Skip to main content

My Concepts

Submitted by vshen on
Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 11/08/06 - 7:22 PM Permalink

some really nice colours and textures going on with the ones at the top. I like the ute photo/painting too- makes me was to try some matt painting.

Submitted by nealb4me on Fri, 11/08/06 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Hey this is some good stuff. You have clearly put a lot of effort in. That said, I think your biggest weakness is creating the illusion of depth. The matte painting suffers a bit from this and the perpective is a bit off, and therefore comes off as flat. I think you could combat that in future by sketching the structure separately first (on paper) paying close attention to form and perpective. Then you could bring it into the photo and work it in. Right now it just looks too much like you painted inside and around the trees. Keep it up though, you have some good stuff going on.

Posted by vshen on

Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 11/08/06 - 7:22 PM Permalink

some really nice colours and textures going on with the ones at the top. I like the ute photo/painting too- makes me was to try some matt painting.

Submitted by nealb4me on Fri, 11/08/06 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Hey this is some good stuff. You have clearly put a lot of effort in. That said, I think your biggest weakness is creating the illusion of depth. The matte painting suffers a bit from this and the perpective is a bit off, and therefore comes off as flat. I think you could combat that in future by sketching the structure separately first (on paper) paying close attention to form and perpective. Then you could bring it into the photo and work it in. Right now it just looks too much like you painted inside and around the trees. Keep it up though, you have some good stuff going on.