Torus has an open position for an Experienced Level Designer/Artist. This is a full time position in our development studio in Mitcham, Victoria, Australia (moving to our new Studio in Bayswater, November 2008).
The ideal candidate must have industry experience on a shipped game. Primarily working as a Level Designer, you will be responsible for the design, prototyping and game play of your levels at Torus. As an artist, you will may also be called upon to assist the art department when required, and will therefore enjoy the flexibility and variety that this role promises.
- Game Credits as a Level Designer
- Passion for level design and computer games
- Folio of level design and art work – example concept sketches and finished 3D models.
- Examples of your work must include explanations to show your understanding of design
- Understanding of gameplay in consideration of genre, audience, technology, and of course, entertainment
- 3D package experience (Maya preferred, but not essential)
- Low Poly Modelling (and UV unwrapping)
- Game Texture creation
- Ability to work in a creative team
- Ability to plan levels according to game design and art design requirements
- Micromanage daily routines in accordance with Production schedules
- Experience creating different genres (Platformers, FPS, Driving)
- Scripting level experience
- Industry / Hardware knowledge
- Australian Citizens or Visa holders only
Only applications that include a folio with samples of original design and art work as either a CD/DVD, or link to an online portfolio, will be considered for this role.
To apply please visit the Torus website at http://www.torusgames.com/index.php?page=jobs&id=24