Skip to main content

Bring US GameCube here?

Submitted by meexia on
Forum

Anyone ever had US GameCube here in Australia? Does it work properly with the multisystem TV? Ever had any problem? How about the voltage?

I'm thinking to get one, since some Pal version of GameCube games are so hard to get, it's making me sick! [:X] I might as well buy the US GameCube and games altogether.

Anyone wants to share the experience? Will be helpful! Thanx [:)]

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 03/03/05 - 11:21 AM Permalink

the gamecube has an external power supply, so you can easily buy a more suitable one. The only problem would be if your TV doesn't support NTSC.

Have a look at http://www.burn.com.au

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 03/03/05 - 11:29 PM Permalink

You could just grab an action replay disk which allows you play PAL / NTSC games. Its legal, but means youll have to do your games shopping online unless you live near a "burn" store.

Submitted by meexia on Fri, 04/03/05 - 3:14 AM Permalink

I'm not sure what you mean by "replay disk" and "burn store". [?]

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 04/03/05 - 10:01 AM Permalink

As palantir graciously found the link - you can use the freeloader / action replay disk to load up other regions games. Burn is the name of the store thats near my house - they stock this cd. It would be alot cheaper alternative to importing a gamecube just for the sake of playing different regions titles.

Submitted by DaMunkee on Fri, 04/03/05 - 11:39 PM Permalink

I moved here from the USA and brought my GameCube, I just slapped a step down transformer on the power supply, I have a multisystem TV and it works without any problems what so ever. plus i have access to like 10x more games :)

Submitted by meexia on Sat, 05/03/05 - 1:57 AM Permalink

Thanx a lot everyone. At least now I know more about the options =)

Posted by meexia on
Forum

Anyone ever had US GameCube here in Australia? Does it work properly with the multisystem TV? Ever had any problem? How about the voltage?

I'm thinking to get one, since some Pal version of GameCube games are so hard to get, it's making me sick! [:X] I might as well buy the US GameCube and games altogether.

Anyone wants to share the experience? Will be helpful! Thanx [:)]

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 03/03/05 - 11:21 AM Permalink

the gamecube has an external power supply, so you can easily buy a more suitable one. The only problem would be if your TV doesn't support NTSC.

Have a look at http://www.burn.com.au

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 03/03/05 - 11:29 PM Permalink

You could just grab an action replay disk which allows you play PAL / NTSC games. Its legal, but means youll have to do your games shopping online unless you live near a "burn" store.

Submitted by meexia on Fri, 04/03/05 - 3:14 AM Permalink

I'm not sure what you mean by "replay disk" and "burn store". [?]

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 04/03/05 - 10:01 AM Permalink

As palantir graciously found the link - you can use the freeloader / action replay disk to load up other regions games. Burn is the name of the store thats near my house - they stock this cd. It would be alot cheaper alternative to importing a gamecube just for the sake of playing different regions titles.

Submitted by DaMunkee on Fri, 04/03/05 - 11:39 PM Permalink

I moved here from the USA and brought my GameCube, I just slapped a step down transformer on the power supply, I have a multisystem TV and it works without any problems what so ever. plus i have access to like 10x more games :)

Submitted by meexia on Sat, 05/03/05 - 1:57 AM Permalink

Thanx a lot everyone. At least now I know more about the options =)