of it [:)]

Posted by codyalday on
Forum

I am wondering if any of you Guys and Gals know how to Over Clock an Intel Celeron 566. I have 64MB RAM and Windows ME, anything will be appriacated. Thankaz In Advanced.

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 11/08/04 - 11:11 AM Permalink

Your motherboard will need to be able to adjust clock multipliers and FSB. Best bet is to query google, there should be plenty of tutorials out there. Don't expect massive increases though, maybe 100Mhz at best? Not sure how those celeron hold up. The old 300A Celerons were the first good overclocking chip, you could get those things up to around 450Mhz.

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Wed, 11/08/04 - 7:35 PM Permalink

The Celeron 566A overclocks well, I ran one at 850 for quite a while without any problems other than a bigger CPU fan required. The details of exaclty how to do it will depend on your motherboard and I can't really help you there.

Submitted by WiffleCube on Thu, 12/08/04 - 10:04 AM Permalink

I often wonder if 'overclocking' was cynically developed as a way of shifting replacement graphics cards; you invalidate your warrantee by doing it. The amount of graphics cards I've burnt out...

Submitted by souri on Thu, 12/08/04 - 5:14 PM Permalink

An overclocked Celeron 300A was what I had for a couple of years... I got pretty good mileage out of it [:)]