Skip to main content

Flood Infestation Form

• All textures and renders are by myself, all models are by various friends and co workers, excluding the desert forerunner scene was modeled by me.

Submitted by DaneORoo on

Based on the Halo universe, this is a creature for my teams Halo Custom Edition single player mod. First thing I've ever actually done totally myself. Concept, Models, UV mapping and textures done in 3Ds Max, Mudbox, bodypaint 3D and Photoshop. Not calling it done yet though, any thoughts?

Submitted by DaneORoo on Mon, 08/09/08 - 3:25 PM Permalink

Just noticed the alpha shadow tracing and the volume light fucked up the transparency on the small tentacles in the renders so you can slightly see the planes. If I remove the volumetric light effect it's fine though, so go figure. I don't really know how to fix it other than maybe moving the lights and tweaking the density of the lighting.

Dane Brennand - Texture Artist

Posted by DaneORoo on

Based on the Halo universe, this is a creature for my teams Halo Custom Edition single player mod. First thing I've ever actually done totally myself. Concept, Models, UV mapping and textures done in 3Ds Max, Mudbox, bodypaint 3D and Photoshop. Not calling it done yet though, any thoughts?

Submitted by DaneORoo on Mon, 08/09/08 - 3:25 PM Permalink

Just noticed the alpha shadow tracing and the volume light fucked up the transparency on the small tentacles in the renders so you can slightly see the planes. If I remove the volumetric light effect it's fine though, so go figure. I don't really know how to fix it other than maybe moving the lights and tweaking the density of the lighting.

Dane Brennand - Texture Artist