Come and experience the cool part of Middle Earth. Media Design School (MDS) is looking to add to its team of industry experts to teach, develop and empower the next generation of AAA game developers.
Situated in New-Zealand’s bustling Auckland City, MDS is internationally recognised and respected for producing top talent with the unsurpassed skills for the animation and games industries. Each year, our graduates win many awards in New Zealand and around the world, and we strive to ensure that their skills meet tomorrow’s needs; providing new knowledge and expertise.
Due to growth, we need more inspirational tutors. Join our successful team as a Game Programming Tutor to lead our programming students within the Game Development Faculty.
Applicants must have a minimum of three years industry experience in game programming. You will also have the following skills and competencies;
• Excellent Communicator, Organisational Skills, Research and Project Management Skills
• Presentation Skills, Strong Team Player
• C++, OOA, OOD, OOP,
• Design Patterns, Data Structures and Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, 3D Mathematics,
• Graphics Programming with DirectX, Shaders and Lighting with HLSL,
• Physics for games, Networking for games, Middleware, Console Programming
• Ideally a Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
The role entails developing appropriate teaching materials, designing lessons plans & monitoring & evaluation of student learning.
Auckland was again ranked 5th out of 215 in the Mercer’s 2008 Quality of Living Survey, above all other New Zealand, Australian, UK and US cities! And we are based in the center of this great place.
This is not your typical teaching job. Its cutting edge, utilising new technology and methods that look years ahead of today’s requirements. You have the chance to be part of that. It’s challenging, hard work and tremendously rewarding.
If you think you would like to look into this further send your CV with sample code and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org