Skip to main content

Astro boys back

Submitted by adie on
Forum

just thought id Let peopele know if u didnt know already that astroboy is Back on tv with all new advetures 5:25pm thursdays..this time its Better animation Better FX but lamer voices(I like the old ones better, only Two guyes that did all of them in the orig) . I wish I'd known sooners as it looks like Iv missed 7 already [V]

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 04/06/04 - 8:23 AM Permalink

You missed this thread [url]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=401&whichpage=2[/url]

Too bad you missed the start of the serries, I thought the first episode was great - with Astro being created and discovering he could fly.

I agree that this version is much better then the old one, and it seems to be getting better. Tonight's episode had Astro rocketing through train tunnels, which was done very well, with cool shock-wave type effects.

Not every fan of the classic seems to like it though. One of my friends hates it and said it had been "Digimond", which I don't really understand. I think maybe the modern music and new voices wreck it for some people. Or maybe they remember the Astro from their childhood through rose-coloured glasses?

Anyway, I love the new serries and watch it religiously [:D].
I wonder how long until someone makes a movie, or game? Or both? A 3D animated movie would rock!

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 05/06/04 - 3:06 AM Permalink

I think its good they brought him back but i also think its sad. I knew the new series would be crapper and start a new line of merchandise.

AstroBoy is a thing to remember, a childhood dream. Not a franchise milker [;)], which in my eyes seems to be what it is transforming into.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 07/06/04 - 4:07 PM Permalink

You know, I keep on missing all the episodes [:(]. I only managed to see one entire episode. I forgot what it was called, but it was the remake of the old "the lightray robot". The animation was great, but they changed the story and made it more easier for the kids. There was no tragedy and everything finished with a happy ending.

I think there's a dvd release planned, so I might look into that sometime [:D]

Submitted by Morphine on Thu, 10/06/04 - 7:28 AM Permalink

Wow! I can't wait to see the new series. I can bearly remember Astroboy when I was really young.

I remember one episode when Astroboy's girlfriend died, I cried [:(]

Submitted by adie on Sat, 12/06/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

yeah the game looks cool!! but the model of astro is a bit crappy dosent have all his fingers
I only seen 2 epersodes now i liked the train one but the last one was crappy, seamed like there was all seens cut out or somthing. And I think they should have used the old music for the sad bits, and the starting music just plain sucks

Posted by adie on
Forum

just thought id Let peopele know if u didnt know already that astroboy is Back on tv with all new advetures 5:25pm thursdays..this time its Better animation Better FX but lamer voices(I like the old ones better, only Two guyes that did all of them in the orig) . I wish I'd known sooners as it looks like Iv missed 7 already [V]

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 04/06/04 - 8:23 AM Permalink

You missed this thread [url]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=401&whichpage=2[/url]

Too bad you missed the start of the serries, I thought the first episode was great - with Astro being created and discovering he could fly.

I agree that this version is much better then the old one, and it seems to be getting better. Tonight's episode had Astro rocketing through train tunnels, which was done very well, with cool shock-wave type effects.

Not every fan of the classic seems to like it though. One of my friends hates it and said it had been "Digimond", which I don't really understand. I think maybe the modern music and new voices wreck it for some people. Or maybe they remember the Astro from their childhood through rose-coloured glasses?

Anyway, I love the new serries and watch it religiously [:D].
I wonder how long until someone makes a movie, or game? Or both? A 3D animated movie would rock!

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 05/06/04 - 3:06 AM Permalink

I think its good they brought him back but i also think its sad. I knew the new series would be crapper and start a new line of merchandise.

AstroBoy is a thing to remember, a childhood dream. Not a franchise milker [;)], which in my eyes seems to be what it is transforming into.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 07/06/04 - 4:07 PM Permalink

You know, I keep on missing all the episodes [:(]. I only managed to see one entire episode. I forgot what it was called, but it was the remake of the old "the lightray robot". The animation was great, but they changed the story and made it more easier for the kids. There was no tragedy and everything finished with a happy ending.

I think there's a dvd release planned, so I might look into that sometime [:D]

Submitted by Morphine on Thu, 10/06/04 - 7:28 AM Permalink

Wow! I can't wait to see the new series. I can bearly remember Astroboy when I was really young.

I remember one episode when Astroboy's girlfriend died, I cried [:(]

Submitted by adie on Sat, 12/06/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

yeah the game looks cool!! but the model of astro is a bit crappy dosent have all his fingers
I only seen 2 epersodes now i liked the train one but the last one was crappy, seamed like there was all seens cut out or somthing. And I think they should have used the old music for the sad bits, and the starting music just plain sucks