Skip to main content

Fable

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

I just watch the trailer for this game called FAble, as i've really been looking forward to it. Basicly it is one of those games with a massive environment, where you can interact with everythin. But for some reason it seems a lot more appealing then other games like republic.

See in this game all the things you do doesn't only affect your skills and how much other people like you, but it also affects the way you look. For example, if you primarily use your sword as a weapon then you would probably become a big heap of muscles. But if you use magic as your main weapon, then you'd look like the white wizard. Of course you do missions and stuff to get money as well. Whether you're good or evil also affects your appearance.

Another thing this game has going for it, IMO, is that it was made by lionhead studios, the same guys who made Black & White, and i loved that game, you know the one where you get to play god, and you make your own world, and also can become good or evil.

I am giving serious thought to buying an Xbox especially ffor this game, seeing as i don't have a console anyway.

Have any of you heard of this game or games like it?

EDIT: you can watch the trailer demo at gametrailers.com
you just have to scroll down and find Fable
N.B: Here's hoping you got broadband :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:02 PM Permalink

Fable has been in Development for 5 years + and ive been waiting for it for almost as long.

Its going to be an amazing RPG, and NOT online woohoo! I suspect MANY will be buying an xbox just to play Fable.

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:06 PM Permalink

I have heard of it and I am also as eager to get my hands on it...[:D]

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I have have a copy pre-order for months now, just a note the game isn't being made by LionHead but by a developer (Big Blue Box) working under LionHead.

You can tell how cool this game is going to be from the web site, best game web site ever http://www.fablegame.com/.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 09/06/04 - 10:05 PM Permalink

I agree about the website to doord, if the website is this good the games gonna own :D

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 09/06/04 - 10:35 PM Permalink

!!!! I have a new purpose in life..to get this game. When does it come out????

Submitted by Stu on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Dude that website rocked :)

Stu

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:17 PM Permalink

Release Date:
September 2004

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

yeah ive been wanting this game for atleast 2 years or so, i know someone whos been obsessed since it was called "project ego" so the wait is tearing him apart :P

it looks like the best RPG ive ever seen, when i read interviews with its creators i wonder why this kind of thing hasnt happened sooner (comments like "are you going to put in a item damage system, weapons that break and so on" "you know thats really tedious and annoying, so no" (not in those words ofcourse but thats the gist).

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 10/06/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

The only thing that worries me is that Big Blue Box under Lionhead promised the world and bit by bit over time, features have been been cut or they've changed their minds on what they said they'd do. For eg - no 'numbers' popping up over characters heads and then later they put numbers over heads as a type of 'energy bar'. That's what I've read, so it may not still be true, mind.

I'm looking forward to it but I dunno if it's gonna be as amazing as they say. I hope the aging thing isn't the main UPC and that the combat is really decent.

You can't even play as a woman (being able to play as either sex was originally touted to be a feature).

I'm not really being skeptical, it looks great but when you promise the earth, you gotta deliver.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 10/06/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

I'm in the same boat as HazarD. Looks like a cross between B&W and Secret Of Mana. And that can't be a bad thing (I hope).

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 11/06/04 - 12:27 AM Permalink

I remember hearing about that game years ago, sounded cool back then and sounds cool now. Pity its only on xbox

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

I just watch the trailer for this game called FAble, as i've really been looking forward to it. Basicly it is one of those games with a massive environment, where you can interact with everythin. But for some reason it seems a lot more appealing then other games like republic.

See in this game all the things you do doesn't only affect your skills and how much other people like you, but it also affects the way you look. For example, if you primarily use your sword as a weapon then you would probably become a big heap of muscles. But if you use magic as your main weapon, then you'd look like the white wizard. Of course you do missions and stuff to get money as well. Whether you're good or evil also affects your appearance.

Another thing this game has going for it, IMO, is that it was made by lionhead studios, the same guys who made Black & White, and i loved that game, you know the one where you get to play god, and you make your own world, and also can become good or evil.

I am giving serious thought to buying an Xbox especially ffor this game, seeing as i don't have a console anyway.

Have any of you heard of this game or games like it?

EDIT: you can watch the trailer demo at gametrailers.com
you just have to scroll down and find Fable
N.B: Here's hoping you got broadband :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:02 PM Permalink

Fable has been in Development for 5 years + and ive been waiting for it for almost as long.

Its going to be an amazing RPG, and NOT online woohoo! I suspect MANY will be buying an xbox just to play Fable.

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:06 PM Permalink

I have heard of it and I am also as eager to get my hands on it...[:D]

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 09/06/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I have have a copy pre-order for months now, just a note the game isn't being made by LionHead but by a developer (Big Blue Box) working under LionHead.

You can tell how cool this game is going to be from the web site, best game web site ever http://www.fablegame.com/.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 09/06/04 - 10:05 PM Permalink

I agree about the website to doord, if the website is this good the games gonna own :D

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 09/06/04 - 10:35 PM Permalink

!!!! I have a new purpose in life..to get this game. When does it come out????

Submitted by Stu on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Dude that website rocked :)

Stu

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:17 PM Permalink

Release Date:
September 2004

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 09/06/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

yeah ive been wanting this game for atleast 2 years or so, i know someone whos been obsessed since it was called "project ego" so the wait is tearing him apart :P

it looks like the best RPG ive ever seen, when i read interviews with its creators i wonder why this kind of thing hasnt happened sooner (comments like "are you going to put in a item damage system, weapons that break and so on" "you know thats really tedious and annoying, so no" (not in those words ofcourse but thats the gist).

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 10/06/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

The only thing that worries me is that Big Blue Box under Lionhead promised the world and bit by bit over time, features have been been cut or they've changed their minds on what they said they'd do. For eg - no 'numbers' popping up over characters heads and then later they put numbers over heads as a type of 'energy bar'. That's what I've read, so it may not still be true, mind.

I'm looking forward to it but I dunno if it's gonna be as amazing as they say. I hope the aging thing isn't the main UPC and that the combat is really decent.

You can't even play as a woman (being able to play as either sex was originally touted to be a feature).

I'm not really being skeptical, it looks great but when you promise the earth, you gotta deliver.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 10/06/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

I'm in the same boat as HazarD. Looks like a cross between B&W and Secret Of Mana. And that can't be a bad thing (I hope).

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 11/06/04 - 12:27 AM Permalink

I remember hearing about that game years ago, sounded cool back then and sounds cool now. Pity its only on xbox