A little bit about LAI Games
LAI Games (www.laigames.com) is part of the LAI group that has been in the games business for over 50 years. The group is split into 3 entities: Timezone which operates over 200 Family Entertainment Centers in 7 countries in Australasia, Embed which is a leading worldwide supplier of revenue management systems and cashless payment systems. Lastly and most importantly LAI Games which is a world renown designer, developer, manufacturer and distributor or "out of home entertainment", we create games for the international market and have offices in Australia, Singapore, USA and UK and have distributors in 27 countries worldwide.
What we are doing
Currently LAI Games have a 30+ team of R&D staff based in Indonesia as part of our 10,000m2 factory. This team develops the game ideas and concepts and brings these concepts to reality. Now we are planning to strengthen the creative side of R&D and recruit a small team of highly creative ideas and design people that will be based in Brisbane Australia (2-3 people). This Creative Team would generate game ideas, create concepts, product designs and game/graphic art that can then be handed over to the Indonesian team for development. The Creative Team would also monitor the progress of the games as they are developed to make sure that they closely follow their original design principles.
This LAI Games creative team would be led, guided and mentored directly by the International Product Development Manager based in Brisbane and be part of a large business that has well over 100 years of game industry experience.
The games we design and develop
The game industry is constantly changing and continually looking for new and exciting products to tempt the players so it is constantly evolving using the latest technologies available in the market and therefore never boring. Because of this there are really no limitations to the types of games that we design and develop and these include Prize vending Games, Video Games, Ticket Redemption Games, and Mechanical Games generally though these games are all Coin Operated games.
What we are looking for
We are looking for Multi Talented Highly Creative Ideas people, Game designers, Product Designers or Graphic Artists that can create or develop game ideas and concepts from raw sketches and thoughts and bring these ideas to the initial concept stage for approval then full product design stage.
The skills we require or desire
* The ability to create, very innovative game ideas concepts and designs.
* A passion for Game Development, Energy, Drive and enthusiasm.
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate concepts and designs with artists, programmers and engineers involved in the development process.
* A very clear understanding of, or experience in the Arcade and Coin Operated game industry (a player or employee in the industry)
* Experienced with Graphic art and or Design software (Photoshop, Corel for art, Auto cad/Inventor for Design).
* Self motivated and the ability to work in a team environment.
* Tertiary qualifications are preferable but not an absolute requirement for these positions as we looking more for skills and creative ability.
If this sounds just like what you would like to do and you feel you have the skills and the creative ability for this challenge, then please email a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you think you have the skills and ability to be part of this special creative team, attach your resume and a brief portfolio (prefer PDF) highlighting your abilities to email@example.com
Please put "Potential Creative Team Member" in the subject line.
International Product Development Manager