Skip to main content

Marine soldier

Submitted by Idaho on

Hey guys this is my first post, heres just a lil something ive been working on. practicing modelling and texturing. I gave myself pretty tight restrictions as to poly counts and map sizes.
[img]http://effectism.com/Marine_LukeDwyer.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Idaho on Thu, 02/01/03 - 10:18 AM Permalink

any critz? questions?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 02/01/03 - 11:11 AM Permalink

Hi, um all I'm getting is the 'whoops somethings wrong' little red x so no crits from me till it is visable.

The big problem is you currently are trying to direct link the image from your hard drive, which means it will work fine when you come to look at it, but no one else can see it.

You must upload the image to a web site that allows direct image linking (ie not a free site) that way all can see it.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 03/01/03 - 2:53 AM Permalink

i thought it would upload automatically like other posts....where can i upload my image too? sorry i dont do internet crap so i have no idea

Submitted by souri on Fri, 03/01/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Nice model. One thing I notice is that he looks a bit stunted in height. Make his legs (below the knee) slightly longer, I reckon. For anatomy references, you HAVE to check out http://www.fineart.sk/body.htm .. there's six pages of anatomy references. it's brilliant [:)] texturing is quite cool, I like how you mixed in some browns with the green for the metal on his shoulders. Mixing colours like that makes the results more interesting. Texture work on the pants and shirt is VERY cool, and perhaps the chest/groin armour could be a little more interesting though.

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 03/01/03 - 9:12 AM Permalink

Yeh he has confusing proportions, i dont know if hes stunted so much or just the armor makes him look wider than he is tall. and yeh im thinking of redesigning the whole chest section coz it looks a bit static compared to the rest.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sun, 05/01/03 - 11:49 PM Permalink

Nice work Idaho. I really like your colorful skin. Is it destined for a game?
Crits: Besides the leg thing that Souri mentioned I also think that his shoulders look too broad and his neck a tiny bit too short, but these are my personal preferences, stick to what makes you happy :)

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Idaho on Mon, 06/01/03 - 8:45 AM Permalink

thanx, no not destined for a game just something i did one morning when i was bored

Posted by Idaho on

Hey guys this is my first post, heres just a lil something ive been working on. practicing modelling and texturing. I gave myself pretty tight restrictions as to poly counts and map sizes.
[img]http://effectism.com/Marine_LukeDwyer.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Idaho on Thu, 02/01/03 - 10:18 AM Permalink

any critz? questions?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 02/01/03 - 11:11 AM Permalink

Hi, um all I'm getting is the 'whoops somethings wrong' little red x so no crits from me till it is visable.

The big problem is you currently are trying to direct link the image from your hard drive, which means it will work fine when you come to look at it, but no one else can see it.

You must upload the image to a web site that allows direct image linking (ie not a free site) that way all can see it.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 03/01/03 - 2:53 AM Permalink

i thought it would upload automatically like other posts....where can i upload my image too? sorry i dont do internet crap so i have no idea

Submitted by souri on Fri, 03/01/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Nice model. One thing I notice is that he looks a bit stunted in height. Make his legs (below the knee) slightly longer, I reckon. For anatomy references, you HAVE to check out http://www.fineart.sk/body.htm .. there's six pages of anatomy references. it's brilliant [:)] texturing is quite cool, I like how you mixed in some browns with the green for the metal on his shoulders. Mixing colours like that makes the results more interesting. Texture work on the pants and shirt is VERY cool, and perhaps the chest/groin armour could be a little more interesting though.

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 03/01/03 - 9:12 AM Permalink

Yeh he has confusing proportions, i dont know if hes stunted so much or just the armor makes him look wider than he is tall. and yeh im thinking of redesigning the whole chest section coz it looks a bit static compared to the rest.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sun, 05/01/03 - 11:49 PM Permalink

Nice work Idaho. I really like your colorful skin. Is it destined for a game?
Crits: Besides the leg thing that Souri mentioned I also think that his shoulders look too broad and his neck a tiny bit too short, but these are my personal preferences, stick to what makes you happy :)

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Idaho on Mon, 06/01/03 - 8:45 AM Permalink

thanx, no not destined for a game just something i did one morning when i was bored