Skip to main content

e3 Booth Babes

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I thought [url="http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/report/e3expo2004_babes/page01.php"]this was an interesting read[/url].. it's an article on the e3 booth babes and their thoughts on the trade show/conference...

quote:"It's weird when they put their arms around me," she replies, "but then I feel them shaking and I'm like, whatever, if it's so important to you . . . it's funny when guys come up to me and tell me that it's their first time touching a girl."
Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/07/04 - 6:21 PM Permalink

I always find the booth babe thing so funny. It is cool to read what I thought. No guys just actually walk up and start talking to them.

""It's funny that people act this way over little stuffed toys," I say to another of the girls, Jessica, who is standing a few paces away. She smiles and nods in agreement. "I've been handing out buttons, screen-cleaners, and all kinds of things, and there have been people attacking us for free stuff. People will walk up to us and just try to grab it.""

It's good to see that people's priorities are right. Stealing little stuffed toys over hitting on booth babes :p

And for those who need reason why booth babes should be cherished....
http://catsonmars.com/otaku/cosplay/
Do you really want to see more of these people running around? Well? Do you? Thought not.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 7:18 PM Permalink

I find the whole booth babe thing quite funny as well. It's also funny how she says that for most of them that it's the first time touching a girl. The nerds are shaking when they see a girl, i just find it funny.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 02/07/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Meh, sex sells, we see it in the games and we see it in the movies and we see it in the conventions. Its still a bit of a laugh though i spose :P

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 02/07/04 - 11:14 PM Permalink

Need more booth babes - or just girls, for the AGDC :-)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

it's got to be embarrassing wearing that stuff though.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 03/07/04 - 5:12 AM Permalink

A friend of mine who has done booth babe work, was paid $475US per hour, Hell even I would wear what they are wearing for that amount. [:D]

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 03/07/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by HazarD

A friend of mine who has done booth babe work, was paid $475US per hour, Hell even I would wear what they are wearing for that amount. [:D]

I DEMAND PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF!!!! Mainly as I just want to see you dressed like a chick :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 03/07/04 - 6:47 AM Permalink

holy mother of god...... wow, that really puts my part time wage into perspective

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 03/07/04 - 9:58 AM Permalink

That's why they keep on continuously getting attractive around college age girls doing that work. One or two conferences and they've got at least a quarter of the year accounted for...

That and there's always been babes involves in selling products, IIRC there's scientific proof that people would buy anything from an attractive woman. Especially men.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 03/07/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Aven : [:O] At least if I did post photos of that nature inglis couldnt makem any worse [;)]

She ended up with about 13K US for 3 days work aparently she was pretty upset as she was only getting paid AVERAGE also. This was for a car show in the States a year back, not sure what the pay is like for e3 etc.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 03/07/04 - 3:10 PM Permalink

quote:
Originally posted by HazarD:
A friend of mine who has done booth babe work, was paid $475US per hour, Hell even I would wear what they are wearing for that amount.

quote:
Originally posted by Aven:
I DEMAND PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF!!!! Mainly as I just want to see you dressed like a chick :D

So Aven, you'd pay Hazard $475US to dress up like a chick?:P What the? [:X]
[;)]

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 04/07/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

plaintir: That's $475US an hour.... :-)
So if he stays dressed up as a chick for days at a time in public (doesn't count in private), he could be in for quite a bill..

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 04/07/04 - 11:19 PM Permalink

Man, American gamers must be complete geeks though to be shaking nerdily when they are around women...

*sigh*

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 06/07/04 - 6:32 PM Permalink

Crap. I completely forgot about this thread. If HazarD shaves/waxes his legs, stuffs a bra and at least tries to put on some make-up. Then it maayyyyy be worth the.... nah. You're probably all correct. It would be a waste of money :p

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 06/07/04 - 9:05 PM Permalink

lol i love that, when people just randomly include a bunch of dancing girls for no apparent reason. Happened at a extreme sport show once (cant remember the actual name), and they didnt even tell the compeditors, suddenly the ramps are covered in girls with their pom poms and everyone does a simultaneous "wtf?" :P

Submitted by anotherslave on Wed, 07/07/04 - 3:41 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Daemin

maybe there should be some booth hunks?

