Skip to main content

It's a joke guys ;)

Forum

I had a truly evil idea. Join sumea as "Anonymous Coward" [:D]

I have to admit I'm surprised no one has grabbed this highly sought after username already!

Looks like I've got custody of it [;)]

Lorien

Submitted by Anonymous Coward on Fri, 10/03/06 - 1:33 PM Permalink

I think sumea needs a good profile for Anonymous Coward so please post any suggested improvements here. Insults will be flamed into oblivion [;)]

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 10/03/06 - 10:31 PM Permalink

I've been told before I have a odd sense of humor [;)]

My joke has some meaning however: this profile could provide something to point an anonymous user who isn't behaving themselves to.

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 10/03/06 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Having fun? [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 12:07 AM Permalink

Hey, I signed it "Lorien" pretty clearly [:)] and "Anonymous Cowards" play a very important role.

I haven't been one much at all for quite some time btw.

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 1:40 AM Permalink

To fully understand this joke you would need to have been on and reading sumea for at least as long as I have.

I'd be in lots of trouble if I fully explained it, sorry denz [;)]

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 2:41 AM Permalink

Regarding the profile for anonymous coward, how about something like:
?I like to tell people their work sucks, and to really be a prick, not tell them why their work sucks.?? [:(]

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 3:04 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by palantir

?I like to tell people their work sucks, and to really be a prick, not tell them why their work sucks.?? [:(]

When did I do that? You are misreading something if you think so. Yes there are a couple of digs contained in this joke, but there are plenty of useful things too, and if a couple of little digs in amongst useful things makes me a "prick" in your view then that's what I am. Tough.

Another meaning here is humorously bagging myself out. Does that make me a prick to?

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 3:14 AM Permalink

Isn't a major role of AC to humorously bag things (including themselves) out?

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Sat, 11/03/06 - 4:31 AM Permalink

What the hell's goin on here? What year is this? ... Where are my pants!!

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 5:38 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by lorien

When did I do that? You are misreading something if you think so. Yes there is a couple of digs contained in this joke, but there are plenty of useful things too, and if a couple of little digs in amognst useful things makes me a "prick" in your view then that's what I am. Tough.

Another meaning here is humorously bagging myself out. Does that make me a prick to?

No no, you misunderstand. I don?t mean you are a prick ? I?m not talking about you. I?m just adding what I think should be in the profile of an anonymous coward based on my experience with the way anonymous people crit ? they tend to payout on poor work but not offer any helpful advice. At least they do with my work :P

So I?m not attacking you Lorien, I?m just trying to contribute to the joke in my own odd way. [:)]

But you?re right, the point of posting anonymously is it allows people to bag things and speak their mind. Though I can?t say I think this is necessarily a productive thing (and hence my original post).

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 5:44 AM Permalink

[:D] OK there have been problems with ACs using multiple anonymous identities (and I'm pretty sure even sexes in one case), along with taking multiple points of view.

If anyone accuses me of such things I'm afraid they are mistaken- there have been more than a few anonymous posts which seem tailored for me to cop the blame for them. It started about a year ago- maybe a year and a bit.

I've never denied I've made AC posts- and maybe I crossed a line once or twice, but my posts are pretty obvious anyway and there is very little point in me being an AC. Everyone knows my opinions on some matters, and in order to be properly anonymous I'd have to be as sneaky as "Artist" and I'm not (just ask my students).

After "Artist"'s efforts attacking CynicalFan (who I have a few things in common with) and filling a thread about a competition up with a provoked argument about "is the aus industry booming" (an extremely dangerous topic on sumea imho), I started thinking about the normal, healthy roles ACs play.

CynicalFan is a far better AC than "Artist"- though he's not anonymous and ACs aren't normally so blunt and abusive [;)]

The main people I'm digging at are "Artist", "Sleepyhead", and "I found my clown". People who have done nothing but abuse AC as far as I know. "Artist" motivated me to figure out how Souri could track down a rogue AC if he needed to. I'm not at all happy about being the person to have figured out how to do it.

So I decided to give Anonymous Coward a real profile so people can tell when he's behaving himself and when he's not, and maybe have a laugh at the same time.

Submitted by Grover on Sat, 11/03/06 - 7:13 AM Permalink

Blow up all AC's.
< Its up to the reader to decide if this is literal or a joke >

Like all things, as if it isnt already insanely difficult to determine peoples intentions using emails, posts and chats, AC's handily/or not so.. just add to the communication confusion.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 11/03/06 - 7:48 AM Permalink

ACs... lets see if we cant make that a new internet slang... n00b!

Submitted by J I Styles on Sat, 11/03/06 - 10:18 AM Permalink

I'd say that after 9 out of 15 posts, and no real literal explanation or justification, it stands to reason to spell out the obvious for those 'not-in-the-know'. The anonymous coward is a term coined for users of comment pages, feedback lists, forums etc, for an unregistered user that is still allowed posting privelages, but wishes to remain anonmyous for whatever reason.

Here's my proverbial 10 foot pole.

[img]http://fusionanomaly.net/whydidthechickencrosstheroad.jpg[/img]

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 12:07 PM Permalink

Sorry if there were basic things like who "Anonymous Coward" is- I've been using computers for almost 25 years and the 'net for 13 and I'm a Linux geek...

Submitted by Dogg on Tue, 28/03/06 - 11:44 PM Permalink

hey lorien anonymous, who would of got the idea for that!

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 30/03/06 - 2:46 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Anonymous Dogg

Umm read my profile... I'm hardly anonymous on sumea.

