Skip to main content

Antipode seeks project members

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Antipode : the insect isles

Antipode is a new 3D RTS / RPG development from Big Toe Games in Melbourne. It is a voluntary project consisting of developers from (but not restricted to) the University of Melbourne. Antipode is to be released for entry into the AGDC Unsigned Game Competition (2003), it has been in development since before last years conference, with a number of months carefully preparing the script to produce an innovative and completely new type of RTS. Using OpenGL and SDL on a Win 32 platform, the engine already looks astounding, with another 5 months of development time still left!

Big Toe Games currently seeks voluntary artists / modellers to develop in-game content (placeholder content already exists). This is an opportunity for students or out of work modellers with good talent to showcase their work to potential employees in a real game environment!

Unfortunately, Big Toe Games are unwilling to post any screenshots of the engine. The development team have acknowledged to keep the engine under wraps until the conference. However, potential project members would be emailled full details, and screenshots along with a copy of the game script if interested.

After the conference, Big Toe Games plans further development toward a shareware release of Antipode.

Matthew Riggall BSc
Antipode Producer

Matthew can be contacted at matthew.riggall@neuronlogic.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

Antipode : the insect isles

Antipode is a new 3D RTS / RPG development from Big Toe Games in Melbourne. It is a voluntary project consisting of developers from (but not restricted to) the University of Melbourne. Antipode is to be released for entry into the AGDC Unsigned Game Competition (2003), it has been in development since before last years conference, with a number of months carefully preparing the script to produce an innovative and completely new type of RTS. Using OpenGL and SDL on a Win 32 platform, the engine already looks astounding, with another 5 months of development time still left!

Big Toe Games currently seeks voluntary artists / modellers to develop in-game content (placeholder content already exists). This is an opportunity for students or out of work modellers with good talent to showcase their work to potential employees in a real game environment!

Unfortunately, Big Toe Games are unwilling to post any screenshots of the engine. The development team have acknowledged to keep the engine under wraps until the conference. However, potential project members would be emailled full details, and screenshots along with a copy of the game script if interested.

After the conference, Big Toe Games plans further development toward a shareware release of Antipode.

Matthew Riggall BSc
Antipode Producer

Matthew can be contacted at matthew.riggall@neuronlogic.com