Skip to main content

1944: Operation Overlord WIP Thread

Submitted by Kalescent on

Hey Guys,

Over the next few months I'll be posting up WIP's here of some of the work we are doing for the good irish folk over there at www.franticgames.com

Frantic Games hired us to cleanup their existing meshes, UVW Maps, prep for normal mapping, Normal map & Texture a bunch of their soldiers.

First off heres one of the heads I cleaned up

Original: 1100 Tri exact.
Overhaul: 2000 Tri exact.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20062885623_Face_Progress… [/img]

And a new set of hands I built for the troopers.

New Hand Pair: 1100 Tri

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20062885821_Hand-Progress…]

Will keep adding things in WIP stages and final stages as they come along. Stay Tuned [:)]

Submitted by ninothe on Thu, 09/02/06 - 1:11 PM Permalink

Looking good and clean HazarD. Head looks really clean and detailed

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 09/02/06 - 10:36 PM Permalink

pheeeeeeeeew, boy are they ever getting their moneys worth. Looking good

Submitted by Lloyd on Fri, 10/02/06 - 2:33 AM Permalink

excellent mesh layout. Very Clean, well done.

Submitted by LOOM on Fri, 10/02/06 - 3:35 AM Permalink

good work mate.
Are those hands going to be used for the first person view?

i kinda lose a bit of respect for studios who get other studios to clean up all their models and wat not.
But hey, it gives you a job! hehe
[B)][:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 10/02/06 - 5:16 AM Permalink

ninoth: Cheers [:)]

Moony: Thanks man [:D]

Lloyd: Cheers! I just finished playing Tales of Symphonia (GameCube) - Great game, main character is called Lloyd so hows that for a random fact of the day! [:P]

Loom: These hands will be used for normal view - A higher detailed set of hands for FPS view.
Ive made up a rig and animation, to testing the articulation - They deform a treat [:)]

Not sure why youd loose respect for a studio who outsources - perhaps they dont have artists in-house? or perhaps they hired another freelancer to complete the job, but they were unsatisfied with the result. Happens all the time!

A note - The head up there is goign to be the base model for all the high poly variants which I'll create for normal mapping in Zbrush.

Update again soon.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 18/02/06 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Hey Troy nice work :)
Any updates on the head? Just wondering how it will turn out. If you could tell us what brushes/method you use to detial would be helpfull, Im currently trying to do my own in zbrush and Im looking for any tips (especially in regards to generating realsitic looking wrinkles).

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 18/02/06 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Hey Mark, Cheers!

No updates just yet - tweaking the head a bit more and client has UPPED the budget on the hands so I'll be pushing some more detail in there, will post some updates soon.

Still a little while away from the high poly stuff just yet - but will get those up as things get approved and locked off etc.

Posted by Kalescent on

Hey Guys,

Over the next few months I'll be posting up WIP's here of some of the work we are doing for the good irish folk over there at www.franticgames.com

Frantic Games hired us to cleanup their existing meshes, UVW Maps, prep for normal mapping, Normal map & Texture a bunch of their soldiers.

First off heres one of the heads I cleaned up

Original: 1100 Tri exact.
Overhaul: 2000 Tri exact.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20062885623_Face_Progress… [/img]

And a new set of hands I built for the troopers.

New Hand Pair: 1100 Tri

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20062885821_Hand-Progress…]

Will keep adding things in WIP stages and final stages as they come along. Stay Tuned [:)]

Submitted by ninothe on Thu, 09/02/06 - 1:11 PM Permalink

Looking good and clean HazarD. Head looks really clean and detailed

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 09/02/06 - 10:36 PM Permalink

pheeeeeeeeew, boy are they ever getting their moneys worth. Looking good

Submitted by Lloyd on Fri, 10/02/06 - 2:33 AM Permalink

excellent mesh layout. Very Clean, well done.

Submitted by LOOM on Fri, 10/02/06 - 3:35 AM Permalink

good work mate.
Are those hands going to be used for the first person view?

i kinda lose a bit of respect for studios who get other studios to clean up all their models and wat not.
But hey, it gives you a job! hehe
[B)][:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 10/02/06 - 5:16 AM Permalink

ninoth: Cheers [:)]

Moony: Thanks man [:D]

Lloyd: Cheers! I just finished playing Tales of Symphonia (GameCube) - Great game, main character is called Lloyd so hows that for a random fact of the day! [:P]

Loom: These hands will be used for normal view - A higher detailed set of hands for FPS view.
Ive made up a rig and animation, to testing the articulation - They deform a treat [:)]

Not sure why youd loose respect for a studio who outsources - perhaps they dont have artists in-house? or perhaps they hired another freelancer to complete the job, but they were unsatisfied with the result. Happens all the time!

A note - The head up there is goign to be the base model for all the high poly variants which I'll create for normal mapping in Zbrush.

Update again soon.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 18/02/06 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Hey Troy nice work :)
Any updates on the head? Just wondering how it will turn out. If you could tell us what brushes/method you use to detial would be helpfull, Im currently trying to do my own in zbrush and Im looking for any tips (especially in regards to generating realsitic looking wrinkles).

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 18/02/06 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Hey Mark, Cheers!

No updates just yet - tweaking the head a bit more and client has UPPED the budget on the hands so I'll be pushing some more detail in there, will post some updates soon.

Still a little while away from the high poly stuff just yet - but will get those up as things get approved and locked off etc.