Skip to main content

Character Concept: Tira

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I was getting bored sitting at work during my lunch breaks doing nothing, so I decided to do some drawing.

I am still trying to get used to my new pen (thicker nib than my old one), so some of the line work isn't fantastic. Her right foot is a little small and the highlight on her skirt is too large. Other than those things I'm quite happy. Crits welcome :)

[img]http://home.netspeed.com.au/mlanham/Tira_Concept_01.gif[/img]

Tira

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 02/12/03 - 2:00 AM Permalink

Nice one, first thing i thought when I saw the skirt was 'ying and yang'.. Not sure if this was intentional or not.. But maybe you could work in the white spot.. Think it could be a cool little something.

But anyhow.. Needs bigger boobs and bigger boots. :D

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 02/12/03 - 4:12 AM Permalink

Very nice
What happened to her hand?
Its probably on purpose, but her legs are huge!!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 02/12/03 - 6:10 AM Permalink

Alrighty. Bob. Stopping looking at Steed's work :p She is meant to be 15-16 years old, hence no major rack. The white section on her skirt is meant to be the highlight on the leather material. If I were to colour it in, it would probably make a bit more sense. The highlight is so large as the skirt is streched so taught so the light would spread across it a fair bit.

Makk. Yeah long legs are intentional. I tend to draw characters with longer than normal legs. If I draw them with normal length legs, they look too short. It was also to help show that she is more petite. Her hands have been burnt by Shadow rays. She is also possessed by a Shadow Demon and her father. The 'tears' from her eyes are also Shadow.

Thanks for those points. And Bob. No boots :D

Submitted by jacobt on Wed, 03/12/03 - 4:18 AM Permalink

Nice work Aven, this one is 10x more stylish than your hipoly comp concept. I'd like to see some other sorts of characters coming from you tho, something without a long dress and assymetrical top :D

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 03/12/03 - 5:21 AM Permalink

I'll make sure that my next character design is a nice big sweaty guy :) Arse crack will come at an extra cost though...

I will make sure that the next character that I post doesn't look so familiar though. I wanted to make this character for the comp, but she isn't a villian :(

Submitted by jacobt on Wed, 03/12/03 - 9:04 AM Permalink

I reckon you could do some really cool gothic male characters. Not sure about having to pay for an arsecrack tho. Are you into low-poly?

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 04/12/03 - 3:58 AM Permalink

Used to be. Started getting into Maya though and went more into high poly. Wanted to make a low poly character, but there really isn't a game that I am interested in. UT2k3 has great character abilities, but the game just blows hard (loved UT1 though). I have also thought of making some some 'low poly' characters that could fit into higher end engines (say DoA3), but do not know the poly limits (heard 14k but I just don't know). Plus DoA3 can do cloth (and bouncing :D). I will post a pic of a character that I wanted to make for UT2k3 in the next few days. I have to draw it first.

I would love to draw some more male characters, but I usually use some sort of model reference for my drawings (body, not face). Finding decent naked/scantaly clad male photos in cool poses is a little difficult. That and I just prefer designing female characters as you can do more with them (especially clothing). Thank you for this interest though :)

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I was getting bored sitting at work during my lunch breaks doing nothing, so I decided to do some drawing.

I am still trying to get used to my new pen (thicker nib than my old one), so some of the line work isn't fantastic. Her right foot is a little small and the highlight on her skirt is too large. Other than those things I'm quite happy. Crits welcome :)

[img]http://home.netspeed.com.au/mlanham/Tira_Concept_01.gif[/img]

Tira

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 02/12/03 - 2:00 AM Permalink

Nice one, first thing i thought when I saw the skirt was 'ying and yang'.. Not sure if this was intentional or not.. But maybe you could work in the white spot.. Think it could be a cool little something.

But anyhow.. Needs bigger boobs and bigger boots. :D

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 02/12/03 - 4:12 AM Permalink

Very nice
What happened to her hand?
Its probably on purpose, but her legs are huge!!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 02/12/03 - 6:10 AM Permalink

Alrighty. Bob. Stopping looking at Steed's work :p She is meant to be 15-16 years old, hence no major rack. The white section on her skirt is meant to be the highlight on the leather material. If I were to colour it in, it would probably make a bit more sense. The highlight is so large as the skirt is streched so taught so the light would spread across it a fair bit.

Makk. Yeah long legs are intentional. I tend to draw characters with longer than normal legs. If I draw them with normal length legs, they look too short. It was also to help show that she is more petite. Her hands have been burnt by Shadow rays. She is also possessed by a Shadow Demon and her father. The 'tears' from her eyes are also Shadow.

Thanks for those points. And Bob. No boots :D

Submitted by jacobt on Wed, 03/12/03 - 4:18 AM Permalink

Nice work Aven, this one is 10x more stylish than your hipoly comp concept. I'd like to see some other sorts of characters coming from you tho, something without a long dress and assymetrical top :D

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 03/12/03 - 5:21 AM Permalink

I'll make sure that my next character design is a nice big sweaty guy :) Arse crack will come at an extra cost though...

I will make sure that the next character that I post doesn't look so familiar though. I wanted to make this character for the comp, but she isn't a villian :(

Submitted by jacobt on Wed, 03/12/03 - 9:04 AM Permalink

I reckon you could do some really cool gothic male characters. Not sure about having to pay for an arsecrack tho. Are you into low-poly?

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 04/12/03 - 3:58 AM Permalink

Used to be. Started getting into Maya though and went more into high poly. Wanted to make a low poly character, but there really isn't a game that I am interested in. UT2k3 has great character abilities, but the game just blows hard (loved UT1 though). I have also thought of making some some 'low poly' characters that could fit into higher end engines (say DoA3), but do not know the poly limits (heard 14k but I just don't know). Plus DoA3 can do cloth (and bouncing :D). I will post a pic of a character that I wanted to make for UT2k3 in the next few days. I have to draw it first.

I would love to draw some more male characters, but I usually use some sort of model reference for my drawings (body, not face). Finding decent naked/scantaly clad male photos in cool poses is a little difficult. That and I just prefer designing female characters as you can do more with them (especially clothing). Thank you for this interest though :)