Firemint is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our team. This year we have successfully moved from being a pure work-for-hire studio, to self-publishing our original games. We have already achieved some success on the iPhone with Flight Control (http://www.firemint.com/flightcontrol, also coming soon to DSi) and Real Racing (http://www.firemint.com/realracing), and are currently working on new games as well as additional platforms. Our main focus is on digitally distributed original IP games, including iPhone, Nintendo DSi, Xbox Live and Playstation Network. We also accept a small number of interesting titles from major publishers.
We believe in making games that are fun, addictive and polished, enjoyable to work on, as well as having great potential to become a commercial success. Our studio has grown organically through good, conservative management and building on our strengths. Our people work in small, tight project teams, typically for 6-12 months at a time. Please visit our web site (www.firemint.com) and blog (www.firemint.com/blog) or Google "Firemint" to find out more about what we do.
As part of this role, you will:
- Analyse game requirements, and design features and levels that meet those requirements.
- Create high-level concept documents, including flow charts and mockups.
- Communicate concepts verbally or in writing.
- Turn basic concepts into playable, fun gameplay while sticking to a brief.
- Play test games under development to ensure they are true to their vision and provide feedback on playability.
- Work closely with Producers, Artists and Programmers to produce imaginative and high quality game design documents.
- Previous design experience on 3+ published video games is vital.
- A solid grasp of design fundamentals, good analytical and critical thinking.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate creatively in a team environment.
- A strong visual aesthetic (NOTE – you do not need to be an artist).
- Imagination and attention to detail.
- Previous experience dealing with schedules and responding to feedback.
- Ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running.
How to apply
Please apply via our web site at www.firemint.com/jobs, with any supporting documents you may have such as a brief introductory letter, concise one page CV, full game design (with release form if not for a published game, you can get this from our site), level designs (for a published game), a demo or a mod. As we are hoping to fill this position quickly, we'd like to hear from you straight away even if you don't have all of these materials prepared.
This is a new full-time role based in our studio, starting ASAP. Please check www.firemint.com/jobs for details on how to apply, or go straight to the application form at http://firemint.wufoo.com/forms/firemint-job-applications .
(No overseas applications accepted for this role, sorry. You must have permission to work full-time in Australia. We do not work with recruitment agencies, if you are interested in this position please apply direct)