Skip to main content

First real attempt at a head

Submitted by Octane on

Hi havent been here in ages.
i've been really trying lately to get this done and i think now it is... maybe not, let me know
thanks.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Octane/20064523254_First-head.jpg"]First-head.jpg[/url]
16.1 KB

Submitted by tedledz on Thu, 06/04/06 - 8:07 AM Permalink

Hi, Octane Im no pro, but it might help if you post some bigger images and with different shots so we can help you out.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 06/04/06 - 10:41 PM Permalink

i recently embarked on the same project and your allready miles ahead of me :P second what tedledz said, larger orthographics would help crit

Submitted by Horror on Fri, 07/04/06 - 7:12 AM Permalink

Hi Octane

The structure of the face is looking good. The side of the face looks like it needs some work though. It looks a bit like a chessboard at the moment (I assume you started with a segmented cube) and there's quite a few polys there that are unnecessary. There are many ways to skin a cat, but it looks good if the mesh structure has a circular flow to it opposed to horizontal and vertical lines. The ears look like they need to be pushed forward towards the face and the back of the skull looks like it needs to be pushed back out away from the neck. It's looking good so keep working at it.

Posted by Octane on

Hi havent been here in ages.
i've been really trying lately to get this done and i think now it is... maybe not, let me know
thanks.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Octane/20064523254_First-head.jpg"]First-head.jpg[/url]
16.1 KB

Submitted by tedledz on Thu, 06/04/06 - 8:07 AM Permalink

Hi, Octane Im no pro, but it might help if you post some bigger images and with different shots so we can help you out.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 06/04/06 - 10:41 PM Permalink

i recently embarked on the same project and your allready miles ahead of me :P second what tedledz said, larger orthographics would help crit

Submitted by Horror on Fri, 07/04/06 - 7:12 AM Permalink

Hi Octane

The structure of the face is looking good. The side of the face looks like it needs some work though. It looks a bit like a chessboard at the moment (I assume you started with a segmented cube) and there's quite a few polys there that are unnecessary. There are many ways to skin a cat, but it looks good if the mesh structure has a circular flow to it opposed to horizontal and vertical lines. The ears look like they need to be pushed forward towards the face and the back of the skull looks like it needs to be pushed back out away from the neck. It's looking good so keep working at it.