Skip to main content

Character: Black Lord Updated

Submitted by metro3d on

Hi guys!

Here is my latest project - Black Lord. This model based on original character developed by Victor Surkov for the Etherlords game. I just want to make hi-poly version of this character. Modeling just started so any comments and suggestions are welcome [;)]

Here are You can find some shots
[url]http://metro3d.narod.ru/tempics.html[/url]

Best regards,
Metro3D
[url]http://metro3d.narod.ru[/url]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 08/09/03 - 12:17 PM Permalink

whoa.. Kicks ass..

Bet those tubes were fun.
No crits.. Looking good so far though.

Hey, are you in russia?

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 08/09/03 - 6:57 PM Permalink

PHWOAR!!

This is why I want to do some high poly stuff. Very cool.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 08/09/03 - 9:15 PM Permalink

Totally awesome.

Maybe you should enter the high poly comp if it ever happens, looking at your model you'd probably blow me away. Keep updating, i'd like to see it finished.

Submitted by TequilaBomber on Mon, 08/09/03 - 9:20 PM Permalink

I second Malus.. PHWOARRRRR!!!

Excellent pipeworks there.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 08/09/03 - 10:44 PM Permalink

looks good so far metro-
just a couple things

- the corners of your lips are too sharp. and pull them in some.
- top lip needs a litte more definition and changed a little so its not like the bottom lip
- that crease under the mouth is a bit strong.
- the ear is a little flat and sharp. just needs more roundness overall..if that makes sense.. :)
- his upper cheekbone line is following the wrong line. its cutting over the cheek.

my only suggestions on the general shape of his head are
- maybe pull in the sides of his mouth (under his cheekbones). give him that guy pierce look lol....just give him a little more shape.
- define the temple a little.

- only problem i see with your "suit" mesh is the inner lining behind his head. its not meeting flush with that suit. it looks like you have cloned it off the suit mesh then built off it. but then added more detail into the suit so when they are smoothed they dont meet up.

just an idea...where the pipes go into his head. maybe you could detail that a little more. make them "plug" in. just a thought.

keep it up :)

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 09/09/03 - 3:12 AM Permalink

Beside the changes that inglis pointed out, I think that the brow cerses the skin a little to much, which makes to eye socket over all look a little funny.

Very nice work on the tubes.

Submitted by Ninja on Tue, 09/09/03 - 5:29 AM Permalink

very nice work [:)] some very high iterations there...... well done

Submitted by metro3d on Tue, 09/09/03 - 1:46 PM Permalink

Hi, guys!

Thanks for comments I appreciate them very high.

Sorceror Bob - Yes, I am from Russia.
inglis - You have a great eye for details! Thanks, all Your comments are very usefull.

Best regards.
Metro 3D

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 09/09/03 - 10:31 PM Permalink

no problems. keep us updated with your progress.

Submitted by inglis (not verified) on Sat, 13/09/03 - 5:16 AM Permalink

very nice, i'ld say it's perfect if not for the minor lip flaw already pointed out.

Submitted by Idaho on Sun, 21/09/03 - 8:53 PM Permalink

Very nice work. I like the stylised way of modelling you have acheived. It reminds me of the chiselled features on the characters in the movie Ice Age.

My only suggestion is with the mufflers on his back, maybe the could look a bit more 'worn', and thicker metal overall. More bulky.

But All in all i really like the design, and cant wait to see it finished.

Posted by metro3d on

Hi guys!

Here is my latest project - Black Lord. This model based on original character developed by Victor Surkov for the Etherlords game. I just want to make hi-poly version of this character. Modeling just started so any comments and suggestions are welcome [;)]

Here are You can find some shots
[url]http://metro3d.narod.ru/tempics.html[/url]

Best regards,
Metro3D
[url]http://metro3d.narod.ru[/url]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 08/09/03 - 12:17 PM Permalink

whoa.. Kicks ass..

Bet those tubes were fun.
No crits.. Looking good so far though.

Hey, are you in russia?

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 08/09/03 - 6:57 PM Permalink

PHWOAR!!

This is why I want to do some high poly stuff. Very cool.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 08/09/03 - 9:15 PM Permalink

Totally awesome.

Maybe you should enter the high poly comp if it ever happens, looking at your model you'd probably blow me away. Keep updating, i'd like to see it finished.

Submitted by TequilaBomber on Mon, 08/09/03 - 9:20 PM Permalink

I second Malus.. PHWOARRRRR!!!

Excellent pipeworks there.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 08/09/03 - 10:44 PM Permalink

looks good so far metro-
just a couple things

- the corners of your lips are too sharp. and pull them in some.
- top lip needs a litte more definition and changed a little so its not like the bottom lip
- that crease under the mouth is a bit strong.
- the ear is a little flat and sharp. just needs more roundness overall..if that makes sense.. :)
- his upper cheekbone line is following the wrong line. its cutting over the cheek.

my only suggestions on the general shape of his head are
- maybe pull in the sides of his mouth (under his cheekbones). give him that guy pierce look lol....just give him a little more shape.
- define the temple a little.

- only problem i see with your "suit" mesh is the inner lining behind his head. its not meeting flush with that suit. it looks like you have cloned it off the suit mesh then built off it. but then added more detail into the suit so when they are smoothed they dont meet up.

just an idea...where the pipes go into his head. maybe you could detail that a little more. make them "plug" in. just a thought.

keep it up :)

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 09/09/03 - 3:12 AM Permalink

Beside the changes that inglis pointed out, I think that the brow cerses the skin a little to much, which makes to eye socket over all look a little funny.

Very nice work on the tubes.

Submitted by Ninja on Tue, 09/09/03 - 5:29 AM Permalink

very nice work [:)] some very high iterations there...... well done

Submitted by metro3d on Tue, 09/09/03 - 1:46 PM Permalink

Hi, guys!

Thanks for comments I appreciate them very high.

Sorceror Bob - Yes, I am from Russia.
inglis - You have a great eye for details! Thanks, all Your comments are very usefull.

Best regards.
Metro 3D

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 09/09/03 - 10:31 PM Permalink

no problems. keep us updated with your progress.

Submitted by inglis (not verified) on Sat, 13/09/03 - 5:16 AM Permalink

very nice, i'ld say it's perfect if not for the minor lip flaw already pointed out.

Submitted by Idaho on Sun, 21/09/03 - 8:53 PM Permalink

Very nice work. I like the stylised way of modelling you have acheived. It reminds me of the chiselled features on the characters in the movie Ice Age.

My only suggestion is with the mufflers on his back, maybe the could look a bit more 'worn', and thicker metal overall. More bulky.

But All in all i really like the design, and cant wait to see it finished.