Submitted by Dogg on Sun, 02/04/06 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Your profile has no picture.[8D]

Submitted by lorien on Mon, 03/04/06 - 11:01 AM Permalink

Just have a look here AD http://www.acmi.net.au/acmipark_project_team.htm

Happy? [;)]

On a different note if one of the artists would like to make an avatar for this AC profile just let me know [:D]

Submitted by Dogg on Mon, 03/04/06 - 9:33 PM Permalink

[8D]

Forum

I had a truly evil idea. Join sumea as "Anonymous Coward" [:D]

I have to admit I'm surprised no one has grabbed this highly sought after username already!

Looks like I've got custody of it [;)]

Lorien

Submitted by Anonymous Coward on Fri, 10/03/06 - 1:33 PM Permalink

I think sumea needs a good profile for Anonymous Coward so please post any suggested improvements here. Insults will be flamed into oblivion [;)]

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 10/03/06 - 10:31 PM Permalink

I've been told before I have a odd sense of humor [;)]

My joke has some meaning however: this profile could provide something to point an anonymous user who isn't behaving themselves to.

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 10/03/06 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Having fun? [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 12:07 AM Permalink

Hey, I signed it "Lorien" pretty clearly [:)] and "Anonymous Cowards" play a very important role.

I haven't been one much at all for quite some time btw.

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 1:40 AM Permalink

To fully understand this joke you would need to have been on and reading sumea for at least as long as I have.

I'd be in lots of trouble if I fully explained it, sorry denz [;)]

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 2:41 AM Permalink

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 3:04 AM Permalink

When did I do that? You are misreading something if you think so. Yes there are a couple of digs contained in this joke, but there are plenty of useful things too, and if a couple of little digs in amongst useful things makes me a "prick" in your view then that's what I am. Tough.

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 3:14 AM Permalink

Isn't a major role of AC to humorously bag things (including themselves) out?

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Sat, 11/03/06 - 4:31 AM Permalink

What the hell's goin on here? What year is this? ... Where are my pants!!

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 5:38 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by lorien

When did I do that? You are misreading something if you think so. Yes there is a couple of digs contained in this joke, but there are plenty of useful things too, and if a couple of little digs in amognst useful things makes me a "prick" in your view then that's what I am. Tough.

No no, you misunderstand. I don?t mean you are a prick ? I?m not talking about you. I?m just adding what I think should be in the profile of an anonymous coward based on my experience with the way anonymous people crit ? they tend to payout on poor work but not offer any helpful advice. At least they do with my work :P

So I?m not attacking you Lorien, I?m just trying to contribute to the joke in my own odd way. [:)]

But you?re right, the point of posting anonymously is it allows people to bag things and speak their mind. Though I can?t say I think this is necessarily a productive thing (and hence my original post).

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 5:44 AM Permalink

[:D] OK there have been problems with ACs using multiple anonymous identities (and I'm pretty sure even sexes in one case), along with taking multiple points of view.

If anyone accuses me of such things I'm afraid they are mistaken- there have been more than a few anonymous posts which seem tailored for me to cop the blame for them. It started about a year ago- maybe a year and a bit.

I've never denied I've made AC posts- and maybe I crossed a line once or twice, but my posts are pretty obvious anyway and there is very little point in me being an AC. Everyone knows my opinions on some matters, and in order to be properly anonymous I'd have to be as sneaky as "Artist" and I'm not (just ask my students).

After "Artist"'s efforts attacking CynicalFan (who I have a few things in common with) and filling a thread about a competition up with a provoked argument about "is the aus industry booming" (an extremely dangerous topic on sumea imho), I started thinking about the normal, healthy roles ACs play.

CynicalFan is a far better AC than "Artist"- though he's not anonymous and ACs aren't normally so blunt and abusive [;)]

The main people I'm digging at are "Artist", "Sleepyhead", and "I found my clown". People who have done nothing but abuse AC as far as I know. "Artist" motivated me to figure out how Souri could track down a rogue AC if he needed to. I'm not at all happy about being the person to have figured out how to do it.

So I decided to give Anonymous Coward a real profile so people can tell when he's behaving himself and when he's not, and maybe have a laugh at the same time.

Submitted by Grover on Sat, 11/03/06 - 7:13 AM Permalink

Blow up all AC's.
< Its up to the reader to decide if this is literal or a joke >

Like all things, as if it isnt already insanely difficult to determine peoples intentions using emails, posts and chats, AC's handily/or not so.. just add to the communication confusion.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 11/03/06 - 7:48 AM Permalink

ACs... lets see if we cant make that a new internet slang... n00b!

Submitted by J I Styles on Sat, 11/03/06 - 10:18 AM Permalink

I'd say that after 9 out of 15 posts, and no real literal explanation or justification, it stands to reason to spell out the obvious for those 'not-in-the-know'. The anonymous coward is a term coined for users of comment pages, feedback lists, forums etc, for an unregistered user that is still allowed posting privelages, but wishes to remain anonmyous for whatever reason.

Here's my proverbial 10 foot pole.

[img]http://fusionanomaly.net/whydidthechickencrosstheroad.jpg[/img]

Submitted by lorien on Sat, 11/03/06 - 12:07 PM Permalink

Sorry if there were basic things like who "Anonymous Coward" is- I've been using computers for almost 25 years and the 'net for 13 and I'm a Linux geek...

Submitted by Dogg on Tue, 28/03/06 - 11:44 PM Permalink

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 30/03/06 - 2:46 AM Permalink

Umm read my profile... I'm hardly anonymous on sumea.

Submitted by Dogg on Sun, 02/04/06 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Submitted by lorien on Mon, 03/04/06 - 11:01 AM Permalink

Just have a look here AD http://www.acmi.net.au/acmipark_project_team.htm

Happy? [;)]

On a different note if one of the artists would like to make an avatar for this AC profile just let me know [:D]

Submitted by Dogg on Mon, 03/04/06 - 9:33 PM Permalink

[8D]