Skip to main content

New Game: Polychromatic Funk Monkey

Submitted by FarbsJW on

Hi Sumea,

I recently finished a game. It's a weird platformer / puzzle hybrid. It's free, it's fun, and it's waiting for your download. Also it looks an awful lot like this:

Lemme know what you think!

<3
FarbsFarbsJW2007-07-03 17:23:02

Submitted by souri on Wed, 04/07/07 - 4:04 AM Permalink

Hey man, I downloaded it and had a go. Pretty cool

If I could make a suggestion, that would be change the '0' key (to place the blobs) to somewhere closer to the spacebar, so your left hand doesn't have to stretch to far to control those two keys. You know, I reckon you should put a level editor in game so people could make some wicked levels in there with those tiles .. or even open it up somehow so people can build their own tiles. That would be awesome

Submitted by FarbsJW on Wed, 04/07/07 - 4:19 AM Permalink

Cheer! I used the 0 key because as you play you open up a whole bunch of teleports, so all the number keys get used. I agree that it's annoying having to move your left hand, but it's probably better than using a random assortment of keys or using one key to toggle between teleports.

I hadn't considered making a level editor 'cos the whole map is automagically generated. It is a pretty cool idea though. I'll have a think about it. FarbsJW2007-07-03 18:20:00

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 04/07/07 - 10:46 AM Permalink

I was playing and kept getting stuck trying to bring more blocks over to make paths up to the different height lvls, i think it was because when your carrying blocks your jump size decreases (does it or was that my imagination 0.o) which makes sense, but it made it frustrating having to go and get more blocks to make it back up the path.

I like it tho :) cute style

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 04/07/07 - 5:00 PM Permalink

After getting to 1, the game started to become less fun and more falling down and trying to put blocks in the right place without getting stuck. Perhaps making it easier to remove and place blocks around the player would help? Otherwise, very cool idea and style :)

Posted by FarbsJW on

Hi Sumea,

I recently finished a game. It's a weird platformer / puzzle hybrid. It's free, it's fun, and it's waiting for your download. Also it looks an awful lot like this:

Lemme know what you think!

<3
FarbsFarbsJW2007-07-03 17:23:02

Submitted by souri on Wed, 04/07/07 - 4:04 AM Permalink

Hey man, I downloaded it and had a go. Pretty cool

If I could make a suggestion, that would be change the '0' key (to place the blobs) to somewhere closer to the spacebar, so your left hand doesn't have to stretch to far to control those two keys. You know, I reckon you should put a level editor in game so people could make some wicked levels in there with those tiles .. or even open it up somehow so people can build their own tiles. That would be awesome

Submitted by FarbsJW on Wed, 04/07/07 - 4:19 AM Permalink

Cheer! I used the 0 key because as you play you open up a whole bunch of teleports, so all the number keys get used. I agree that it's annoying having to move your left hand, but it's probably better than using a random assortment of keys or using one key to toggle between teleports.

I hadn't considered making a level editor 'cos the whole map is automagically generated. It is a pretty cool idea though. I'll have a think about it. FarbsJW2007-07-03 18:20:00

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 04/07/07 - 10:46 AM Permalink

I was playing and kept getting stuck trying to bring more blocks over to make paths up to the different height lvls, i think it was because when your carrying blocks your jump size decreases (does it or was that my imagination 0.o) which makes sense, but it made it frustrating having to go and get more blocks to make it back up the path.

I like it tho :) cute style

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 04/07/07 - 5:00 PM Permalink

After getting to 1, the game started to become less fun and more falling down and trying to put blocks in the right place without getting stuck. Perhaps making it easier to remove and place blocks around the player would help? Otherwise, very cool idea and style :)