Location: Australia - Melbourne
Specialty: Production Artist
EA & VISCERAL GAMES
Visceral Games is EA’s longest running development studio. With offices in Redwood Shores, California and Melbourne, Australia our teams work in a global partnership to create best-in-breed action games on the XBox 360 and PS3. Our relentless focus on excellence spawned the breakthrough, award-winning franchise Dead Space™ and Dante’s Inferno™.
EA was founded 26 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Creating visually stunning, immersive games is an art that takes a tremendous amount of skill and talent. EA artists are responsible for creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, and even user interface components. Other Artists bring the game to life with Animation, Lighting and Visual effects and draw the gamer into an immersive experience where they can suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with the game and enjoy the ride. Some games go for a look that’s as realistic as possible, while others aim for a more stylized or fantastical look. In the end, the look of a game is one of the most significant factors contributing to the overall success of the game.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Artist to join our Visceral Games Studio for a 8 month contract!
The responsibilities of the Senior Artist include:
•Model and texture level environments for the game
• Drive the art quality to new heights by leveraging innate aesthetic talent and strong collaboration skills by working closely with Creative/Art Directors and Level Design to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environment assets
• Whitebox environments in collaboration with level designers
• Be a collaborative member of the art team, and contribute actively to reviews and feedback
• Work with Management & Leads to deliver on key milestone commitments
We are seeking an applicant who has:
• Expert understanding of next-gen game environment development processes, limitations and dependencies
• Exceptional visual and technical understanding in 3D modeling & texturing
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a mature, professional fashion with a high-performance team
• Proactive, task driven, self-motivated – works well under deadlines
• Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
• 2D/UI design or development is desirable
• Skilled in Maya
Click here for the related link