Skip to main content

Do US politicians have brains at all?

Submitted by lorien on
Forum

This is spreading around the 'net pretty quick, it's really quite incredible.

Senator Ted Stevens illustrating his competence in the mediumn he voted to destroy.

from http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/?entry_id=1512499
quote:
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

Now we have a separate Department of Defense internet now, did you know that?

Do you know why?

Because they have to have theirs delivered immediately. They can't afford getting delayed by other people.

He's one of the twits who has destroyed net neutrality.

If you follow the link you will find the blog is called "27B Stroke 6" which is the form that drove the central services air conditioning mechanics insane in the film Brazil by Terry Gilliam.

Submitted by lorien on Tue, 04/07/06 - 8:46 AM Permalink

He doesn't understand the difference between a single email and the internet...

quote:
Ten of them streaming across that internet and what happens to your own personal internet?

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Did someone hire this guy to explain video games to Phil Ruddock?

Submitted by Grover on Thu, 06/07/06 - 12:55 PM Permalink

Wow - thats some pretty scary rambling. Especially the last bit when he tries to wrap it up as a reason for not having any change to net neutrailty. Man, you gotta wonder what these people are smoking.

Why not get advice? In a position like that? Surely they would have consultants to provide a decent picture for this nugget to understand? mah.. more examples of the stupidity of the US and their policy making I guess :)

Posted by lorien on
Forum

This is spreading around the 'net pretty quick, it's really quite incredible.

Senator Ted Stevens illustrating his competence in the mediumn he voted to destroy.

from http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/?entry_id=1512499
quote:
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

Now we have a separate Department of Defense internet now, did you know that?

Do you know why?

Because they have to have theirs delivered immediately. They can't afford getting delayed by other people.

He's one of the twits who has destroyed net neutrality.

If you follow the link you will find the blog is called "27B Stroke 6" which is the form that drove the central services air conditioning mechanics insane in the film Brazil by Terry Gilliam.

Submitted by lorien on Tue, 04/07/06 - 8:46 AM Permalink

He doesn't understand the difference between a single email and the internet...

quote:
Ten of them streaming across that internet and what happens to your own personal internet?

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Did someone hire this guy to explain video games to Phil Ruddock?

Submitted by Grover on Thu, 06/07/06 - 12:55 PM Permalink

Wow - thats some pretty scary rambling. Especially the last bit when he tries to wrap it up as a reason for not having any change to net neutrailty. Man, you gotta wonder what these people are smoking.

Why not get advice? In a position like that? Surely they would have consultants to provide a decent picture for this nugget to understand? mah.. more examples of the stupidity of the US and their policy making I guess :)