Game Programming Instructor opening at Media Design School
• Inspiring and developing Professional AAA Game Programmers
• New Zealand's top creative digital post-grad school
• Based in Central Auckland
• Working in a creative and fun environment
Media Design School is nationally and internationally recognised for developing creative professionals with the right skills and attitude that allows them to hit the ground running in the digital creative industries that include Game Development, 3D Animation, Visual Effects and Web Design. We are the best at what we do.
We are seeking a real talent with a passion for our Game Development and Game Programming who can inspire, develop, teach, and give direction to capable groups of students as they work through their studies and prepare for their new careers with AAA Games companies.
The school is industry focused and production based. We are passionate and pride ourselves on the quality of our graduates; ensuring they are 'industry fit' when they finish here. Our students produce international award winning games.
While you need to be able show that you can produce great work and exhibit the correct skills, being able to lead and instruct a group of talented and committed people on the tools used in industry, enhancing their abilities and ensuring they develop strong production values are very important.
• Excellent motivational and facilitation skills
• High standard of communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• High degree of honesty and integrity
• Effective time management skills
Required Skills and Experience
• Commercial game programming experience
• C++ Programming, OO Development, Algorithms for Games,
• Classical Mechanics / Physics for Games,
• 3D Mathematics for Games,
• Artificial Intelligence Programming for Games,
• Graphics Programming DirectX/Direct3D preferred, or OpenGL
• Game Engine Architecture
• Tertiary level qualifications preferred in;
o Minimum requirement – Bachelor in relevant subjects
o Ideal qualifications – A Masters in relevant subjects
This is an exciting, rewarding and fasted passed role in a creative environment where you will also develop and strengthen your own skills and have the opportunity to work with some of the industries most impressive people. Our students produce international award winning games and you can be part of that.
Apply or contact us for further information.