Skip to main content

talk about miserable :(

• ok .. i think i have an idea.

my guy's name is going to be presto.. he will be a vaudeville magician / prestidigitator and illusionist.

his calling card will be a magic trick, a tarot card or rabbit or something.

and i will…

Submitted by tojo on

i write polite letters with links to my work ....

i dont even get a 'thanks but no thanks' reply from any of the companies i write to...[?]

they dont even take thetime to say 'you suck' or 'thats great! dont give up your day job'[:(]

nothing....... just a void... silence..[V]

actually i tell a lie.... i think micro-forte did once..[:)]

but other than that............

do i have bad breath that people can smell somehow through my emails?

am i invisible?

I AM A HUMAN TOO YOU KNOW! ...........[:o)]

it is a good thing i enjoy doing this stuff as a hobby...

....... cause i am starting to think that i will never work in the industry....

oh well.......

Submitted by tojo on Wed, 02/06/04 - 9:13 PM Permalink

awww. poor little fella
cheer up rainy face........ it will be allright...

any day now.... one of those nice people from the gaming companies will sweep you of your feet and take you away to one of those big magical places where lots of really cool people have fun all day making really cool and entertaining computer games...

here is a tissue.....

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 02/06/04 - 11:25 PM Permalink

Don,t get to upset, i'm sure there are a lot of people in your position, if you keep on trying you will eventuall y get a job at one of those magical places. If it's any comfort, i went to your work is great especially the drawings. But i couldn't find any low poly stuff

Submitted by souri on Thu, 03/06/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

Hey Tojo, you have some brilliant work posted on Sumea. Your drawing style is fantastic! It looks like it came from the hand of someone who's been in the animation/concept industry for years! You're amongst the best concept artists showcased on this site, I reckon.
Yeh, there are numerous reasons why you might not have received a response from developers (they don't have an adequate HR department to handle replies, or they could be inundated with applicants etc). Don't be too disheartened, keep up the fantastic work, I'm sure you'll get snapped up in no time!

Submitted by groovyone on Thu, 03/06/04 - 11:02 AM Permalink

Tojo, have you done any game work yet? Mods, shareware ..etc? I can't see any such involvement in the game community from your web page. This is the first thing I would fix, is to get yourself on some MOD/Homebrew/Shareware titles (free work).

Once you can show you can model/draw for a real game, then it will be more in your favour for work prospects.

Also comments on your web page like this don't help...
"although i am the laziest bastard on the face of the earth....."

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 03/06/04 - 8:16 PM Permalink

cheers bullet :)

Thanks Souri... you made my day! You are a legend!

(groovyone) I've squished quite a few things into morrowind and a few other games... weapons/sharks/palmtrees/a tiki bar that plays hula music.... great big giant hammers and volcanos..... tanks and cars, huge guns and naked women[:D]... i should showcase more of this stuff(agreed)... although at the moment i am focusing on a cut scene style animation.......

but i think you are right!.. i should perhaps do more communal modding... something a bit bigger than i am... ... [;)] bloody

hell!! sometimes i think you need 3 lifetimes!
:)....

it is always a toss up with what you learn next.... i have so much i am learning in animation/texturing/modelling/ik/rigging and just about everything... coupled with being cought up in really enjoying designing an enviroment from scratch...

but i totally agree with you .... definately good advice [:)]

and i will remove the 'laziest bastard on the face of the earth' comment.. from my site:) in truth... i am actually one of the most motivated bastards in the face of the earth... that was just meant to be a comic cover for the fact i havent had any money to pay for my new domain[;)]

cheers dudes!

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 17/06/04 - 11:59 PM Permalink

Your work rocks dude.. nice clean and stylised.. top marks dude..
don't worry you'll be head hunted one of these days for work.. in the meantime don't give up trying to get a job!!! keep working!!

Posted by tojo on

i write polite letters with links to my work ....

i dont even get a 'thanks but no thanks' reply from any of the companies i write to...[?]

they dont even take thetime to say 'you suck' or 'thats great! dont give up your day job'[:(]

nothing....... just a void... silence..[V]

actually i tell a lie.... i think micro-forte did once..[:)]

but other than that............

do i have bad breath that people can smell somehow through my emails?

am i invisible?

I AM A HUMAN TOO YOU KNOW! ...........[:o)]

it is a good thing i enjoy doing this stuff as a hobby...

....... cause i am starting to think that i will never work in the industry....

oh well.......

Submitted by tojo on Wed, 02/06/04 - 9:13 PM Permalink

awww. poor little fella
cheer up rainy face........ it will be allright...

any day now.... one of those nice people from the gaming companies will sweep you of your feet and take you away to one of those big magical places where lots of really cool people have fun all day making really cool and entertaining computer games...

here is a tissue.....

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 02/06/04 - 11:25 PM Permalink

Don,t get to upset, i'm sure there are a lot of people in your position, if you keep on trying you will eventuall y get a job at one of those magical places. If it's any comfort, i went to your work is great especially the drawings. But i couldn't find any low poly stuff

Submitted by souri on Thu, 03/06/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

Hey Tojo, you have some brilliant work posted on Sumea. Your drawing style is fantastic! It looks like it came from the hand of someone who's been in the animation/concept industry for years! You're amongst the best concept artists showcased on this site, I reckon.
Yeh, there are numerous reasons why you might not have received a response from developers (they don't have an adequate HR department to handle replies, or they could be inundated with applicants etc). Don't be too disheartened, keep up the fantastic work, I'm sure you'll get snapped up in no time!

Submitted by groovyone on Thu, 03/06/04 - 11:02 AM Permalink

Tojo, have you done any game work yet? Mods, shareware ..etc? I can't see any such involvement in the game community from your web page. This is the first thing I would fix, is to get yourself on some MOD/Homebrew/Shareware titles (free work).

Once you can show you can model/draw for a real game, then it will be more in your favour for work prospects.

Also comments on your web page like this don't help...
"although i am the laziest bastard on the face of the earth....."

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 03/06/04 - 8:16 PM Permalink

cheers bullet :)

Thanks Souri... you made my day! You are a legend!

(groovyone) I've squished quite a few things into morrowind and a few other games... weapons/sharks/palmtrees/a tiki bar that plays hula music.... great big giant hammers and volcanos..... tanks and cars, huge guns and naked women[:D]... i should showcase more of this stuff(agreed)... although at the moment i am focusing on a cut scene style animation.......

but i think you are right!.. i should perhaps do more communal modding... something a bit bigger than i am... ... [;)] bloody

hell!! sometimes i think you need 3 lifetimes!
:)....

it is always a toss up with what you learn next.... i have so much i am learning in animation/texturing/modelling/ik/rigging and just about everything... coupled with being cought up in really enjoying designing an enviroment from scratch...

but i totally agree with you .... definately good advice [:)]

and i will remove the 'laziest bastard on the face of the earth' comment.. from my site:) in truth... i am actually one of the most motivated bastards in the face of the earth... that was just meant to be a comic cover for the fact i havent had any money to pay for my new domain[;)]

cheers dudes!

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 17/06/04 - 11:59 PM Permalink

Your work rocks dude.. nice clean and stylised.. top marks dude..
don't worry you'll be head hunted one of these days for work.. in the meantime don't give up trying to get a job!!! keep working!!