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 07/07/04 - 8:31 AM Permalink

that much per hour? and US$ i bet - ok, so as embaresing as it would be, i can totaly understand why they would do it.

[url]www.e3girls.com[/url]

lots of low tops and sprayed on pants - well, i like it :)

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 07/07/04 - 9:10 PM Permalink

She looks like she?s thinking ?$475 an hour, $475 an hour, $475 an hour? hey geek boy, my eyes are up HERE!?

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 11/07/04 - 1:45 AM Permalink

quote: then again, i'd pay this one to leave:

I'd rather the $475 an hour goes to having some actual game developers on the floor pimping their games.

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Well that's what the "booth babes" are there to do, I mean in car shows they tend to actually be knowledgeable in the cars that they are displaying. Though it'd be interesting to actually see "booth babes" that are interested in games and can talk about them at length, then they wouldn't really need all those skimpy outfits and all...

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 11/07/04 - 9:33 PM Permalink

Obviously you haven't been to many car shows then Daemin :)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 11/07/04 - 10:24 PM Permalink

are you saying you would rather them not be in skimpy outfits?

Submitted by arcane on Mon, 12/07/04 - 5:06 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Maitrek

I was about to say the same thing! :P

As for the E3 Booth Babes... the Bloodrayne chick gets my vote ;)

Submitted by Daemin on Mon, 12/07/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

Maitrek: No, not really, but on TV they always spout that the women presenting cars in car shows actually know something about them... Could be just in America then?

LiveWire: It's a complex issue, plus not every skimpy outfit looks good on every person!

(I would've posted this earlier, except it was lagged or something...)

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 12/07/04 - 11:58 AM Permalink

I went to a gun show in the US. Heaps of babes in bikinis firing heavy weaponry. For me, it didn't click. Booth babes at E3 at least fit in with the theme. *shrugs*

Submitted by Maitrek on Tue, 13/07/04 - 3:29 AM Permalink

I guess it depends what your take on 'sexy' is.

Posted by souri on
Forum

I thought [url="http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/report/e3expo2004_babes/page01.php"]this was an interesting read[/url].. it's an article on the e3 booth babes and their thoughts on the trade show/conference...

quote:"It's weird when they put their arms around me," she replies, "but then I feel them shaking and I'm like, whatever, if it's so important to you . . . it's funny when guys come up to me and tell me that it's their first time touching a girl."

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/07/04 - 6:21 PM Permalink

I always find the booth babe thing so funny. It is cool to read what I thought. No guys just actually walk up and start talking to them.

""It's funny that people act this way over little stuffed toys," I say to another of the girls, Jessica, who is standing a few paces away. She smiles and nods in agreement. "I've been handing out buttons, screen-cleaners, and all kinds of things, and there have been people attacking us for free stuff. People will walk up to us and just try to grab it.""

It's good to see that people's priorities are right. Stealing little stuffed toys over hitting on booth babes :p

And for those who need reason why booth babes should be cherished....
http://catsonmars.com/otaku/cosplay/
Do you really want to see more of these people running around? Well? Do you? Thought not.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 7:18 PM Permalink

I find the whole booth babe thing quite funny as well. It's also funny how she says that for most of them that it's the first time touching a girl. The nerds are shaking when they see a girl, i just find it funny.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 02/07/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Meh, sex sells, we see it in the games and we see it in the movies and we see it in the conventions. Its still a bit of a laugh though i spose :P

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 02/07/04 - 11:14 PM Permalink

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

it's got to be embarrassing wearing that stuff though.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 03/07/04 - 5:12 AM Permalink

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 03/07/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by HazarD

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 03/07/04 - 6:47 AM Permalink

holy mother of god...... wow, that really puts my part time wage into perspective

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 03/07/04 - 9:58 AM Permalink

That's why they keep on continuously getting attractive around college age girls doing that work. One or two conferences and they've got at least a quarter of the year accounted for...

