THQ Studio Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of THQ, Inc. The studio was founded in Jan 2003 and has grown to 50+ people. The Company is looking to expand to over 70 people over the next year. THQ Studio Australia completed its first title, Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies, based on the popular Nickelodeon franchise. It is available on Playstation�2 and Nintendo GameCube. Work is well underway on a high profile second project for all three major consoles. Pre-production has also started on a third exciting project, an RPG title.
THQ Studio Australia is looking for a Project Manager to work on future console-based titles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's top game companies. THQ Studio Australia is a great place to work with a friendly environment and great infrastructure. We are able to offer competitive salaries, salary packaging and significant project bonuses.
- To deliver the game on time, within budget and to a high quality.
- Primary point of contact for the licensor.
- Create and maintain a project schedule.
- Generating milestones and specific milestone deliverables for the contract.
- Establishing the processes through which the game will be developed.
- Delegation and prioritisation of tasks.
- Monitoring day-to-day running of the project, identifying and solving production problems.
- Ensure a realistic game scope.
- Report effectively to Senior Management.
- Running team meetings and ensuring good communication.
- Delivery of milestones.
- Liase with Marketing Manager and the publisher's PR & marketing operations to provide necessary materials.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Office, Power Point.
- Good understanding of game development techniques.
- Industry management experience.
- Confident self starter with good motivational skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Good communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Proven leadership skills essential.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games in general.
- Ability to fit into a dynamic, creative team environment.
- Mature professional attitude and work ethic.
- Applicant needs to be comfortable working to deadlines.
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
- A willingness and ability to learn is essential.
Email resumes to OzStudio_Resumes@thq.com