Skip to main content

"heartless" Ifrit-crisis core version

• This is/was my entry to the gameartisans.org kingdom hearts war mini comp, had alot of fun doing this model even with the delays and frustrations =( sculpting for a day, then not being able to get a normal map to work properly =( etc

but…

• This hopefully is a screen grab of my character entry

Submitted by kit11 on

This is/was my entry for the gameartisans.org Kingdom Hearts War mini comp

http://www.tsumea.com/journal/kit11/310109/kingdom-hearts-war-mini-comp if top link doesnt work, this is to my journal so can view it there

feel free to comment/critique

Submitted by Bittman on Mon, 02/02/09 - 9:43 AM Permalink

I meant to comment before when you originally showed me on Saturday night.

Though I've never played crisis core, the Heartless version you created is great. The shadow to fire effect always looks great, and you've brought it across in a very kingdom hearts style which I can imagine being implemented in game rather than some ridiculously high-poly pre-render.

My only query is whether the heartless symbol is the mark on the arms? If not, you appear to be missing a heartless symbol. But that's just in keeping with the games and is only a design portion which won't really affect the work.

In summary: good job.

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 02/02/09 - 1:54 PM Permalink

yeah the symbol on his shoulders is the heartless symbol, its hard to get a pose that make the character look good, but also show off all the details.

i originally had him on a simple base that also had the heartless symbol on it, but it didnt look very good with multiples on the final layout.

Posted by kit11 on

This is/was my entry for the gameartisans.org Kingdom Hearts War mini comp

http://www.tsumea.com/journal/kit11/310109/kingdom-hearts-war-mini-comp if top link doesnt work, this is to my journal so can view it there

feel free to comment/critique

Submitted by Bittman on Mon, 02/02/09 - 9:43 AM Permalink

I meant to comment before when you originally showed me on Saturday night.

Though I've never played crisis core, the Heartless version you created is great. The shadow to fire effect always looks great, and you've brought it across in a very kingdom hearts style which I can imagine being implemented in game rather than some ridiculously high-poly pre-render.

My only query is whether the heartless symbol is the mark on the arms? If not, you appear to be missing a heartless symbol. But that's just in keeping with the games and is only a design portion which won't really affect the work.

In summary: good job.

Submitted by kit11 on Mon, 02/02/09 - 1:54 PM Permalink

yeah the symbol on his shoulders is the heartless symbol, its hard to get a pose that make the character look good, but also show off all the details.

i originally had him on a simple base that also had the heartless symbol on it, but it didnt look very good with multiples on the final layout.