Skip to main content

Hidden Landing Platform (SF Environment)

Submitted by Rizo on

I made this piece to practice my details in sf stuff, made at home ad in the extra time at work so it's hard to say how lond did it takes me (probably more than i would like ). I was just thinking in some kind of hole inside a huge building used as a hangar for some guys. Any critics or coments are welcome, .

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/9697/ps500…]

Submitted by necrobator666 on Thu, 09/03/06 - 10:16 PM Permalink

thats awesome eh, no crits, great lighting, very cool city.

Submitted by Lloyd on Thu, 09/03/06 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Awsome Work!
I think the use of colour is great.The lighting looks fantastic aswell.
Well Done!

Submitted by LOOM on Fri, 10/03/06 - 2:56 AM Permalink

looks very nice mate.

1 question , where do u start "painting"?

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/03/06 - 3:33 AM Permalink

If I had to give one critic, I'd say the guy on the bottom right seems to have some anatomy problems - his torso is too long, I reckon. And the way you have him twisting his body looks pretty awkward to be working like that for a long period of time [;)].

Anyway, fantastic work indeed [:)]

Submitted by Rizo on Fri, 10/03/06 - 8:09 PM Permalink

Hey everybody, thanks a lot for your coments, Loom, i really don't get your question.. well i did the first "doodeling" in Painter, i define all the colors and values in Photoshop (all of this in a small thumbnail) and after that i scale it up to 3200 pixels wide and star adding details by layers first, and adding textures by areas them. Souri, yeap, my art director at work told me also about that guy, characters or human figure isn't my strong point but i'm working on it. I'll give that guy a few touches before adding that piece to my portafolio, Again, thanks for your coments.!
Cesar

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 2:37 AM Permalink

That?s a really cool painting Rizo. I like the lighting and the mood it sets. The city in the background helps set the scene, but if I can make a suggestion, I think it could really use a few small craft flying back there. Nothing over the top like in Star Wars, but I think a couple of small flying objects here and there would suggest a more lively city, and also give a better sense of scale and realism to the scene.

Nice ship design also.

Posted by Rizo on

I made this piece to practice my details in sf stuff, made at home ad in the extra time at work so it's hard to say how lond did it takes me (probably more than i would like ). I was just thinking in some kind of hole inside a huge building used as a hangar for some guys. Any critics or coments are welcome, .

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/9697/ps500…]

Submitted by necrobator666 on Thu, 09/03/06 - 10:16 PM Permalink

thats awesome eh, no crits, great lighting, very cool city.

Submitted by Lloyd on Thu, 09/03/06 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Awsome Work!
I think the use of colour is great.The lighting looks fantastic aswell.
Well Done!

Submitted by LOOM on Fri, 10/03/06 - 2:56 AM Permalink

looks very nice mate.

1 question , where do u start "painting"?

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/03/06 - 3:33 AM Permalink

If I had to give one critic, I'd say the guy on the bottom right seems to have some anatomy problems - his torso is too long, I reckon. And the way you have him twisting his body looks pretty awkward to be working like that for a long period of time [;)].

Anyway, fantastic work indeed [:)]

Submitted by Rizo on Fri, 10/03/06 - 8:09 PM Permalink

Hey everybody, thanks a lot for your coments, Loom, i really don't get your question.. well i did the first "doodeling" in Painter, i define all the colors and values in Photoshop (all of this in a small thumbnail) and after that i scale it up to 3200 pixels wide and star adding details by layers first, and adding textures by areas them. Souri, yeap, my art director at work told me also about that guy, characters or human figure isn't my strong point but i'm working on it. I'll give that guy a few touches before adding that piece to my portafolio, Again, thanks for your coments.!
Cesar

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 11/03/06 - 2:37 AM Permalink

That?s a really cool painting Rizo. I like the lighting and the mood it sets. The city in the background helps set the scene, but if I can make a suggestion, I think it could really use a few small craft flying back there. Nothing over the top like in Star Wars, but I think a couple of small flying objects here and there would suggest a more lively city, and also give a better sense of scale and realism to the scene.

Nice ship design also.