Skip to main content

Collaboration

Submitted by Mister on
Forum

Well, I guess this topic has been brought up before, considering the title of the forum Mod / Game collaborations... etc, but anyway, I'd like to start one up, lets make something.
I'm a mapper (Expert), Modeller (Minor), Coder (Get stuff done when I need it), Texture artist (moderate), Audio Engineer (Expert).
Anyone who has ideas, lets like go and stuff. We really need people that are unemployed and have 24/7 to work on something, it could be amazing. I think. Oh well, ahhm instead of my going on for hours about what could occur, i'll just start this off here and assume people will respond and let me know what they're thinkin.
Mick.

Submitted by Mister on Sat, 09/08/03 - 8:32 AM Permalink

I think I may have outdumbed myself here, cause I never read any previous posts, I just got straight in and though, lets do that, but it seems people have already attempted to start this. Oh well. PHEAR.

Submitted by Mister on Sat, 09/08/03 - 8:34 AM Permalink

Well i'm gonna reply to my own post for a third time... after reading what most people are saying around here, I think they're underestimating the power of Australian developers... or themselves, one of the two. We can do this! Like Now!

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 09/08/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

um... 5 minutes past between your first and third post, you might want to give people more time to reply.
Hope you find some interest, the Aussie mod scene isn't very prolific.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Sat, 09/08/03 - 10:06 PM Permalink

Hmmm... I'm interested except there a few issues for me.
I'm 19 and don't have much experience, if your looking for somebody to jump right in then i guess i'm out but i hope thats not a problem because i can learn fast, i can model with 3D Studio Max and Maya. Im also good with Photoshop and i have textured before but not a great deal. My drawing skills are resonable. I can work 24/7.
how long were you expecting to take on this Mod?

Submitted by Switchblade on Sun, 10/08/03 - 8:00 PM Permalink

Hi guys,

I'm interested in this, for sure... I'm a designer/biz guy/texture artist, and I'm looking to put together a project team for a game demo to pitch to venture capitalists or publishers. I've got contacts at an engine company that is developing a next-gen engine, one month away from release. It has Doom3-style lighting and graphics, and it's extremely easy to get from 3D Studio Max to the game- I'm a keyboard jockey and even I can make levels and artwork for the game. So I kinda get a free license, cause I've been helping them out a bit. I've got one artist already.

What do you think?

Switchblade

PS: Mick, I checked out some of your music, it's pretty nice :)

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 11/08/03 - 5:06 AM Permalink

I have a few issues to sort out before i can commit to any project 100%, but i'm extremely confident that i can get those issues out of the way. At this point i'm extremely enthusiastic about being involved with any game project.

I'd like to be involved but i guess its up to you guys.

Submitted by Mister on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:23 AM Permalink

Well interesting. Lets go then! heh
oh, I mean, so what will we do?

Submitted by Mister on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:25 AM Permalink

And yes, the short amount of time between my original posts was because I posted, then read elsewhere, then posted again, kind of updating my first one because I didn't realise there were other topics related to what I had said already, but of course there was.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:10 PM Permalink

I'll try and come up with some game ideas through the week then i'll post them, how many ppl did you want involved? How many Coders and Artists? How big did you want the project to be?

Submitted by Mister on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:33 AM Permalink

As small as it is or as large as it is, if it takes off great, if its a little project, great, the worst that can happen is that we don't do anything, if we get something done then it can't be worse than anything else coming out in the world. So I don't really mind, I don't intend to be the Project Lead or anything, I would leave the people (us) up to a combined decision as to what should occur in relation to anything? My idea would be to purchase a personal license for AMPII, but I am not 100% familiar with the engine and I do not code 100%, so if coders have any better ideas, go right ahead. I'm willing to pay the US $200 for the AMPII License if interest is ensured.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:28 AM Permalink

Thats fine but i'll probably have to get a night fill job at woolies so i can pay for some new things like a new 3D card and a Wacom, and if the project gets started i'd probably want to chip in for the engine license.

Submitted by Mister on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:48 AM Permalink

BTW, If anyone wants to contact me with MSN or anything to bypass this baton relay olympic forum thingo, MSN = mcuneo@internode.on.net, ICQ = 10554575

Submitted by Happy Camper on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I guess i better go sign up for MSN again, but not today, i hope more People show interest in this project.

Submitted by Switchblade on Wed, 13/08/03 - 8:39 PM Permalink

Hey guys,

sorry for the lack of replies; just sorting some stuff out that could change things... I'll post soon, about what I am working on, ok?

Switchblade

Submitted by urgrund on Mon, 06/10/03 - 1:01 AM Permalink

Mister, I sent you a PM email.

