Due to a recent vacancy we are seeking an experienced QA Manager to join our dynamic studio at our Melbourne location.
Under the direct supervision of the Studio Head, the QA Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the QA department and ensuring that the team is prepared to meet the quality assurance and focus testing demands created by upcoming titles. The QA Manager is responsible for ensuring project testing is delivered on time and to an excellent standard.
• Efficiently allocating and scheduling available resources so that QA teams are competently staffed to test multiple products simultaneously.
• Following the progression of each product through QA and assisting QA staff with any aspect of the QA cycle.
• Mentoring QA personnel to facilitate their growth within the department and company infrastructure; coaching, reviewing, and disciplining as necessary.
• Interviewing, hiring and training full-time and temporary QA personnel.
• Tracking employee attendance and verifying casual staff timesheets for accuracy.
• Generating and implementing procedures for more effective and efficient testing of projects.
• Ensure the quality of our products meets or exceeds industry standards.
• Ensuring bug databases are kept up to date, and monitoring the quality and accuracy of tester's bug reporting.
• Organising focus testing sessions, including recruiting testers and setting up equipment, for games as required.
• Be capable of undertaking the duties of QA Lead for projects if required.
Experience & skills required:
• Lead, supervisory or managerial experience in a software QA environment.
• Game QA experience on two or more shipped titles.
• Ability to motivate people, instil accountability and achieve results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Impeccable organizational and time management skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
IR Gurus is a Melbourne based developer, currently working on three next gen (PS3, XBox360) titles, in the sports, flight and action genres. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applications treated in confidence.