Firemint is looking for an experienced level designer to work in-house at our Richmond studio, initially for a 2 month contract. Firemint designs and develops award-winning, premium video game titles for handheld devices including mobile phones and Nintendo DS, for the world’s leading publishers including EA, THQ, Namco, I-Play and Disney. We are one of the world's largest and most respected independent mobile game developersand have won the Game Developers Association of Australia Award for “Best Mobile Title” three years running. As well as working on flagship titles for publishers, we also developing our own original IP games.
We're looking for a Game Designer/Level Designer to work on Nintendo DS and 3D mobile titles. You will:
- Use proprietary tools to turn maps and descriptions into playable levels for artist completion.
- Be responsible for turning basic concepts into playable, fun gameplay while sticking to a brief.
- Join an award-winning company and work with an enthusiastic and talented team.
- Work closely with Producers, Design Leads, Artists and Programmers to produce imaginative and high quality gameplay.
- Previous design experience on 3+ published video games is vital.
- A solid grasp of design fundamentals, good analytical and critical thinking.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate creatively in a team environment.
- A strong visual aesthetic (NOTE – you do not need to be an artist)
- Imagination and attention to detail
- Previous experience dealing with schedules and responding to feedback.
- Desire and ability to learn on the job
- Ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Knowledge of 3DSMAX is helpful but optional.
- You must be able to work at our Richmond studio during normal working hours
Remuneration and Duration
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience. The position is an immediate start for a 2 month contract, with the possibility of further work or full-time employment.
Your application should include:
- A brief introductory letter
- Concise one page CV
And at least 2 of the following:
- A full game design (with completed release form if not for a published game – please see www.firemint.com/jobs.htm#apply for details)
- Level designs (for a published game)
- A Demo
- A Mod
Please email your application to email@example.com (preferred) or post a hardcopy to HR, Firemint, Level 3, 534 Church St, Richmond VIC 3121