That and there's always been babes involves in selling products, IIRC there's scientific proof that people would buy anything from an attractive woman. Especially men.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 03/07/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Aven : [:O] At least if I did post photos of that nature inglis couldnt makem any worse [;)]

She ended up with about 13K US for 3 days work aparently she was pretty upset as she was only getting paid AVERAGE also. This was for a car show in the States a year back, not sure what the pay is like for e3 etc.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 03/07/04 - 3:10 PM Permalink

quote:
Originally posted by HazarD:
A friend of mine who has done booth babe work, was paid $475US per hour, Hell even I would wear what they are wearing for that amount.

quote:
Originally posted by Aven:

So Aven, you'd pay Hazard $475US to dress up like a chick?:P What the? [:X]
[;)]

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 04/07/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

plaintir: That's $475US an hour.... :-)
So if he stays dressed up as a chick for days at a time in public (doesn't count in private), he could be in for quite a bill..

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 04/07/04 - 11:19 PM Permalink

Man, American gamers must be complete geeks though to be shaking nerdily when they are around women...

*sigh*

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 06/07/04 - 6:32 PM Permalink

Crap. I completely forgot about this thread. If HazarD shaves/waxes his legs, stuffs a bra and at least tries to put on some make-up. Then it maayyyyy be worth the.... nah. You're probably all correct. It would be a waste of money :p

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 06/07/04 - 9:05 PM Permalink

lol i love that, when people just randomly include a bunch of dancing girls for no apparent reason. Happened at a extreme sport show once (cant remember the actual name), and they didnt even tell the compeditors, suddenly the ramps are covered in girls with their pom poms and everyone does a simultaneous "wtf?" :P

Submitted by anotherslave on Wed, 07/07/04 - 3:41 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Daemin

maybe there should be some booth hunks?

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 07/07/04 - 8:31 AM Permalink

that much per hour? and US$ i bet - ok, so as embaresing as it would be, i can totaly understand why they would do it.

[url]www.e3girls.com[/url]

lots of low tops and sprayed on pants - well, i like it :)

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 07/07/04 - 9:10 PM Permalink

She looks like she?s thinking ?$475 an hour, $475 an hour, $475 an hour? hey geek boy, my eyes are up HERE!?

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 11/07/04 - 1:45 AM Permalink

quote: then again, i'd pay this one to leave:

I'd rather the $475 an hour goes to having some actual game developers on the floor pimping their games.

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Well that's what the "booth babes" are there to do, I mean in car shows they tend to actually be knowledgeable in the cars that they are displaying. Though it'd be interesting to actually see "booth babes" that are interested in games and can talk about them at length, then they wouldn't really need all those skimpy outfits and all...

Submitted by Maitrek on Sun, 11/07/04 - 9:33 PM Permalink

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 11/07/04 - 10:24 PM Permalink

are you saying you would rather them not be in skimpy outfits?

Submitted by arcane on Mon, 12/07/04 - 5:06 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Maitrek

I was about to say the same thing! :P

As for the E3 Booth Babes... the Bloodrayne chick gets my vote ;)

Submitted by Daemin on Mon, 12/07/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

Maitrek: No, not really, but on TV they always spout that the women presenting cars in car shows actually know something about them... Could be just in America then?

LiveWire: It's a complex issue, plus not every skimpy outfit looks good on every person!

(I would've posted this earlier, except it was lagged or something...)

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 12/07/04 - 11:58 AM Permalink

I went to a gun show in the US. Heaps of babes in bikinis firing heavy weaponry. For me, it didn't click. Booth babes at E3 at least fit in with the theme. *shrugs*

Submitted by Maitrek on Tue, 13/07/04 - 3:29 AM Permalink

I guess it depends what your take on 'sexy' is.