Skip to main content

Canberra's first anime convention!

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Hi everyone!

I noticed this in the paper this morning (Yes, i read the paper [:p]).
An Anime convention in Canberra (Anime.au.2004) [:)].

It seems an Anime convention will be held in Canberra this weekend (April 3, Sunday) at the Manning Clark Centre, ANU. There will be live plays, anime games, screenings (The new Astroboy series too!) etc... and even an auction! Looks like its going to be a great day!

The doors open at 10am and will be shut at around 8pm (A long, fun day out!).

Im going to try and get myself there as its the first convention for Anime ever in Canberra! So how about anyone else in the Canberra region?

[B]For more information please visit the website, Anime.au.2004 -http://www.animeau.org/[/B]

Tom

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

I wasn't going to, but I guess I should get along. It may be worth it for the cosplaying (if there is any) :)

Now I just have to decide which anime shirt I should wear...

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Maybe the Sumea's can meet up? Heh.

But you would probably look queer with such a young innocent chunk of youth next too you [:p].

Speaking of plays ive got one on tonight in about 2 hours infront of a paying audience at Tuggeranong youth centre [:p].

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 02/04/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

I coulda sworn the ANU anime club had a convention last year as well...
Aaaanyway, wrong state :P
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/04/04 - 5:37 PM Permalink

Yeah. If you would like to meet up that is cool. Chances are though, that you will look more bizarre standing next to me :p I'll be getting out there early, so if you want to meet up, just give me a time and place.

I'm pretty sure that Canberra has had some Anime conventions as well. I haven't seen any comicons down here for ages :(

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 03/04/04 - 1:36 AM Permalink

I might be getting out there... im not sure yet though! Meeting up is fine, i'll probably be going with a friend so it will be two young youthful guys with you [:p].

As for Anime conventions, i think there have been some but not fully recognised, sponsored etc...
So im not sure...

On another note it is a certainly interesting weekend. Australian Idol auditions at the Canberra stadium (No, im not auditioning) and an Anime convention! [:p].

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Hi everyone!

I noticed this in the paper this morning (Yes, i read the paper [:p]).
An Anime convention in Canberra (Anime.au.2004) [:)].

It seems an Anime convention will be held in Canberra this weekend (April 3, Sunday) at the Manning Clark Centre, ANU. There will be live plays, anime games, screenings (The new Astroboy series too!) etc... and even an auction! Looks like its going to be a great day!

The doors open at 10am and will be shut at around 8pm (A long, fun day out!).

Im going to try and get myself there as its the first convention for Anime ever in Canberra! So how about anyone else in the Canberra region?

[B]For more information please visit the website, Anime.au.2004 -http://www.animeau.org/[/B]

Tom

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

I wasn't going to, but I guess I should get along. It may be worth it for the cosplaying (if there is any) :)

Now I just have to decide which anime shirt I should wear...

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 02/04/04 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Maybe the Sumea's can meet up? Heh.

But you would probably look queer with such a young innocent chunk of youth next too you [:p].

Speaking of plays ive got one on tonight in about 2 hours infront of a paying audience at Tuggeranong youth centre [:p].

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 02/04/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

I coulda sworn the ANU anime club had a convention last year as well...
Aaaanyway, wrong state :P
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 02/04/04 - 5:37 PM Permalink

Yeah. If you would like to meet up that is cool. Chances are though, that you will look more bizarre standing next to me :p I'll be getting out there early, so if you want to meet up, just give me a time and place.

I'm pretty sure that Canberra has had some Anime conventions as well. I haven't seen any comicons down here for ages :(

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 03/04/04 - 1:36 AM Permalink

I might be getting out there... im not sure yet though! Meeting up is fine, i'll probably be going with a friend so it will be two young youthful guys with you [:p].

As for Anime conventions, i think there have been some but not fully recognised, sponsored etc...
So im not sure...

On another note it is a certainly interesting weekend. Australian Idol auditions at the Canberra stadium (No, im not auditioning) and an Anime convention! [:p].