Skip to main content

Sennheiser headphones

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Howdy,

I've got another question (Yes i know, im full of questions [;)]),
Im looking at getting a pair of Sennheiser headphones as opposed to PC speakers. I am currently looking at a pair of Sennheiser HD 570's - http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/04485

Can anyone guide me as too if these are a good pair for gaming, music etc...

Submitted by shiva on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:25 PM Permalink

i have a pair of sennheiser hd202's, and they are terrific (i wear them everyday at work, 8 hours a day)
so anything that they make that is considered better than the 202 you would think would be pretty damn good [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

Ok thanks, its just its description says it is good for classical music and i wasnt sure if it would be good for gaming [:p].

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:42 PM Permalink

From a Dj's / audiophile's perpsective, sennheiser make durable and good quality sounding headphones allround - they may not look the coolest - but that aint what counts, if you do get a pair, expect them not to crap out or break at weak points.

And expect the sound quality to stay sharp without deterioration for many years, even when your punishing them in those times where you absolutely must have the volumn so loud your ears bleed.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:46 PM Permalink

Thanks for the replys!

My brother has a pair which are closed (Blocks out noise from the world around you), and they are quite good. The pair i should be getting are open and are meant to have better quality then that of the closed pair.

I cant wait to rip through games with a pair of these babys! I always find headphones seem to put you in the game more [:)].

Submitted by Blitz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 5:53 AM Permalink

Cos they help block out the noist from your 5 PC fans :)
I think (particularly if you only have a 2 speaker setup) they give you better 3D effects.
CYer, Blitz

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Howdy,

I've got another question (Yes i know, im full of questions [;)]),
Im looking at getting a pair of Sennheiser headphones as opposed to PC speakers. I am currently looking at a pair of Sennheiser HD 570's - http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/04485

Can anyone guide me as too if these are a good pair for gaming, music etc...

Submitted by shiva on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:25 PM Permalink

i have a pair of sennheiser hd202's, and they are terrific (i wear them everyday at work, 8 hours a day)
so anything that they make that is considered better than the 202 you would think would be pretty damn good [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

Ok thanks, its just its description says it is good for classical music and i wasnt sure if it would be good for gaming [:p].

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:42 PM Permalink

From a Dj's / audiophile's perpsective, sennheiser make durable and good quality sounding headphones allround - they may not look the coolest - but that aint what counts, if you do get a pair, expect them not to crap out or break at weak points.

And expect the sound quality to stay sharp without deterioration for many years, even when your punishing them in those times where you absolutely must have the volumn so loud your ears bleed.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:46 PM Permalink

Thanks for the replys!

My brother has a pair which are closed (Blocks out noise from the world around you), and they are quite good. The pair i should be getting are open and are meant to have better quality then that of the closed pair.

I cant wait to rip through games with a pair of these babys! I always find headphones seem to put you in the game more [:)].

Submitted by Blitz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 5:53 AM Permalink

Cos they help block out the noist from your 5 PC fans :)
I think (particularly if you only have a 2 speaker setup) they give you better 3D effects.
CYer, Blitz