Skip to main content

Dominace War

Forum

Was just wondering if any other sumeans where entering in this years Dominance war? I just learnt about it and despite being up against so many pros I?m thinking ill try and make something, though I don?t know if i have the time to do it anymore now that I?m working full time doh !!!
Anyways I?m flying under the CGsociety banner and my WIP thread is here
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4182344
Nothing added yet I plan to have my concepts done by Monday, doing a dirty thief who specializes in claw weapons and poisons!

Would be great to see other people from here?s Wip thread I really dig seeing how you awesome people make your work!!

For those that don?t know it?s a world wide 3D modeling completion where you sign up as part of a website (id love to join as a sumean but alas I?m under CGsociety)
http://www.dominancewar.com/

Submitted by GuyBrave on Fri, 09/02/07 - 2:15 AM Permalink

Im going to attempt an entry, even though I know I am going to get totally pwned like a n00b..... it will be fun anyway..... Ill also be joining the polycount side (even though I have probably posted more on the cgsociety forums.... oh well.... I read polycount more).... no WIP thread from me yet, will update when started....

Submitted by PeterDavis on Fri, 09/02/07 - 4:56 AM Permalink

oooh. im going to TRY and join the CGtalk side, even if that means going up against shika, not that you'll ever see my Shadow coming ;)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 09/02/07 - 5:46 AM Permalink

Lookin good david ! lovin the green

Being pwned like a noob is fun as long as its the fantastic pro's doing it and not other noobs :P

Submitted by GuyBrave on Fri, 09/02/07 - 6:07 AM Permalink

no, that would be getting pwned BY a n00b..... which is far worse :)

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 09/02/07 - 6:38 AM Permalink

Wish I had the time, haven't done any personal work in months. :(

Submitted by Killa Dee on Sun, 11/02/07 - 12:48 PM Permalink

I was thinking about having a crack, lookin good shika.

I think ill join the 3d total side, maybe   

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 13/02/07 - 1:31 AM Permalink

Posted my concept up today!

Looking good Shane, say is he compensating for something with that massive weapon -_^ (which is uber)

Submitted by GuyBrave on Tue, 13/02/07 - 2:12 AM Permalink

no, no, not at all..... he is completely comfortable with himself, and the size of the weapon is for purely practical purposes only :)....... and he thinks it looks cool.....

I would check out your newly posted concept but for some reason I cant load the cgsociety forums at work :( no idea why.....

no wait, it finally loaded.... stoopid internet..... lookin cool.... those boots look familiar :)GuyBrave2007-02-12 15:49:14

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 21/02/07 - 1:27 AM Permalink

ugh im not going to finish on time :(

Submitted by GuyBrave on Wed, 21/02/07 - 1:40 AM Permalink

I dont think Im going to either.... stupid work :)

well, still gonna try anyway......

Submitted by shika on Thu, 22/02/07 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Hey lame-o's! YOU STILL HAVE A LITTLE OVER 3 WEEKS! Game's not over yet. You cant afford to put in an hour a night and a bit extra on the weekends?

Submitted by GuyBrave on Thu, 22/02/07 - 3:42 PM Permalink

your face is a lame-o..... I didnt say I was giving up......

:)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 23/02/07 - 6:48 AM Permalink

Hey i came fourth too !

I can finish if I dont have to submit a good normal map :P

render up soon

Submitted by Ninja on Sun, 25/02/07 - 6:10 PM Permalink

Hey killadee thanks for putting it up man.

im still putting up detail on that thing. its a ball breaker + work . ahhhhh .

Yours is comin up well too man keep it up.

Submitted by Savarn on Tue, 13/03/07 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Now that I've secured a job for the time being, I'm gonna try and complete this model! I started a little late and not all that confident yet with normal maps but gonna give it a go anyhow.

http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26628

Yeah, that's right. I'm opposing you all muahahahaha! :p

Submitted by Ninja on Tue, 13/03/07 - 7:33 PM Permalink

LOL thank god for that !
Shika are you still in ? Ninja2007-03-13 08:34:32

Submitted by GuyBrave on Wed, 14/03/07 - 3:09 AM Permalink

yep, I am also officially giving up, but I pretty much knew from the get go I was never really going to have time for this....

