Skip to main content

Retired Nintendo boss interview

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Wow, I just read a Wired interview with Nintendo's Hiroshi Yamauchi, recently retired head honcho of Nintendo. It's pretty eye opening stuff, and he's certainly got some interesting stuff to say. He apparently said to Steve Balmer "Hey Ballmer why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls." when Microsoft wanted to buy them out [:0] [:0] He seems to badmouth everyone, from Sony, Sega, to Capcom, and also says the PSP is awful and is shaped like a penis [:0]

http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 07/01/05 - 11:16 AM Permalink

lol yamauchi was famous for being the crazy bastard at the top, ive heard a few stories about him and how he basically says what he likes. regardless of what that does for nintendo

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 07/01/05 - 11:58 AM Permalink

Yamauchi is a champion - and IMO hes got the western mentality and ethics right on the button.

Submitted by Delmo on Fri, 07/01/05 - 1:22 PM Permalink

I've always been a fan of ninti and what it stands for. He sure does have alot of pride. I think the PSP is ganna be a success, my mate got one from Japan and says it rocks.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Fri, 07/01/05 - 1:40 PM Permalink

Same here, Nintendos have always rocked and you always got a good reliable product from them :) I can't wait to get a DS!!!

Yamauchi rocks. Hes made a great enterprise!

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 07/01/05 - 9:42 PM Permalink

When I originally read Souri's topic for this post I thought they were interviewing Bowser. Guess not :P

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 08/01/05 - 3:29 AM Permalink

That was a great article, that guys sort of nuts, hes awesome, I printed out a copy of it. I'm glad he put microsoft in their place.

Is anyone else here itching to see the Nintendo Revolution? [:D]

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sat, 08/01/05 - 12:08 PM Permalink

I mean sure, he shows passion and dedication, but gees, these days you don't go off and bag everyone on the planet do you?

At least not in a mainstream magazine like Wired. I can see the average American joe sitting there nodding his head - "yeah.. yeah we are fat and arrogant. That Nintendo guy is right you know. How about that."

Boy, national patriotism is one thing, but business is surely another, especially in the position Nintendo is in the market.

I must admit though, it's VERY refreshing to hear those statements from him. Not the buttered up crap that we hear from the average media savvy company representative.

Ah, the corporate world. You just gotta love it.

Submitted by Gazunta on Sun, 09/01/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Sorry guys, the whole interview is a big, fat fake.

A complete fabrication.

Made up.

Not true.

Incorrect.

Etc.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 09/01/05 - 11:26 AM Permalink

oh [:(].. I got the link off a gaming website (not a fansite or anything like that). They made a comment that page scans from print magazines which were then displayed on the net wasn't proper, so I thought the article was legit. [:)]

Submitted by smeg on Tue, 11/01/05 - 8:40 AM Permalink

gazunta = spoil sport

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 27/01/05 - 8:43 AM Permalink

fack or not it's still pretty funny!

how do you know it's made up though Gazunta?

Posted by souri on
Forum

Wow, I just read a Wired interview with Nintendo's Hiroshi Yamauchi, recently retired head honcho of Nintendo. It's pretty eye opening stuff, and he's certainly got some interesting stuff to say. He apparently said to Steve Balmer "Hey Ballmer why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls." when Microsoft wanted to buy them out [:0] [:0] He seems to badmouth everyone, from Sony, Sega, to Capcom, and also says the PSP is awful and is shaped like a penis [:0]

http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 07/01/05 - 11:16 AM Permalink

lol yamauchi was famous for being the crazy bastard at the top, ive heard a few stories about him and how he basically says what he likes. regardless of what that does for nintendo

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 07/01/05 - 11:58 AM Permalink

Yamauchi is a champion - and IMO hes got the western mentality and ethics right on the button.

Submitted by Delmo on Fri, 07/01/05 - 1:22 PM Permalink

I've always been a fan of ninti and what it stands for. He sure does have alot of pride. I think the PSP is ganna be a success, my mate got one from Japan and says it rocks.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Fri, 07/01/05 - 1:40 PM Permalink

Same here, Nintendos have always rocked and you always got a good reliable product from them :) I can't wait to get a DS!!!

Yamauchi rocks. Hes made a great enterprise!

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 07/01/05 - 9:42 PM Permalink

When I originally read Souri's topic for this post I thought they were interviewing Bowser. Guess not :P

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 08/01/05 - 3:29 AM Permalink

That was a great article, that guys sort of nuts, hes awesome, I printed out a copy of it. I'm glad he put microsoft in their place.

Is anyone else here itching to see the Nintendo Revolution? [:D]

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sat, 08/01/05 - 12:08 PM Permalink

I mean sure, he shows passion and dedication, but gees, these days you don't go off and bag everyone on the planet do you?

At least not in a mainstream magazine like Wired. I can see the average American joe sitting there nodding his head - "yeah.. yeah we are fat and arrogant. That Nintendo guy is right you know. How about that."

Boy, national patriotism is one thing, but business is surely another, especially in the position Nintendo is in the market.

I must admit though, it's VERY refreshing to hear those statements from him. Not the buttered up crap that we hear from the average media savvy company representative.

Ah, the corporate world. You just gotta love it.

Submitted by Gazunta on Sun, 09/01/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Sorry guys, the whole interview is a big, fat fake.

A complete fabrication.

Made up.

Not true.

Incorrect.

Etc.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 09/01/05 - 11:26 AM Permalink

oh [:(].. I got the link off a gaming website (not a fansite or anything like that). They made a comment that page scans from print magazines which were then displayed on the net wasn't proper, so I thought the article was legit. [:)]

Submitted by smeg on Tue, 11/01/05 - 8:40 AM Permalink

gazunta = spoil sport

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 27/01/05 - 8:43 AM Permalink

fack or not it's still pretty funny!

how do you know it's made up though Gazunta?