Skip to main content

Career Opportunities at Auran

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Ann-Marie Hutson)

"Auran, one of the most exciting and dynamic companies in the interactive entertainment business is expanding. We are seeking talented and energetic individuals to join our games and development teams located in Brisbane, capital of sunny Queensland. If this sounds like you, then we want you to apply."

- Ann-Marie Hutson, Director of Human Resources

Positions Available-
Position - LEAD PROGRAMMER - Job Code - AUR0601

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Programmer will be responsible for the implementation of the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Artist and Lead Designer and identify appropriate technical solutions within budget and design constraints.

The Lead Programmer will divide his or her time between programming work and supervising the work of the other programming staff working on the game.

Essential

At least two years programming experience with one or more massively multiplayer games.
Minimum 4 years experience in a Software Engineering role necessary
Strong C++ programming skills
Strong 3D programming skills
Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Desirable

A degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
Intel Assembly Language programming skills
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential.
To apply for this position email careers@auran.com copying the position title and code from above and placing it in the subject line.

Position - LEAD DESIGNER - Job Code - AUR0602

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Designer will be responsible for the design of the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Programmer and Lead Artist and identify appropriate design solutions within technical and budget constraints.

The Lead Designer will divide his or her time between design work and supervising the work of the design staff working on the game.

Essential

At least two years design experience with one or more massively multiplayer games.
At least five years of games industry experience.
Good understanding of current technology as it relates to the games industry.
Desirable

A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
A strong programming or mathematical background
Knowledge in designing and creating game related tools.
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential
To apply for this position email careers@auran.com copying the position title and code from above and placing it in the subject line..

Position - LEAD ARTIST - Job Code - AUR0603

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Artist will be primarily responsible for the art in the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Programmer and Lead Designer and identify appropriate art solutions within technical and budget constraints.

The Lead Artist will divide his or her time between design work and supervising the work of the art staff working on the game.

Required Qualifications/Education

Essential

At least 5 years games industry experience
Art design and illustration skills.
Ability to create and texture high quality 2D/3D models.
Ability to document production processes.
Knowledge and experience of in-game art asset production.
Project management skills.
Understand the current technology as it relates to art production within the games industry.
Experience and knowledge with 3D Studio Max, Photoshop (and relevant plug-ins) and Character Studio.
Ability to work within a team environment required.
Desirable
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills required.
To apply for this position email careers@auran.com copying the position title and code from above and placing it in the subject line..

Please visit www.auran.com/auran/careers.htm for further information.

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Ann-Marie Hutson)

"Auran, one of the most exciting and dynamic companies in the interactive entertainment business is expanding. We are seeking talented and energetic individuals to join our games and development teams located in Brisbane, capital of sunny Queensland. If this sounds like you, then we want you to apply."

- Ann-Marie Hutson, Director of Human Resources

Positions Available-
Position - LEAD PROGRAMMER - Job Code - AUR0601

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Programmer will be responsible for the implementation of the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Artist and Lead Designer and identify appropriate technical solutions within budget and design constraints.

The Lead Programmer will divide his or her time between programming work and supervising the work of the other programming staff working on the game.

Essential

At least two years programming experience with one or more massively multiplayer games.
Minimum 4 years experience in a Software Engineering role necessary
Strong C++ programming skills
Strong 3D programming skills
Desirable

A degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
Intel Assembly Language programming skills
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential.
To apply for this position email careers@auran.com copying the position title and code from above and placing it in the subject line.

Position - LEAD DESIGNER - Job Code - AUR0602

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Designer will be responsible for the design of the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Programmer and Lead Artist and identify appropriate design solutions within technical and budget constraints.

The Lead Designer will divide his or her time between design work and supervising the work of the design staff working on the game.

Essential

At least two years design experience with one or more massively multiplayer games.
At least five years of games industry experience.
Good understanding of current technology as it relates to the games industry.
Desirable

A strong programming or mathematical background
Knowledge in designing and creating game related tools.
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential

Position - LEAD ARTIST - Job Code - AUR0603

Posted July 2, 2003

The Lead Artist will be primarily responsible for the art in the game. He or she will coordinate with the Project Director, Lead Programmer and Lead Designer and identify appropriate art solutions within technical and budget constraints.

The Lead Artist will divide his or her time between design work and supervising the work of the art staff working on the game.

Required Qualifications/Education

Essential

At least 5 years games industry experience
Art design and illustration skills.
Ability to create and texture high quality 2D/3D models.
Ability to document production processes.
Knowledge and experience of in-game art asset production.
Project management skills.
Understand the current technology as it relates to art production within the games industry.
Experience and knowledge with 3D Studio Max, Photoshop (and relevant plug-ins) and Character Studio.
Ability to work within a team environment required.
Desirable
Language Skills

Excellent English written and oral communication skills required.

Please visit www.auran.com/auran/careers.htm for further information.