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 14/03/07 - 4:54 AM Permalink

I officially would never give up, unless someone told me they weren't giving out free t-shirts.

I have also seen some other ozy's posting entrys, but they haven't posted here like -->shadowbreeze<--

Looking good Savarn, tell us about your new job? (like where and what is your posi) KILLA DEE2007-03-13 17:55:10

Submitted by shika on Wed, 14/03/07 - 6:20 AM Permalink

I haven't been able to work on my entry for over a week now :(

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 14/03/07 - 6:45 AM Permalink

yay go savarn ! maybe you will finish this one -_^

Yes do tell about ur job, did you have to relocate?

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 14/03/07 - 9:27 AM Permalink

Do you get free chippies, and coke?

Submitted by Savarn on Thu, 15/03/07 - 10:39 AM Permalink

Oh and yes Neffy, I am still gonna finish that other one, I promise ... Eventually =P

Anyhoo, I've got a job at a service station for the moment while I'm working on my portfolio (shhh, don't tell them that though cause they expect me to be there for years).

I have been putting the feelers out there atm though, sent off my show reel to about 7 or 8 different places, only got three responses. One saying that they don't have a place for 3D artists at the moment but liked what they saw from my concept art and wanted to see more, unfortuantely once they saw more they decided that it wasn't the style they were looking for. The other places that responded said thanks for the interest but didn't have a position for me atm.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Thu, 15/03/07 - 11:19 AM Permalink

Sounds like you need to refine your demo and resume.

Don't give up, you an make it if you try. It may help to register with a couple of recruiters like datascope, interactive selections, opm etc. They usually will help you with you resume + they will give you pointers on refining your portfolio and stuff.

You can find most of the games recruiters at -->www.gamesindustry.biz

If you need XP, joining a MOD can help? www.moddb.comKILLA DEE2007-03-15 04:18:20

Submitted by Savarn on Fri, 16/03/07 - 12:59 AM Permalink

sweet, thanks for the tips!

Posted by Neffy on
Forum

Was just wondering if any other sumeans where entering in this years Dominance war? I just learnt about it and despite being up against so many pros I?m thinking ill try and make something, though I don?t know if i have the time to do it anymore now that I?m working full time doh !!!
Anyways I?m flying under the CGsociety banner and my WIP thread is here
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4182344
Nothing added yet I plan to have my concepts done by Monday, doing a dirty thief who specializes in claw weapons and poisons!

Would be great to see other people from here?s Wip thread I really dig seeing how you awesome people make your work!!

For those that don?t know it?s a world wide 3D modeling completion where you sign up as part of a website (id love to join as a sumean but alas I?m under CGsociety)
http://www.dominancewar.com/

Submitted by GuyBrave on Fri, 09/02/07 - 2:15 AM Permalink

Im going to attempt an entry, even though I know I am going to get totally pwned like a n00b..... it will be fun anyway..... Ill also be joining the polycount side (even though I have probably posted more on the cgsociety forums.... oh well.... I read polycount more).... no WIP thread from me yet, will update when started....

Submitted by PeterDavis on Fri, 09/02/07 - 4:56 AM Permalink

oooh. im going to TRY and join the CGtalk side, even if that means going up against shika, not that you'll ever see my Shadow coming ;)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 09/02/07 - 5:46 AM Permalink

Lookin good david ! lovin the green

Being pwned like a noob is fun as long as its the fantastic pro's doing it and not other noobs :P

Submitted by GuyBrave on Fri, 09/02/07 - 6:07 AM Permalink

no, that would be getting pwned BY a n00b..... which is far worse :)

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 09/02/07 - 6:38 AM Permalink

Wish I had the time, haven't done any personal work in months. :(

Submitted by Killa Dee on Sun, 11/02/07 - 12:48 PM Permalink

I was thinking about having a crack, lookin good shika.

I think ill join the 3d total side, maybe   

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 13/02/07 - 1:31 AM Permalink

Posted my concept up today!

