Skip to main content

T.V or Magezine.

Submitted by codyalday on
Forum

I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but why don't we make or join a T.V show or Magezine. One show that comes to mind, the only game show around, hasn't been on for ages, is " Control Freak ". Why don't we try get a little segment on there about Sumea, or the gaming indusrty, maybe some tips on modeling.

For the magizine, how about PC PowerPlay, maybe we can get 1 page every month.

That is just some ideas for making our community grow, what do you guys and gals think?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/05/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

You spelt Magazine incorrectly :)

That would be a good idea, but it would probably be better to get some of the members here to write up a few tutorials first. Make a section on Sumea firstly, and then try approaching a show or magazine producer/publisher. That way, the authors would have the ability to make sure that the tutorials are well written and work well.

It would definitely be a good idea though.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:28 AM Permalink

One of the producers of Control Freaks registered on this site.. I can dig up their email if anyone wants to pursue something like this on behalf of Sumea.
Personally speaking, I'm not much of an article writer/editor, or even a decent speaker/presenter, and due to the amount of work already required to keep the site up to date, I'm really limited to doing what I'm currently doing on here.. It would be great if someone who has the experience and the ability to take it much further (I'm sure it would benefit themselves as a result too) does so. I'm all for it.

Posted by codyalday on
Forum

I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but why don't we make or join a T.V show or Magezine. One show that comes to mind, the only game show around, hasn't been on for ages, is " Control Freak ". Why don't we try get a little segment on there about Sumea, or the gaming indusrty, maybe some tips on modeling.

For the magizine, how about PC PowerPlay, maybe we can get 1 page every month.

That is just some ideas for making our community grow, what do you guys and gals think?

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 11/05/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

You spelt Magazine incorrectly :)

That would be a good idea, but it would probably be better to get some of the members here to write up a few tutorials first. Make a section on Sumea firstly, and then try approaching a show or magazine producer/publisher. That way, the authors would have the ability to make sure that the tutorials are well written and work well.

It would definitely be a good idea though.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:28 AM Permalink

One of the producers of Control Freaks registered on this site.. I can dig up their email if anyone wants to pursue something like this on behalf of Sumea.
Personally speaking, I'm not much of an article writer/editor, or even a decent speaker/presenter, and due to the amount of work already required to keep the site up to date, I'm really limited to doing what I'm currently doing on here.. It would be great if someone who has the experience and the ability to take it much further (I'm sure it would benefit themselves as a result too) does so. I'm all for it.