Skip to main content

x-fire demo

Submitted by noreha on
Forum

Ahoy hoy all, my name is Travis, and I am a 3D artist who worked on x-fire for the AGDC. Just wondering if anyone has played the demo at all, and if so, if they have any feedback or suggestions that we can take on board. The demo was released a little while ago and we haven't had too many comments so far.

Submitted by tachyon on Fri, 02/01/04 - 10:00 PM Permalink

I had a play of it at AGDC, not a bad game. I really liked the dynamic lighting. Yeah, I don't know if it was just me, but I didn't like the control system too much, I would have preferred it if you just shot whatever was right in front of you, rather than having to point to it with the mouse, but thats just me. Besides that, I thought it was one of the better games there (I voted for it :) )

Submitted by phucked on Mon, 05/01/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

The control system is what most people comment on. Either people love it or they hate it. Will probably have to add another control system to it.

I would love to know how it is running on different video cards.

Thanks for your vote dude!

Submitted by Gibbz on Tue, 03/02/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

on my radeon 9600XT there were gfx issues, the floor was flickering...
the conrolls were odd also, i suggest wasd as in a shooter, uses a and d as strafe, hence the mouse to turn around

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 03/02/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

I read about it on Atomic magazine but it dont work on my PC :(. Didn't it get a prize at AGDC.

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 04/02/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

downloaded it and had a play...i couldnt notice anything wrong with it, and my personal opinion on the controls is that they are fine...

one thing tho was that to shoot the little monster dudes, i had to be in their face basically, i couldnt hit them at all from a distance (maybe its just my poor aim!)

not really my type of game, but fun none the less and the graphics look great! well done!

Submitted by phucked on Thu, 26/02/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Gibbz:

This patch should fix any problems with ati cards...
http://lphpnl.com/myoung/archives/xfirepatch01.zip

bullet21:

can you tell me some info about your computer?
Yes we got runner up best unsigned indy

Kane:

Thanks Man. I'm re-writing all the player and bug code now, it should keep every one happy.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 26/02/04 - 4:08 AM Permalink

no nothing wrong just that my pc is quite shit :(

Posted by noreha on
Forum

Ahoy hoy all, my name is Travis, and I am a 3D artist who worked on x-fire for the AGDC. Just wondering if anyone has played the demo at all, and if so, if they have any feedback or suggestions that we can take on board. The demo was released a little while ago and we haven't had too many comments so far.

Submitted by tachyon on Fri, 02/01/04 - 10:00 PM Permalink

I had a play of it at AGDC, not a bad game. I really liked the dynamic lighting. Yeah, I don't know if it was just me, but I didn't like the control system too much, I would have preferred it if you just shot whatever was right in front of you, rather than having to point to it with the mouse, but thats just me. Besides that, I thought it was one of the better games there (I voted for it :) )

Submitted by phucked on Mon, 05/01/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

The control system is what most people comment on. Either people love it or they hate it. Will probably have to add another control system to it.

I would love to know how it is running on different video cards.

Thanks for your vote dude!

Submitted by Gibbz on Tue, 03/02/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

on my radeon 9600XT there were gfx issues, the floor was flickering...
the conrolls were odd also, i suggest wasd as in a shooter, uses a and d as strafe, hence the mouse to turn around

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 03/02/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

I read about it on Atomic magazine but it dont work on my PC :(. Didn't it get a prize at AGDC.

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 04/02/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

downloaded it and had a play...i couldnt notice anything wrong with it, and my personal opinion on the controls is that they are fine...

one thing tho was that to shoot the little monster dudes, i had to be in their face basically, i couldnt hit them at all from a distance (maybe its just my poor aim!)

not really my type of game, but fun none the less and the graphics look great! well done!

Submitted by phucked on Thu, 26/02/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Gibbz:

This patch should fix any problems with ati cards...
http://lphpnl.com/myoung/archives/xfirepatch01.zip

bullet21:

can you tell me some info about your computer?
Yes we got runner up best unsigned indy

Kane:

Thanks Man. I'm re-writing all the player and bug code now, it should keep every one happy.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 26/02/04 - 4:08 AM Permalink

no nothing wrong just that my pc is quite shit :(