Nnooo is a small independent games development studio based in Sydney Australia. We fund, develop and publish our own games and applications which are predominantly made for the Nintendo Wii and DSi platforms through WiiWare and DSiWare channels. Our titles include Pop/Pop+ Solo, the myLifeCollected series and the upcoming Spirit Hunters Inc.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies:
Experienced Software Engineer
Our success to date, combined with a strong current pipeline and a desire to extend our products to other platforms (including Nintendo’s new 3DS), has opened up a permanent position for an experienced software engineer. This is an opportunity for a passionate and committed games developer to join a small, professional and friendly team who make their own games and own decisions. The role will encompass whole game programming and the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a successful history of programming all aspects of games to completion.
• Researching the technical programming aspects of the game concept and prototyping parts of the software to test core features as appropriate.
• Agreeing the engineering project schedule with the Creative Director at the start of the project and delivering on the schedule to completion.
• Implementing the game software in accordance with the schedule and writing code in a clear, portable and functional manner.
• Working with the Creative Director to refine the gameplay experience.
• Liaising with the QA staff to fix bugs and further improve gameplay where appropriate.
• Developing tools and engine technology to aid current and future projects as required.
• Reviewing each project post completion with the rest of the project team to identify successes, learnings and areas for development and improvement.
• Providing support to other software engineers and input into other projects as requested.
Required Experience & Skills
• 3+ years of console game programming experience in C++ (experience of Lua/Objective-C and programming for DS/DSi platforms a plus).
• Evidence of having worked on whole games through to completion with at least one published game completed.
• Demonstrable ability to accurately schedule a project and deliver to that schedule; we exist in a commercial, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
• Must be passionate about gaming and able to bring that passion into a professional workplace environment.
• Team player who is able to work collaboratively with every member of the project team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively and regularly with the Creative Director and produce technical documentation to a high standard.
• Attention to detail is essential as is the ability to carry out tasks to the highest standard.
• Must have a commercial, solutions based approach to programming and problem solving.
• Strong work ethic and mature, professional attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
How to Apply
Email us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org