Looking good Shane, say is he compensating for something with that massive weapon -_^ (which is uber)

Submitted by GuyBrave on Tue, 13/02/07 - 2:12 AM Permalink

no, no, not at all..... he is completely comfortable with himself, and the size of the weapon is for purely practical purposes only :)....... and he thinks it looks cool.....

I would check out your newly posted concept but for some reason I cant load the cgsociety forums at work :( no idea why.....

no wait, it finally loaded.... stoopid internet..... lookin cool.... those boots look familiar :)GuyBrave2007-02-12 15:49:14

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 21/02/07 - 1:27 AM Permalink

ugh im not going to finish on time :(

Submitted by GuyBrave on Wed, 21/02/07 - 1:40 AM Permalink

I dont think Im going to either.... stupid work :)

well, still gonna try anyway......

Submitted by shika on Thu, 22/02/07 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Hey lame-o's! YOU STILL HAVE A LITTLE OVER 3 WEEKS! Game's not over yet. You cant afford to put in an hour a night and a bit extra on the weekends?

Submitted by GuyBrave on Thu, 22/02/07 - 3:42 PM Permalink

your face is a lame-o..... I didnt say I was giving up......

:)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 23/02/07 - 6:48 AM Permalink

Hey i came fourth too !

I can finish if I dont have to submit a good normal map :P

render up soon

Submitted by Ninja on Sun, 25/02/07 - 6:10 PM Permalink

Hey killadee thanks for putting it up man.

im still putting up detail on that thing. its a ball breaker + work . ahhhhh .

Yours is comin up well too man keep it up.

Submitted by Savarn on Tue, 13/03/07 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Now that I've secured a job for the time being, I'm gonna try and complete this model! I started a little late and not all that confident yet with normal maps but gonna give it a go anyhow.

http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26628

Yeah, that's right. I'm opposing you all muahahahaha! :p

Submitted by Ninja on Tue, 13/03/07 - 7:33 PM Permalink

LOL thank god for that !
Shika are you still in ? Ninja2007-03-13 08:34:32

Submitted by GuyBrave on Wed, 14/03/07 - 3:09 AM Permalink

yep, I am also officially giving up, but I pretty much knew from the get go I was never really going to have time for this....

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 14/03/07 - 4:54 AM Permalink

I officially would never give up, unless someone told me they weren't giving out free t-shirts.

I have also seen some other ozy's posting entrys, but they haven't posted here like -->shadowbreeze<--

Looking good Savarn, tell us about your new job? (like where and what is your posi) KILLA DEE2007-03-13 17:55:10

Submitted by shika on Wed, 14/03/07 - 6:20 AM Permalink

I haven't been able to work on my entry for over a week now :(

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 14/03/07 - 6:45 AM Permalink

yay go savarn ! maybe you will finish this one -_^

Yes do tell about ur job, did you have to relocate?

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 14/03/07 - 9:27 AM Permalink

Do you get free chippies, and coke?

Submitted by Savarn on Thu, 15/03/07 - 10:39 AM Permalink

Oh and yes Neffy, I am still gonna finish that other one, I promise ... Eventually =P

Anyhoo, I've got a job at a service station for the moment while I'm working on my portfolio (shhh, don't tell them that though cause they expect me to be there for years).

I have been putting the feelers out there atm though, sent off my show reel to about 7 or 8 different places, only got three responses. One saying that they don't have a place for 3D artists at the moment but liked what they saw from my concept art and wanted to see more, unfortuantely once they saw more they decided that it wasn't the style they were looking for. The other places that responded said thanks for the interest but didn't have a position for me atm.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Thu, 15/03/07 - 11:19 AM Permalink

Sounds like you need to refine your demo and resume.

Don't give up, you an make it if you try. It may help to register with a couple of recruiters like datascope, interactive selections, opm etc. They usually will help you with you resume + they will give you pointers on refining your portfolio and stuff.

You can find most of the games recruiters at -->www.gamesindustry.biz

If you need XP, joining a MOD can help? www.moddb.comKILLA DEE2007-03-15 04:18:20

Submitted by Savarn on Fri, 16/03/07 - 12:59 AM Permalink

sweet, thanks for the tips!