Posted by Mister on
Forum

Well, I guess this topic has been brought up before, considering the title of the forum Mod / Game collaborations... etc, but anyway, I'd like to start one up, lets make something.
I'm a mapper (Expert), Modeller (Minor), Coder (Get stuff done when I need it), Texture artist (moderate), Audio Engineer (Expert).
Anyone who has ideas, lets like go and stuff. We really need people that are unemployed and have 24/7 to work on something, it could be amazing. I think. Oh well, ahhm instead of my going on for hours about what could occur, i'll just start this off here and assume people will respond and let me know what they're thinkin.
Mick.

Submitted by Mister on Sat, 09/08/03 - 8:32 AM Permalink

I think I may have outdumbed myself here, cause I never read any previous posts, I just got straight in and though, lets do that, but it seems people have already attempted to start this. Oh well. PHEAR.

Submitted by Mister on Sat, 09/08/03 - 8:34 AM Permalink

Well i'm gonna reply to my own post for a third time... after reading what most people are saying around here, I think they're underestimating the power of Australian developers... or themselves, one of the two. We can do this! Like Now!

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 09/08/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

um... 5 minutes past between your first and third post, you might want to give people more time to reply.
Hope you find some interest, the Aussie mod scene isn't very prolific.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Sat, 09/08/03 - 10:06 PM Permalink

Hmmm... I'm interested except there a few issues for me.
I'm 19 and don't have much experience, if your looking for somebody to jump right in then i guess i'm out but i hope thats not a problem because i can learn fast, i can model with 3D Studio Max and Maya. Im also good with Photoshop and i have textured before but not a great deal. My drawing skills are resonable. I can work 24/7.
how long were you expecting to take on this Mod?

Submitted by Switchblade on Sun, 10/08/03 - 8:00 PM Permalink

Hi guys,

I'm interested in this, for sure... I'm a designer/biz guy/texture artist, and I'm looking to put together a project team for a game demo to pitch to venture capitalists or publishers. I've got contacts at an engine company that is developing a next-gen engine, one month away from release. It has Doom3-style lighting and graphics, and it's extremely easy to get from 3D Studio Max to the game- I'm a keyboard jockey and even I can make levels and artwork for the game. So I kinda get a free license, cause I've been helping them out a bit. I've got one artist already.

What do you think?

Switchblade

PS: Mick, I checked out some of your music, it's pretty nice :)

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 11/08/03 - 5:06 AM Permalink

I have a few issues to sort out before i can commit to any project 100%, but i'm extremely confident that i can get those issues out of the way. At this point i'm extremely enthusiastic about being involved with any game project.

I'd like to be involved but i guess its up to you guys.

Submitted by Mister on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:23 AM Permalink

Well interesting. Lets go then! heh
oh, I mean, so what will we do?

Submitted by Mister on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:25 AM Permalink

And yes, the short amount of time between my original posts was because I posted, then read elsewhere, then posted again, kind of updating my first one because I didn't realise there were other topics related to what I had said already, but of course there was.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 11/08/03 - 11:10 PM Permalink

I'll try and come up with some game ideas through the week then i'll post them, how many ppl did you want involved? How many Coders and Artists? How big did you want the project to be?

Submitted by Mister on Tue, 12/08/03 - 12:33 AM Permalink

As small as it is or as large as it is, if it takes off great, if its a little project, great, the worst that can happen is that we don't do anything, if we get something done then it can't be worse than anything else coming out in the world. So I don't really mind, I don't intend to be the Project Lead or anything, I would leave the people (us) up to a combined decision as to what should occur in relation to anything? My idea would be to purchase a personal license for AMPII, but I am not 100% familiar with the engine and I do not code 100%, so if coders have any better ideas, go right ahead. I'm willing to pay the US $200 for the AMPII License if interest is ensured.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:28 AM Permalink

Thats fine but i'll probably have to get a night fill job at woolies so i can pay for some new things like a new 3D card and a Wacom, and if the project gets started i'd probably want to chip in for the engine license.

Submitted by Mister on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:48 AM Permalink

BTW, If anyone wants to contact me with MSN or anything to bypass this baton relay olympic forum thingo, MSN = mcuneo@internode.on.net, ICQ = 10554575

Submitted by Happy Camper on Tue, 12/08/03 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I guess i better go sign up for MSN again, but not today, i hope more People show interest in this project.

Submitted by Switchblade on Wed, 13/08/03 - 8:39 PM Permalink

Hey guys,

sorry for the lack of replies; just sorting some stuff out that could change things... I'll post soon, about what I am working on, ok?

Switchblade

Submitted by urgrund on Mon, 06/10/03 - 1:01 AM Permalink

Mister, I sent you a PM email.