Krome Studios is Australia's largest independent games studio, located in 3 states with over 300 employees Australia-wide. Since 1999 we have created many successful games on multiple platforms and languages, including licensed titles and our own IP, such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Hell Boy: The Science of Evil, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and some great titles in development.
Vacancy: Level Designer
Our studios in Adelaide and Melbourne are looking for talented, experienced Level Designers to join our teams on a new licensed title for the Wii and Xbox 360. Working in conjunction with Game Designers, you will be responsible for using our in-house scripting tool to trigger game events, cut-scenes and fine tune Non Player Character behavior. Other aspects of your role will include:
• Implementation and testing of assets to ensure game vision is upheld
• Building, constructing and designing levels of a console games
• Play testing of levels to ensure that game play matches the documentation
• Implementing cut scenes and working closely with the cut scene team
• Fine tuning and tweaking all elements of the level design process and game play mechanics
Is this you?
If you would love to work with us and are wondering what you need, we are looking for people with the following:
• Proven experience designing and creating levels in 3D
• Experience with 3rd party level design editors or existing in house game development editors
• Ability and understanding of working in a 3d Environment
• Thorough understanding of the game production process
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
Why work for Krome?
We pride ourselves on our casual, relaxed environment and supportive teams. We also have training and development programs to refresh or develop your skills and Friday night ‘unwind' nights of pizza, beer and games!