Skip to main content

Help me please - 3D Engine

Submitted by amckern on
Forum

Hey All!

I am woking on my own 3d Engine - "Mr. Microwave"

I was wondering how i would be able to market it, much like liftech of the by gone dx 7 era

I have only markted mods before and this was easy, becuase of the way the Half Life comunity is setup.

How ever this is a new concept for me, and my small team, so I need advice on how I can market Mr. Microwave

Now is there any agents, outside of publishers, that I might be able to help me, and if so who are they?

If i can market through publishers, who is the better? Examples might be - Serria, MS, Take 2, Activison, GOD Games (enter your ideas here)...

If you after media on Mr. Microwave, then please contact me at amckern@hl2hosting.com

Adam "amckern" McKern

Submitted by souri on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:20 AM Permalink

I've moved this post here, since it's disappearing off the page in the general section..

I think what most people to 'sell' their engines to publishers or others is to make a playable game demo..

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 20/11/03 - 8:08 AM Permalink

My guess would be, setup a webpage detailing your product, post in shitloads of gaming forums about it, try and get gaming websites to write some articles about it, call or e-mail magazines.
Let people purchase it online atc etc. Create a game with it.

Posted by amckern on
Forum

Hey All!

I am woking on my own 3d Engine - "Mr. Microwave"

I was wondering how i would be able to market it, much like liftech of the by gone dx 7 era

I have only markted mods before and this was easy, becuase of the way the Half Life comunity is setup.

How ever this is a new concept for me, and my small team, so I need advice on how I can market Mr. Microwave

Now is there any agents, outside of publishers, that I might be able to help me, and if so who are they?

If i can market through publishers, who is the better? Examples might be - Serria, MS, Take 2, Activison, GOD Games (enter your ideas here)...

If you after media on Mr. Microwave, then please contact me at amckern@hl2hosting.com

Adam "amckern" McKern

Submitted by souri on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:20 AM Permalink

I've moved this post here, since it's disappearing off the page in the general section..

I think what most people to 'sell' their engines to publishers or others is to make a playable game demo..

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 20/11/03 - 8:08 AM Permalink

My guess would be, setup a webpage detailing your product, post in shitloads of gaming forums about it, try and get gaming websites to write some articles about it, call or e-mail magazines.
Let people purchase it online atc etc. Create a game with it.