Skip to main content

tsumea modeller challenge #10 - Shika

top row: trying an idea on for size. African mob boss, gotham knight syle taken to a gritty level of detail. still pondering the back story.

bottom row: poop. a more ridiculous pigeon lady. not working just yet.

pretty boring so far, need more inspiration :(

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Tue, 02/09/08 - 2:13 AM Permalink

Hey man good to see you in this comp. Loved your entry last year.

This time I may actually finish this comp.

Looking forward to see what you com up with.
I like the very first and third proportions To me they seem the most appropriate. The pigeon lady well has potential. She could send homing pigeons to her marks with holding a note with a feather in it or something along those lines. Mabe don't make it so ridiculous, As that is not what Chris Nolan is about... his more real and dark. Give her a few feather flourishes or a big hat. I would say dont make her over the top. But as always nice silhouettes.

Submitted by shika on Wed, 03/09/08 - 11:34 PM Permalink

thanks Kookiemunster
yeah, those were my thoughts as well, the bird lady isn't Chris Nolan material at all....designing a character that fits into the Chris Nolan Batman universe has been my biggest worry.

BUT I just had a closer read of the brief!

"Taking the cue from Chris Nolan's realistic and gritty approach to the Batman films, your villian *must* be modern-day and entirely plausable."

would it be wrong to interpret that as meaning our designs don't actually have to align with Chris Nolan's vision of Gotham City? only that the design has to be modern and plausible?
if not, woot

some gadgeteer silhouettes

worked up details from the other silhouettes

Posted by shika on

top row: trying an idea on for size. African mob boss, gotham knight syle taken to a gritty level of detail. still pondering the back story.

bottom row: poop. a more ridiculous pigeon lady. not working just yet.

pretty boring so far, need more inspiration :(

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Tue, 02/09/08 - 2:13 AM Permalink

Hey man good to see you in this comp. Loved your entry last year.

This time I may actually finish this comp.

Looking forward to see what you com up with.
I like the very first and third proportions To me they seem the most appropriate. The pigeon lady well has potential. She could send homing pigeons to her marks with holding a note with a feather in it or something along those lines. Mabe don't make it so ridiculous, As that is not what Chris Nolan is about... his more real and dark. Give her a few feather flourishes or a big hat. I would say dont make her over the top. But as always nice silhouettes.

Submitted by shika on Wed, 03/09/08 - 11:34 PM Permalink

thanks Kookiemunster
yeah, those were my thoughts as well, the bird lady isn't Chris Nolan material at all....designing a character that fits into the Chris Nolan Batman universe has been my biggest worry.

BUT I just had a closer read of the brief!

"Taking the cue from Chris Nolan's realistic and gritty approach to the Batman films, your villian *must* be modern-day and entirely plausable."

would it be wrong to interpret that as meaning our designs don't actually have to align with Chris Nolan's vision of Gotham City? only that the design has to be modern and plausible?
if not, woot

some gadgeteer silhouettes

worked up details from the other silhouettes