Skip to main content

QA Tester for Creative Assembly

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

JOB DESCRIPTION - QA Tester

Role Title: QA Tester

Role Type: Full-Time Casual

Reporting To: Ben Adams, QA Manager

Salary:     On application

Job Description

The applicant for the QA Tester role should well versed in QA practice specifically in the games industry. They must have clear written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills.

An ideal candidate would possess a strong passion for gaming with a matched skill for organization and effort. Bug writing skills will have to be at a high level of competency along with the ability to correctly execute and create detailed test plans.

The applicant will spend the majority of their time following test plans, identifying and logging bugs and communicating with the QA Manager and Lead Testers. The candidate will have to be confident working both within a team and also independently.

Required Skills

- Familiarity with the ?Total War? series of games

- Preferably have experience in QA games testing

- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for quality     

- Excellent communication skills              

- A team player who has a disciplined and professional work ethic

Desired Skills

- Familiar with Test Track Pro

- Build creation

- Programming/scripting skills

- Experience of working in QA Games Testing

Duties

- Carry out work as instructed by the QA Manager and/or QA Senior Testers

- Test CA games for usability, functionality, design, and compatibility flaws     

- Proactively work with the rest of the team to ensure that the quality of work the QA department produces is of a consistently high standard.

- Manage test plans.

- Identify, troubleshoot, and descriptively file bugs.

- Communicate clearly with the QA Manager and the rest of the development staff.          

- Work overtime as and when required

Apply with resum? and cover letter to: badams@creative-assembly.com.auSouri2007-07-24 23:39:59

Posted by souri on
Forum

JOB DESCRIPTION - QA Tester

Role Title: QA Tester

Role Type: Full-Time Casual

Reporting To: Ben Adams, QA Manager

Salary:     On application

Job Description

The applicant for the QA Tester role should well versed in QA practice specifically in the games industry. They must have clear written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills.

An ideal candidate would possess a strong passion for gaming with a matched skill for organization and effort. Bug writing skills will have to be at a high level of competency along with the ability to correctly execute and create detailed test plans.

The applicant will spend the majority of their time following test plans, identifying and logging bugs and communicating with the QA Manager and Lead Testers. The candidate will have to be confident working both within a team and also independently.

Required Skills

- Familiarity with the ?Total War? series of games

- Preferably have experience in QA games testing

- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for quality     

- Excellent communication skills              

- A team player who has a disciplined and professional work ethic

Desired Skills

- Familiar with Test Track Pro

- Build creation

- Programming/scripting skills

- Experience of working in QA Games Testing

Duties

- Carry out work as instructed by the QA Manager and/or QA Senior Testers

- Test CA games for usability, functionality, design, and compatibility flaws     

- Proactively work with the rest of the team to ensure that the quality of work the QA department produces is of a consistently high standard.

- Manage test plans.

- Identify, troubleshoot, and descriptively file bugs.

- Communicate clearly with the QA Manager and the rest of the development staff.          

- Work overtime as and when required

Apply with resum? and cover letter to: badams@creative-assembly.com.auSouri2007-07-24 23:39:59